Whats new in Character Creator v1.3

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic264230.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Eric (RL) - 9 Years Ago
Character Creator  v1.3: New Features

Added: Provide DirectX9 graphics mode selection for Character Creator

However, the following are not supported: real-time smooth, displacement, tessellation. Hair may also display anomalies due to how transparency layer is calculated.

Character Creator v1.3: Bug Fixes

• Fixed: iClone initiation failed when launched from Character Creator if the computer user name includes non-English characters.
  • Fixed: Wireframe button status not updated under certain conditions.
  • Fixed: Minimized iClone window does not revert when iClone is launched from Character Creator.
  • Fixed: Light gizmo remains in 3D view when using the "/" key and when morph items are modified.
  • Fixed: Foot morph data lost when high heel shoes are removed.
  • Fixed: High Dynamic Texture doesn't import to iClone correctly when the Appearance Editor is not unloaded in Character Creator.

By bigrah_2000 - 9 Years Ago
Hey Eric,

Wasn't it Iclone that revived the upgrade to 6.3 and not Character Creator?
By Eric (RL) - 9 Years Ago
Hi bigrah_2000!

You are right! Character Creator is updated to v1.3, not v6.3. Tongue
By Kelleytoons - 9 Years Ago
I can't find the ability to update my CC -- the only place I can find to download it is to download the trial and when I go to CC itself and do a check for update it only takes me to the main RL site.

A link for the 1.3 update would be appreciated.
By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (12/18/2015)
I can't find the ability to update my CC -- the only place I can find to download it is to download the trial and when I go to CC itself and do a check for update it only takes me to the main RL site.

A link for the 1.3 update would be appreciated.

You can find the Character Creator update in your Member Account by clicking the "Patch/Bonus" link for iClone 6 or use LiveUpdate.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/111fcb75-020a-49f6-bf26-978a.png
By JimmyB7 - 9 Years Ago
Looks like the new updates are now listed in the Member Registration, Patch and Bonus page.
Mine aren't -- I've posted this image elsewhere but just in case I'm missing something obvious:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d86f8dc9-7567-473a-bc83-d021.jpg
And (while we're on this topic) where the heck is my Bonus G6 character outfits?  (Trust me, I've bought everything there could be that would be that, unless they were named something else).
By Postfrosch - 9 Years Ago
Hi Kelleytoons
which C6 Bonus Character outfits do you mean?
For CC was because / there is none.
If you, however, the "Bonus G6 Outfit Collection" mean,
yes that is located in your user account under IClone 6 (see picture)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e25b06b6-d1de-49f4-9b0d-e003.jpg

However, if you the bonus of the Essential pack for the CC mean,
located in your User Account in the field of "Essential Pack"
The picture that you have provided is purely the field of 3dx6 and here is just only the update 6.3 for 3dx6 inside
Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch
I think there's a language problem here, because I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I don't see the same screen that Peter showed, even thought I (should) have all the same stuff.  That was all I was saying and you don't seem to be saying anything different (or I don't understand you).
Oh, wait -- now I see what you are saying.  You're saying I'm looking at XChange and I should be looking at Pro.

However, when I CLICK on the iClone 6 pro patch/bonus the XChange screen is what comes up.  IOW, I don't see any iClone Pro screen that Peter shows.

Now perhaps I should try clicking on the XChange Patch/Bonus, but I really think my account is just screwed up (and someone from RL needs to look at it).
Hmmm, weirdly enough I *was* able to get it to work by moving it over to my secondary screen (dual monitors).

So there was something perculiar about the way that popup functioned.  Okay, one problem solved (now if I could only get an answer to my CT8 question).
Kelleytoons (12/18/2015)
Mine aren't -- I've posted this image elsewhere but just in case I'm missing something obvious:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d86f8dc9-7567-473a-bc83-d021.jpg

You're looking at 3DXchange 6 not iClone 6. Please take a deep breath and try to follow the instructions. Smile
Kelleytoons (12/18/2015)
Hmmm, weirdly enough I *was* able to get it to work by moving it over to my secondary screen (dual monitors).

