Profile Picture

Create my own clothes and item for Iavatar?

Posted By Dan@3DIM 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan@3DIM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hello, this is my first post..

I want to create my own clothes design for character creator and Iclone 6 animation as well.

Is there are any tutorial or advice from pro?

I use zbrush and 3D Max.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There is a version of CC that will support user-created clothing due out....... Sometime. That's all we know right now.
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
If you want to create custom bases for CC then, at the moment, the only option seems to be the Replace Mesh option in 3DXChange (until CC Pipeline comes out). This solution has limitations but, as far as I know, it is the only way to create custom bases. It should be noted that a bunch of CC bases are available through the CC Essentials pack from which you can make somewhat custom clothing (by applying Opacity maps). However, if you really want to make new CC bases the Replace Mesh option is your only option at this time:

1. Load CC character into 3DXChange with the desired clothing that you will modify. I suggest starting with the closest available base (e.g. Shirt for Coats, Dress for Skirts, etc).
2. Select the CC clothing mesh base, and use the Export Mesh option on the Replace Mesh tab to save it as an OBJ file.
3. Edit the exported mesh in your 3rd party editing software. Please note that the vertices count must remain the same so you basically can shift vertices but you can't add or remove them.
4. In 3DXChange, use the Replace Mesh option on the Replace Mesh tab to re-import your modified mesh
5. Export Avatar
6. Open Avatar in CC
7. Click on the modified mesh
8. Save the new CC base (modified mesh) by using the '+" button

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Dan@3DIM
Dan@3DIM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Lord Ashes (11/22/2015)
If you want to create custom bases for CC then, at the moment, the only option seems to be the Replace Mesh option in 3DXChange (until CC Pipeline comes out). This solution has limitations but, as far as I know, it is the only way to create custom bases. It should be noted that a bunch of CC bases are available through the CC Essentials pack from which you can make somewhat custom clothing (by applying Opacity maps). However, if you really want to make new CC bases the Replace Mesh option is your only option at this time:

1. Load CC character into 3DXChange with the desired clothing that you will modify. I suggest starting with the closest available base (e.g. Shirt for Coats, Dress for Skirts, etc).
2. Select the CC clothing mesh base, and use the Export Mesh option on the Replace Mesh tab to save it as an OBJ file.
3. Edit the exported mesh in your 3rd party editing software. Please note that the vertices count must remain the same so you basically can shift vertices but you can't add or remove them.
4. In 3DXChange, use the Replace Mesh option on the Replace Mesh tab to re-import your modified mesh
5. Export Avatar
6. Open Avatar in CC
7. Click on the modified mesh
8. Save the new CC base (modified mesh) by using the '+" button

Thank. I will try that and learn that way until there are a pipeline from CC.

sw00000p (11/22/2015)
daniel_98 (11/21/2015)
Hello, this is my first post..

I want to create my own clothes design for character creator and Iclone 6 animation as well.

Is there are any tutorial or advice from pro?

I use zbrush and 3D Max.

Hello,  Welcome!Smile

You want to create clothes "FOR" Character Creator? Ermm
...perhaps. you mean with CC.

Being that your a 3ds Max and ZBrush user...
I would create the desired clothing (Then using Max and ZBrush), ...to Optimize the mesh to render fast.
Optimize mesh = One Piece mesh with NO Open Edges.
1 uv for the head and 1 uv for the body.

Now, you have a mesh that will not only render fast, but is Game Ready, should you choose so, later.Wink

Kind Regards,
sw00000p Cool

Yeah that the reason why I want to have CC. And mind my English.. It's not my first language. British sign language is my first.

I just finish create my own base human from scratch. Let me know if you want see one.

I want to made Fantsay armour and sci-fi suit for avatar. Heh.
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

If you are going to make custom CC bases using the Replace Mesh function then create the OBJ file in 3DSMax not Zbrush if you change the UV Mapping of the CC base. There is currently a bug in 3DXChange which causes a distortion of the mesh (if new UV is applied) when using the Replace Mesh function on CC Character meshes if the OBJ file is created by software like ZBrush, Blender, Hexagon 2, or Anim8or. The only software, so far, that has been noted as not inducing this bug is 3DSMax.
If you use ZBrush, I am guessing (but have not tried it since I don't own 3DSMax) you can create the modification in Zbrush, then export as OBJ, pull it into 3DSMax and export it out as OBJ again. This should apply whatever change it is that 3DSMax does to allow the OBJ file to be imported into 3DXChange correctly.
If you are not changing the UV mapping on the modified CC base mesh then you can ignore this post because the bug only shows up when new UV settings are applied.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Dan@3DIM
Dan@3DIM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just did it.

Yeah it working well with 3D Max FBX format. Zbrush don't working just like you said.

Look like I'll have to ask about add my own clothes in Iclone 6 in Iclone forum instead of character creator forum.

Thank you everyone for help with workflow.

Yep. That is working! Heh
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Gaaah.... I have neither 3DSMax or Zbrush

I have only Blender

However, Blender does have an interface option set up so that I can mimick 3DSMax interface... would that help?  (Blender also has a Maya interface setup option)

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

My guess is that, say someone using Blender would like to know how someone executes a technique in 3DSMax or Maya?   They could consult a Max or Maya user, set the Blender interface to mimick either Max or Maya, and then, they can follow along with whatever tutorial the Max or Maya user provides.  Smile

I've never actually tried either of the other interfaces in Blender, so I honestly don't know just how effective it is.

-Martok2112

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, it's like I said, I never monkeyed with the UI changes.

Besides, Blender is what I know, and am learning, and Blender is what I'll stick with.
I don't have thousands of bucks to blow on programs where Blender seems to do much of the same... for free. Smile

-Martok2112

Edited
8 Years Ago by martok2112
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, Blender used to have an add on called "Rigify" in an older version of Blender.   I haven't seen it available since.  But Rigify was a full on rig that you could apply to a character mesh, preferably in the T-pose position.  Then you just map and weight the armature to the mesh.  

I used to do this with XNALara meshes, and for the most part, they worked well in iClone, save for facial animation.

I'm still learning rigging in the current versions of Blender.  It doesn't seem super complicated.  Smile

-Martok2112

Edited
8 Years Ago by martok2112

Reading This Topic