Profile Picture

CT8 Animal Models

Posted By SteveK 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SteveK
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Long time user of CT6 & 7, Brand Newbie to CT8.  How do I let the program know I'm creating a 3D model of an animal (Beagle, long nose, long ears)?  When creating the model, the working picture is of a human and if I try using it the created model is all jumbled.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I'm going to guess you won't be very successful.

Even humans that don't *quite* fit the model won't work well -- I'm not sure they weren't taking a lot of license to state you could actually make animal heads.  Perhaps animals that have a very human looking face, with eyes, nose and mouth to match, but that's about it.

I was having a heck of a time getting an alien to work and eventually gave up.  But it's a first pass and hopefully we'll see more flexibility as the next iteration comes out (I'd like to see the ability to have more points for the eyes, nose and mouth, which would help a lot in the situation you find yourself in).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
O'Brixtor
O'Brixtor
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I am also very disappointed on this matter... The 3D facefitter sucks.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
SteveK (12/25/2015)
Long time user of CT6 & 7, Brand Newbie to CT8.  How do I let the program know I'm creating a 3D model of an animal (Beagle, long nose, long ears)?  When creating the model, the working picture is of a human and if I try using it the created model is all jumbled.

Just select 2D mode when creating the head and you will all the same options for animals you had in CT7. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
O'Brixtor (12/25/2015)
I am also very disappointed on this matter... The 3D facefitter sucks.

Would you care to explain more why you think the 3D Face Fitter sucks? I and many others are getting excellent results so what problems are you having?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
O'Brixtor
O'Brixtor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi Peter (RL)

You keep asking me the same questions to my critisme of CT8 on what problems i'm facing. First of all, many of the problems are already descriped in this forum. Eg here: https://forum.reallusion.com/266388/CT-81-wishlist-MOVED?PageIndex=1  Funny thing is that Mr. Kelleytoons started that tread shot time after telling me, that i was all wrong in this tread: https://forum.reallusion.com/264317/Showcase-Yourself-Show-us-your-3D-heads?PageIndex=5

Now i'm glad that you all get great results with CT8 3D... I just haven't seen any of them yet - not one single one (and i have been looking a lot!). However, I've had people mailing me in private (out of RL) letting me know that they agree with me in my critisme, and giving RL moneyback disputes for the same reason too... I just rest my case for now on that matter, while i'll wait and hope for a software update to fix some of the issues. Most importent the eyes and eyelids.

Meanwhile i'm still disapointed in both the software and the support around it - also counting in here in this forum. People telling me on how everything is just so great, when it's
obvious it's not..- And that it's just me who don't understand to work around the hole thing. Well it's not! (also i have watch all the tutorials on YouTube).

Besides that it annoys me a lot that I can not keep my characters body and hair (in 3D).. I mean wtf? Why is that? Oh yeah, you wanna make more money on clothes and hair and stuff. But it aint gonna be on me! And nobody ever said anything about that in the
commercials for CT8 3D, right?! And please, don't start telling me, that it can not be done. Of cause it can!

Bottom line... I've seen how all people here admire Steve Jobs.. I mean you guys from RL use him as character in your tutorials on CrazyTalk Animator, and users inhere has words of him in their signature and so on.. Well, maybe you should start to understand what he actually did right, which led to his and Apples succes! Insted of compromising that much as you do. CT8 is like the failures of Macintosh
(as it is now). CT8 is like when Windows 8 took over from Windows 7 and XP... Damn, i'm looking forward for something much better! (And i still don't wanna buy all your done graphics-packs even i can alternate colors and stuff on it etc. I wanna use my own characters graphics!)

Enough for now.....

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Just to clarify what you seem to be misrepresenting as my position:

IIRC (and I'm old so I may not) you were taking the "3D head creation sucks" line in another thread and I defended the program because, well, obviously it does NOT suck.  It works very well indeed.  I started the thread about the things I want added/fixed to the creation not because the program is broken or even works poorly, but because it can work better.  ANY program can work better -- there is no inconsistency to my position there and I resent you trying to make it seem like there was.

For the record here, I think the 3D facefitter is the best example of ANY sort of thing I've seen (and I've used these things over a couple of decades ago -- they've been around that long).  I just want it to be even better and I'm hoping RL will look at that thread and consider some of my and others suggestions.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 33 minutes ago
Judging by some of the reactions, it may have been a mistake for RL to put the 3D Head Creator in CrazyTalk, which has traditionally been more of an EZ button program. For those who only use CT (and not iClone), the 3D heads don't seem to have much of an advantage compared to 2D heads.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic