Sketchup made model

Posted By allamosa 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
allamosa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have several sketchup models I have made and they are in a projects file. They were first in the 3DExchange and then I sent them to iClone 6. Now, when I try to open them, I just have a flash of the loading file and then nothing. There are three models and two of them will not load, one will. I appreciate any help to might offer as to what is happening and.or how to get the files to load in iClone 6.
Clark
Clark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I don't know if it will help, but there are times that I have loaded a file from sketchup that was either so large or so small with respect to the viewed scale that they are not seen.  Either they are so small they are invisible or so large that within the mesh they are invisible.  If they can be selected in the scene then they can be rescaled.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Clark made a good point.  In 3DXchange, turn on the "person" for a size reference.

My personal experience with Sketchup models I've downloaded is, frankly, I don't trust them.  Many are poorly made (I'm not insulting yours, only others), and often times there are poorly formed polygons; twisted, reversed, etc.  Some have come in fine, but it's real hit-and-miss.  That doesn't help fix the problem, but when it comes to Sketchup models, I'm not surprised you're having problems.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 minutes ago
The grid in 3DXchange is 1 meter by 1 meter default, which gives you an idea of the size of your object. I often look for the standard dimensions of the actual object and then scale the model accordingly. Another issue you may run into is that the model is not centered around the world axis (0, 0, 0), so it's often a good idea to select "Align to ground" in 3DXchange, so the model in iClone will load at the center of the world axis as well.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by animagic
allamosa
allamosa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
The models I have are in iClone but the only thing I get when trying to load them for editing, adding and using them is just the block that shows them loading but only for a second and then nothing. Some will load but others will not. Do you think I could ever get an answer for this problem from Reallusion?
mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I case these are models you downloaded from the 3D Warehouse you could post the link and we could try 'em. Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

primaveranz
primaveranz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month

What does the "Model Info" window show in Sketchup for "Edges", and have you tried clicking "Purge Unused" and "Fix Problems" before importing to iClone? As others have pointed out Sketchup models are notoriously variable in quality.
primaveranz
primaveranz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Two more thoughts.
What version of SketchUp is it?
And, after the loading box has vanished, have you tried hitting the "Home" button? That will zoom to the model if it is actually on the set somewhere other than where you expect. (Although it should be visible in the Set Tab anyway)
Space 3D
Space 3D
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hai friends ,
I use SketchUp models to iClone been a long time.
No problems with SketchUp models into iClone.

This way a good converter  SketchUp models into iClone :
- Export SketchUp on DAE file (included texture)
- Use Autodesk Free Converter (FBX file format use reference version)
- Then import FBX files to 3D exchange
- This best way for texture SketchUp models to iClone
- Use Autodesk Free FBX viewer for your models. (This check for scale model)

May be useful
Note :
- if use skp file to 3D exchange , some time loose texture.

Reading This Topic