Brekel Pro hands looks to be a winner!

Posted By Rampa 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago

Just discovered something really cool!

Brekel Pro Hands saves out hand animations with a body in a T-pose. It's Maya HumanIK format, so it's a one button characterization. The animation goes across just fine, and exports to iClone. Once it's in iClone, you can do a "collect clip" and save it as a gesture.

Here's the clip I just I just saved from their example data.

Attachments
hand test.zip (158 views, 687.00 KB)
primaveranz
primaveranz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Damn, that's cool Wink
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Yeah, sorry Rampa, I should have posted here before about this (because I knew you were interested).  But I'm glad you had a chance to try it yourself.

What's interesting about the demo is that although you are limited to 100 "tries" and only 10 seconds of animation, for hands that is almost all you'll ever need (I think I've got at least 80 left, and that's not 80 animations, folks, but 80 times you can bring the software up -- so if you planned carefully you could do an awful lot of stuff during that time).  I'm certainly not one to not pay for software, but the evaluation period if more than reasonable for this particular one, and anyone with a Leap controller really needs to at least try it.

My own particular issue is I can't find enough hand animations I really need or want -- I already have dozens and the few I recorded, while good, are just about all I could think of right now.  However, I'm still not in a production mode so that might well change (and I'll buy it then if I start using it regularly).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

KT. I forgot you have one of these. Smile

I know it's just using infra red, so is a limited to line-of-sight, but can you turn your hand over 180 degrees? I guess it takes a bit of practice to pantomime everything, but smooth finger movement sure does look nice. 

I suppose you could re-orient the sensor to make some gesturing easier. I was even thinking of a special forearm attachment that would hold it relative to your hand.

I have seen some very good hand capture from Kinect 2, but only experimental stuff, no products available.
ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
How do you open the file? I unzipped it. Now which program do I use to see it in action?

Thanks,
Craig
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ckalan1 (1/3/2016)
How do you open the file? I unzipped it. Now which program do I use to see it in action?

Thanks,
Craig

The zipped file is ready to use. It's an "iHand" file. Just drag-and-drop it on your avatar in iClone.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

rampa (1/3/2016)
KT. I forgot you have one of these. Smile

I know it's just using infra red, so is a limited to line-of-sight, but can you turn your hand over 180 degrees? 

I suppose you could re-orient the sensor to make some gesturing easier. I was even thinking of a special forearm attachment that would hold it relative to your hand..

You can turn your hand over, and it will work, but you can also confuse it (a bit like what happens with the Kinect if you turn around or move your arm behind your body).  You can also reorient, inside the program, which way the gestures are read, so you don't need to change the positioning of the controller if you don't want to.

I'm SO behind in all that I want to try that this has taken a real back-burner (I even unplugged my Leap controller when I put my new Kinect in because I wanted to be sure I wasn't have USB 3.0 conflicts -- easy to plug back in but just haven't gotten around to it).  Sigh -- so much software, so little time.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi KT

I thought Brekel Pro software  needed a USB 3.1 to work. Not so?

(It wouldn't work on my USB 3.0)

SystemSpecs

HomebuildASRock Z68 Extreme4 MoBo,  i7-2600K@3.4Ghz CPU , 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 5.5Tb SATA III HDD, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strixedition running DX 12; Win 10 Pro (64-bit) + Samsung S24D300H 1920X1080 monitor+ spare 1680X1050 monitor. Kinect for Windows v2. Huion 610 Pro Graphicstablet.

ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks, it works really well.

Craig
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

SeanMac (1/4/2016)
Hi KT

I thought Brekel Pro software  needed a USB 3.1 to work. Not so?

(It wouldn't work on my USB 3.0)

SystemSpecs

HomebuildASRock Z68 Extreme4 MoBo,  i7-2600K@3.4Ghz CPU , 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 5.5Tb SATA III HDD, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strixedition running DX 12; Win 10 Pro (64-bit) + Samsung S24D300H 1920X1080 monitor+ spare 1680X1050 monitor. Kinect for Windows v2. Huion 610 Pro Graphicstablet.

We're talking here about the Brekal software for the Leap Controller -- the Leap only needs a "normal" USB port (I don't even think it needs USB 3.0 but don't quote me -- for sure it works on all my 3.0 USB ports).  

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic