Profile Picture

CT8 - biggest disappointment of the year!

Posted By Makumba666 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Makumba666
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi all,
This time Reallusion drop the ball, really. Not sure about people wanting just to make some talking head animation and their eagerness to pay $150, but for game developers it proves to be useless piece of... crap. So why in the world one may need CT8? For making custom heads for Character Creator, of course! Just imagine possibilities: you create a custom head in CT8, import it CC, animate in iClone, export by 3dExchange and you have great asset for your game, animation, whatever.
But it turns out to be NOT TRUE, or lie in other words. For example you made a great looking custom head in CT8:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c6f9af76-8b14-40ad-b984-d8e8.jpg
Cool! Great job! Bravo!
And then you apply this custom head to character creator model, and you see :
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a901e0cf-aeab-43bf-b217-7462.jpg
This monstrosity with huge nose, squint eyes, you name it... totally different face.
So why lie? You can not use faces created in CT8 anywhere, except in CT8, for making idiotic head talking animations!
Pity, it could be a very usefull piece of software, not useless piece of... crap.

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post CT8 - biggest disappointment of the year! By Makumba666 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post No, you just don't know the secret. And it IS a secret -- too bad... By Kelleytoons ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post This is my best attempt- after resetting base female model. No big... By Makumba666 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post One more example. This is the head in CT8: and this is monstrosity... By Makumba666 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Other than the eyes (which can easily be fixed -- just use the eyes in... By Kelleytoons ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I have had bigger disappointments this year than CT8. For instance, my... By ckalan1 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I see some persons are hard to see obvious things. Zbrush, Topogun,... By Makumba666 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Speaking of the videos... I went back and watching the side fitting... By Kelleytoons ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post You're doing something wrong. I copied your photo and aligned every... By texasvideographer ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]texasvideographer (12/26/2015)[/b][hr]You're doing something... By toppro77 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]Makumba666 (12/25/2015)[/b][hr]Hi all, This time Reallusion... By toppro77 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post If it was the software, mine would've came out like yours. I'm sure it... By texasvideographer ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post If people would just take time to follow the tutorials and related... By animagic ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post Update: You can use any good photo to create a good looking face. My... By toppro77 ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post "it's been weeks since I rebooted". ............seriously???? I... By wendyluvscatz ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post I think that title rightfully belongs to the Indigo render plugin. By VirtualMedia ( 9 Years Ago )
Forum Post actually that latest Reallusion tutorial helped a lot with the clothes... By wendyluvscatz ( 9 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic