Posted 4 Years Ago
Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
So, I wrote a post last week when I wanted to use an iClone Character in UE4 while using animations made for UE4. This is becoming one problem after another.
1. Exporting animation from UE4, then trying to use them in UE4..........FAIL
2. Re-map the animations in UE4 with the iClone Skeleton...............FAIL
3. Export FBX in the attempt to recreate bones and weights of my own................FAIL (if I delete the iClone Bones the model repositions and eyes, mouth, clothes scale and reposition)
4. Export OBJ..................FAIL (same as FBX, all the pieces are repositioned)
Another note about Exporting the model...
- I don't know why on exports the textures are only 2048x2048 max.
- delete hidden geometry will delete the pelvis and feet, but I can't get rid of the legs.......... super annoying, screws up my UV's if I delete them in C4D, plus the 2k texture for the body is lowered because it contains the legs. So creating my own bones and weights is becoming impossible as well.
Here is a question for Reallusion... For game creation, why don't they have an option to create bones in iClone or have the option to export an FBX with standard bones for character design. The process of trying to make this work has been incredibly frustrating, because I haven't found a solution.
To go down the road of recreating all of the animations needed for gameplay in UE4 from scratch is not a task I'm willing to do. There has to be another way!!!