So there was something perculiar about the way that popup functioned.  Okay, one problem solved (now if I could only get an answer to my CT8 question).

Kelleytoons can you please stop posting the same question all over the forum. I'm literally chasing you around answering the same question but it seems you don't go back to your old threads to check the replies. Ermm
Peter,

I *promise* that was the screen that was coming up when I clicked on iClone 6 Pro.  Really and truly.

However, moving my browser over to my secondary window cleared up the problem.  I AM old, and I do make mistakes, but this wasn't one of them.
Kelleytoons (12/18/2015)
 I AM old, and I do make mistakes, but this wasn't one of them.

I have no idea how clicking "Patch/Bonus" for iClone 6 would open 3DXchange 6 unless you already had this open and didn't close it. Either way I'm glad you finally found the Character Creator update. Now if you check the replies to all the other posts you will also find out how to get your copy of CT8 Pipeline. Wink
By Postfrosch - 9 Years Ago
Language problem may be. This is only a Google translation because my English is very rusty.Incidentally, you can from the CC itself out call the update:
1. Press the Help tab
2. Select the "Check for Update"
3. Press the "Upgrade Now" button
4. Done
Then you have upgraded to 1.3
greetings from Germany
Postfrosch
PS. I prefer to just be someone that you can find your patch
PPS:
Your problem is solved in the meantime
By ThinkerFeeler - 9 Years Ago
I downloaded patch 6.3 for iClone and 1.3 for Character Creator.  But when I import a character from Character Creator to iClone, it loses the wrinkles.

I used Character Creator v1.3 to create an old woman with wrinkles. When I import her into iClone v6.3 PRO, the wrinkles disappear. I tried exporting as iAvatar; I tried to Send Character to iClone; and I tried exporting via Selected Object (which created CC_Standard.iAvatar).  For none of them did she have wrinkles in iClone.

How did you create the wrinkles?  (Exactly what steps did you try?)
Kelleytoons (tutor),  the way I created wrinkles was to use IClone Character Creator. I clicked on Modify (in the upper right). Then I clicked on the middle Appearance tab (its icon looks like an artist's paint board).  The I clicked on Activate Appearance Editor on the right.  Choose Head Surface Normals and adjust Age  and Strength for Forehead, Cheeks, and Chin.   Face freckles helps too.       Kinda hard to figure this out. I'm sure there are other controls that I haven't figured out.
Okay, I tried this in CC and then exported to iClone and the wrinkles definately are still there, so I'm not sure what you're doing wrong.

Do make sure you don't already have an avatar in iClone selected when you export from CC (best to start from an empty stage to avoid confusion).

Here's the image in CC:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6656b18f-5e27-4ec5-80d7-25fd.jpg

And here she is in iClone:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/91bbc1c4-a2ac-4f4d-9f48-7ed3.jpg
By Galfridus - 9 Years Ago
ThinkerFeeler (12/19/2015)
I downloaded patch 6.3 for iClone and 1.3 for Character Creator.  But when I import a character from Character Creator to iClone, it loses the wrinkles.

I used Character Creator v1.3 to create an old woman with wrinkles. When I import her into iClone v6.3 PRO, the wrinkles disappear. I tried exporting as iAvatar; I tried to Send Character to iClone; and I tried exporting via Selected Object (which created CC_Standard.iAvatar).  For none of them did she have wrinkles in iClone.

In IC6 - Ctrl+P to bring up the preference panel.

Scroll down to realtime render settings.

Make sure Bump/Normal map is checked.

This is default On for “High” quality setting but is Off for the medium or quick mode.

It needs to be On to see the “wrinkles”.

Geoff.

Edited for clarity
It works now, after I started with a clean stage. Thanks. I dragged my .iAvatar file onto a blank stage.
By oldbobf - 8 Years Ago
bigrah_2000 (12/18/2015)
Hey Eric,

Wasn't it Iclone that revived the upgrade to 6.3 and not Character Creator?