Profile Picture

Poser/Daz Hair to Character Creator tutorial?

Posted By jarretttowe 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi. I saw Rampa's nice new hairs that were contributed last week, and I was wondering if there was a tutorial that could teach me how to do this with some of my old hair files? It would be great to be able to use them in Character Creator. I have pipeline 6/zbrush/max/daz studio 4.9/poser pro 11 if that helps.
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
in daz
1. add your hair to stage (no figure is needed)
2. select color preset
3. decimate it, if you have that plugin
4. export as obj

5. import to 3dxchange
6. export as prop

7. open iclone
8. add a cc charactor
9. drag the hair into scene
10 .attach it to head
11. use position in the attach menu
12. adjust transforms and tweak the textures
13 select charactor and edit in CC
14. select hair and save in cc

Edited
8 Years Ago by budbundy
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Perfect! Thanks budbundy!
acupo
acupo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
What about weight maps? Does the hair move?
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

you can create a weight map using the UV and a gradian shader. make sure you have a 100% black strip at top of hair to lock it to model and then adjust the rest to suit taste. You can find several videos on the subject. 

Using soft cloth of course
Edited
7 Years Ago by paulg625
chrispark7
chrispark7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
"select charactor and edit in CC"

When I try to do that -- and I have the full pipeline version -- it doesn't actually ever load the character from iClone over to CC.  All the other steps work great, and I'm able to work in CC and iClone themselves fine.  Exporting from CC to iClone works great, and in fact that's how the character came to exist in the first place.  All of this is with the latest bleeding edge versions of everything, downloaded in the last two days.

Any ideas?  Googling for "Edit In Character Creator" not working in iClone doesn't bring up any results, so I either must be doing something wrong or this is an unlucky new issue.
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

To get it into CC you will need to go through a third party 3D program like Blender. using the figure export from CC. Look for clothing creation tutorials for CC and there is a Tutorial of getting Daz clothing into CC through Blender as well.  I think you can also bring props from Iclone into CC but haven't done this yet. Things like hats to make adjustments to mesh. But if you want full CC access you will have to follow the creation process and just substitute the hair for what they create and follow the rest of the creation process...
chrispark7
chrispark7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)Senior Member (405 reputation)

Right, I've seen that workflow -- which is pretty rough.  But right in iClone itself there is a big "Edit in CC" button on the right-hand side.  When I do that, even using a character that was created in CC and has no custom parts from external files whatsoever, it doesn't actually edit it in CC.  I've seen some tutorial videos where people clicked that and it works.  For me it brings up CC, focuses the program anyway, but doesn't do anything beyond that.
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

When I have a CC character in a scene in Iclone and click on Edit in CC. If I have CC open and a different character in CC (like base) it aske me to open project and then the character is in CC ready to edit. IF CC not open it says creating thumb nail and opens CC  asking about replacing project and again it opens the project correctly. 

chrispark7 (10/6/2017)
Right, I've seen that workflow -- which is pretty rough.  But right in iClone itself there is a big "Edit in CC" button on the right-hand side.  When I do that, even using a character that was created in CC and has no custom parts from external files whatsoever, it doesn't actually edit it in CC.  I've seen some tutorial videos where people clicked that and it works.  For me it brings up CC, focuses the program anyway, but doesn't do anything beyond that.

chrispark7
chrispark7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I've seen that happen in tutorial videos, but for me it just opens the CC tool or focuses it and then doesn't do anything else.  Bummer.  Ultimately it hasn't impacted my workflow, since I've just been adding the hair inside iClone 7 itself.  But it's hard to visualize the character in CC sometimes when I'm working with vastly different hair from what I'm going to be seeing in the final one.  No real crisis, but so it goes.

Reading This Topic