Posted By batikhfraise 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

best strategy to make 3D video animation with RealLusion products

Author
Idea.png
batikhfraise
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
hi guys , i'm new here , i have a task to make a 5 minutes 3D video animation and my choice is RealLusion products for the job ,
but i'm beginner and i like ask experts for the easy way to accomplish this work and which products should i get for it .
so
what are your suggestions for this work and what you advise me ?
Edited
8 Years Ago by batikhfraise
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Weeks Ago
Greetings, and WELCOME to the Reallusion family.

Since you mention "3D" movies, I assume you're talking about iClone.  What else did you buy?  3DXChange?  Anything else?

To help you get great advice and insight from the real experts, I have a list of questions for you to consider, and if you're really serious about this, I think some of this information will be useful to people who are willing to share their expertise and experience with you.  An iClone project can be relatively simple, or a huge undertaking, it's really up to you and your goals.

Questions that come to my mind:
  • What is the purpose of the videos?  Education and instructional?  Entertainment?
  • Do you have timeline and budget constraints?
  • Will this be a single project, or do you anticipate other videos that can re-use the same sets, characters, or props?
  • What style do you want?  Cartoonish?  Realistic (in iClone terms, anyway).
  • Do you want actual recorded voices, or computer-generated speech?

• Will you need complex, 3D sets?  Can your actor be in front of a "picture" background?
  • What about props?  Will your actor be interacting with things?  Does anything break?  Flying planes, riding bikes, driving cars?  Breaking things?
  • Speaking of props, do you plan on creating custom props using other software (Blender, Maya, Zbrush), or do you plan on buying things from the Reallusion store or marketplace?
  • Will this mostly be a single character, or a room full of people having a party?
  • Will there be complex actions, like an epic karate fight, or mostly walking, standing, and some hand gestures?
  • Are you going to be a one-man team?  Or do you have someone writing, someone creating props, someone working on the set, someone in charge of music and sound effects?  Compositing and editing?

The reason I'm asking all these questions is I think they will influence how a person goes about a project, and your answers might help people steer you in the best direction.

Good luck, and I hope you have some fun along the way.

P.S.
Pay attention to WHERE you post your questions.  Most of them will probably belong in the "iClone - General" section.  This post is misplaced, but we'll survive.  Wink  I'm not complaining.  I want to be sure you get helped, and posting in the right areas will help ensure the right people see it.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
batikhfraise
batikhfraise
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thank you very much justaviking for your response,
it is short comic movie for youtube
series and i should make 2 * 5 min in one month and i'm alone in this project , it is about TV news broadcaster in studio and then moves to an interview with 1 or 2 people in office , characters should speak , use phone , shake hands ,drink coffee , no limitations about style but cartoonize exciting peoples i thing will take more time , the speech is ready recorded about the scene i have no limitations also i can use only backgrounds but characters should use some models like phone coffee cup ... , about animation i have simple ones , just speaking turn left and right , run ... just a basic animations , about the team , i have one for modeling simple models , like sofa , cups and studio , and one other for recording audio .
and thank you justaviking for your response.
Edited
8 Years Ago by batikhfraise
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Weeks Ago
I'm so glad to hear back from you.

Before I start babbling more, I want to encourage you to go to the "Newbie - Say Hello" area.  Introduce yourself and give a link to this thread.  You can pull a URL from the "Share" button in the lower-right corner of the post.
  • Start small.  You are a beginner.  Do not try to create an entire, finished episode the first time.  Work on individual skills.  Get an avatar to talk.  Get one to walk.  Get one to pick up a coffee cup.  Then you can start combining those skills into a more complete video.  Baby steps... build and expand on what you learn.
  • Invest in your set.  Since you plan to use it multiple times, that will pay off.  Also take time to work on the lighting.
  • I don't do a lot of "Toon" style work personally, but I see advantages in it.  In my opinion, your audience will be more forgiving of technical details when the style is less realistic.  Consider a typical kid's cartoon; there really isn't much lip-sync to worry about.  The more realistic your production is, the more things like bad lip-sync will bother people.  Lighting and motion and everything else is still important, but it's something to consider.

Good luck.  Have fun.  Share work-in-progress clips.  Ask questions.  Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic