Whats new in Character Creator v1.3

Posted By Eric (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Oh, wait -- now I see what you are saying.  You're saying I'm looking at XChange and I should be looking at Pro.

However, when I CLICK on the iClone 6 pro patch/bonus the XChange screen is what comes up.  IOW, I don't see any iClone Pro screen that Peter shows.

Now perhaps I should try clicking on the XChange Patch/Bonus, but I really think my account is just screwed up (and someone from RL needs to look at it).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Hmmm, weirdly enough I *was* able to get it to work by moving it over to my secondary screen (dual monitors).

So there was something perculiar about the way that popup functioned.  Okay, one problem solved (now if I could only get an answer to my CT8 question).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Kelleytoons (12/18/2015)
Mine aren't -- I've posted this image elsewhere but just in case I'm missing something obvious:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d86f8dc9-7567-473a-bc83-d021.jpg

You're looking at 3DXchange 6 not iClone 6. Please take a deep breath and try to follow the instructions. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
9 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Kelleytoons (12/18/2015)
Hmmm, weirdly enough I *was* able to get it to work by moving it over to my secondary screen (dual monitors).

So there was something perculiar about the way that popup functioned.  Okay, one problem solved (now if I could only get an answer to my CT8 question).

Kelleytoons can you please stop posting the same question all over the forum. I'm literally chasing you around answering the same question but it seems you don't go back to your old threads to check the replies. Ermm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter,

I *promise* that was the screen that was coming up when I clicked on iClone 6 Pro.  Really and truly.

However, moving my browser over to my secondary window cleared up the problem.  I AM old, and I do make mistakes, but this wasn't one of them.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (12/18/2015)
 I AM old, and I do make mistakes, but this wasn't one of them.

I have no idea how clicking "Patch/Bonus" for iClone 6 would open 3DXchange 6 unless you already had this open and didn't close it. Either way I'm glad you finally found the Character Creator update. Now if you check the replies to all the other posts you will also find out how to get your copy of CT8 Pipeline. Wink

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
9 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Language problem may be. This is only a Google translation because my English is very rusty.Incidentally, you can from the CC itself out call the update:
1. Press the Help tab
2. Select the "Check for Update"
3. Press the "Upgrade Now" button
4. Done
Then you have upgraded to 1.3
greetings from Germany
Postfrosch
PS. I prefer to just be someone that you can find your patch
PPS:
Your problem is solved in the meantime

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Edited
9 Years Ago by Postfrosch
ThinkerFeeler
ThinkerFeeler
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I downloaded patch 6.3 for iClone and 1.3 for Character Creator.  But when I import a character from Character Creator to iClone, it loses the wrinkles.

I used Character Creator v1.3 to create an old woman with wrinkles. When I import her into iClone v6.3 PRO, the wrinkles disappear. I tried exporting as iAvatar; I tried to Send Character to iClone; and I tried exporting via Selected Object (which created CC_Standard.iAvatar).  For none of them did she have wrinkles in iClone.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

How did you create the wrinkles?  (Exactly what steps did you try?)

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ThinkerFeeler
ThinkerFeeler
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (tutor),  the way I created wrinkles was to use IClone Character Creator. I clicked on Modify (in the upper right). Then I clicked on the middle Appearance tab (its icon looks like an artist's paint board).  The I clicked on Activate Appearance Editor on the right.  Choose Head Surface Normals and adjust Age  and Strength for Forehead, Cheeks, and Chin.   Face freckles helps too.       Kinda hard to figure this out. I'm sure there are other controls that I haven't figured out.

Reading This Topic