Crazytalk 4.6 AutoPlay not working

Posted By fpc 17 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
fpc
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 17 Years Ago
I've made a couple of web projects using CrazyTalk 4.6.  When I go to the websites, I have to click on the play arrow to start play.  I viewed the source and AutoPlay's Value is set to 1.  I am using IE 7.  Waiting motion is working.

Here is website:

http://jake.no-ip.org/

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Norm

RKD
RKD
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi Norm,

your site works fine for me and plays well at page load, in both Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 2.

However, only the first time per browser session. When the page is reloaded the character will not autoplay again. Not unless the browser is closed (all instances) and restarted.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Worked fine for me too in IE7. Nicely done. Well done Norm. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

fpc
fpc
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)Veteran Member (804 reputation)

Thanks for your replies.  I did look at it on a couple other computers.  Some start up and some require the play button.  Perhaps they all start up one time.  Then it must get cached and not start a second time (?). 

Thanks for the help.  I wonder what could be different about some browsers and whether there would be anyway to get around that issue.

I really like the program.  So simple to use and with readily achievable impressive results.

CU,

Norm

pianomagic
pianomagic
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)

I seem to be having the same problem as described at the top of this thread. I know I'm probably doing something wrong, but have no idea what it might be. Data files are uploaded, and the test page is located at http://www.pianomagic.com/crazycharacters/test.htm , but nothing plays for me.

Would somebody please have a look and see if you can identify the problem? All code came straight from CT Media Studio 4.6.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike

RKD
RKD
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
pianomagic (9/22/2007)
Data files are uploaded [...] but nothing plays for me.
Would somebody please have a look and see if you can identify the problem?

Hi Mike, the problem in your case is that the CTS and the CTM files cannot be found because MS IIS (the server you or your webhost is running) does not serve them. There is a thread on the old forum how to fix this.

Edited
17 Years Ago by RKD
fpc
fpc
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

As another solution to the problem, I was going to suggest the use of one of the free hosting sites such as http://www.agilityhoster.com.  I just uploaded some CT stuff to it and indeed the site supports the files.  The models work because I can see the pictures.  And the scripts work because I can hear the voices.  However, the mouths do not move with the words.  Strange because the resting motions work.  What would cause that condition?  Or is this another example of the problem with the server?

The site is at http://fpc.atwebpages.com/cgi-bin/gds.html

thanks for the help.

Norm

Edited
17 Years Ago by fpc
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
To Mike...
Sorry to contrast the discussion flow but I thought 2 things were worth saying...
1. Your site design is a really "easy on the eyes" environment and an enjoyable concise arena of informative content. I'll be watching to see how you implement C.T. I dont use it personally... but I was curious.
2. I have a Piano mechanism that took about three weeks to develop correctly, built in Flash that is on a dormant site currently and has been for 10 months.
Seen left at site.)
http://www.chilternpianoservices.com/
It's resizeable and etc as flash is and easy to lay in place. If you'd like it give me the nod and I'll issue. Have it with my blessing.
I just thought your online presence was a pelasant contrast and you might have use for this otherwise unused Piano Mechanics insight. I've never seen another like it & I'll never build another. Tongue.
Siouxie Sioux.
(Alias Armstrong.)

pianomagic (9/22/2007)
I seem to be having the same problem as described at the top of this thread. I know I'm probably doing something wrong, but have no idea what it might be. Data files are uploaded, and the test page is located at http://www.pianomagic.com/crazycharacters/test.htm , but nothing plays for me.

Would somebody please have a look and see if you can identify the problem? All code came straight from CT Media Studio 4.6.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike

fpc
fpc
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Siouxie Sioux,

I enjoyed messing with your website.  Really amazing!  The piano keys and mechanism are great.  also the music book on the piano.  I like the sustaining feature as well.

Thanks for the link.

Norm

pianomagic
pianomagic
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)

THANK YOU, RKD! THAT did the trick!

I have a dedicated server, so I simply followed your very clear instructions and DID IT...and IT WURKS! YAY!

Now that my 'TEST' works, I have to get to work and create some KOOL 'heads' for my site! I THINK this is going to be FUN!

If anyone has suggestions for GOOD TTS voices -not 'robotic' - I would love to know your preferences.

Thanks again to EVERYONE for your helpful ideas and support!

Mike

Reading This Topic