Profile Picture

HELP! What to buy??

Posted By mickc52 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mickc52
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello.  My name is Mick.
The iClone 6 Pro Bundle is $299.  For an extra $100 you get the iClone 6 Character Creator Deluxe Suite, which gives you the CC Essentials Complete Bundle.  Is it worth the extra $100???  Thank you in advance.  Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
The CC Essentials Bundle gives you additional morphs and settings for CC. I decided to buy it, and I think it's worth it if you want to do a lot with CC.

What else is in the iClone 6 Pro bundle? What you want is iClone 6 Pro and 3DXchange Pro. Don't bother with the Indigo Renderer unless you want to create stills. (Indigo has turned out not to be very suitable for animation.)

If you want to create faces from photos for CC characters, you would need CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline.  However, it would be better to wait as a separate Head Creator has been announced for release later this year.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mickc52
mickc52
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thanks for the info.  Perfect.  Just what I needed to know.  I can see this forum is going to be very beneficial as well.
GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I would second what animagic relayed ....  if you plan on doing anything with iClone bases in other 3d modeling tools (3dsMax, blender, Maya, Mudbox, ZBrush, etc) you may want to consider the 3d Exchange Pipeline version......

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

Macenstein
Macenstein
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi there,
I'm a graphic artist who wants to try this out as cheaply as possible and I wrote to support and wasn't quite able to get the answer I wanted.

I own an XBOX one, I ordered the xbox one PC cable to connect the kinect to the PC.

So my question is,

Can I just buy the $99 plug-in and do anything? 
Or do I need to buy iClone for another $199 to be able to do anything?

Does the motion capture plug-in come with any test characters? And can you export anything out of the plugin?

For instance, could I make a character mimic my movements, then export a quicktime that I could composite in After Effects or something?

If not, what would I need?

thanks!

Reading This Topic