Profile Picture

BURNED AGAIN! XBOX ONE WON'T CONNECT TO PC OUT OF THE BOX!

Posted By JC Weatherby 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

BURNED AGAIN! XBOX ONE WON'T CONNECT TO PC OUT OF THE BOX!

Author
ThomasXXL
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
i believe it will not work with this card.
To your information: My USB 3.0 card is a Transcend TS-PDU3 (Renesas controller)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homebuild computer, Intel i7-6700K, Mainboard Asus Z170-K, 32GB Ram, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Asus Geforce GTX 970 4GB, Asus VH242H Monitor, XBox One Kinect Sensor

iClone 6 Pro, 3DXchange 6 Pipeline, CC Essential Complete Bundle, CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline, popVideo 3
Mocap-plugin

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
to the best of my knowledge ,     the intel drivers needs the intel chipset on the motherboard to work, http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/sftwr-prod/usb3ehcd

where as amd drivers use the amd chipset - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64
-

the only work around I can think of ,  is if you connected an external usb hub that uses an intel chipset ?   and even then that's a logical guess as I don't know if such a process exists,  and it would probably be like linking up 2 computers as opposed to an accessory.  I don't think there is such a thing because I don't know of any other cases where a specific usb brand is needed. -  version 1, 2,3.0 yes,  brand intel/amd no.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I guess I am safe since I use intel/nvidia then.    I learned long ago that when it comes to the 3d stuff since these hardware companies are in cahoots one has to keep up with the jones by staying with the usual otherwise your likely in an attempt to save money probably gonna spend more not to mention the pain in the rear it is to make it all work.    As I get older I am less willing to fart with my pc innards and less adventurous in that respect so I save all my pennies and get something that "complies" with the corporations that I am forced to deal with if I want to make pretty pictures and goofy animations.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

ThomasXXL
ThomasXXL
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

I can only tell you that the Xbox One Kinect works fine with my computer.

Homebuild computer, Intel i7-6700K, Mainboard Asus Z170-K, 32GB Ram, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

iClone 6 Pro, 3DXchange 6 Pipeline, CC Essential Complete Bundle, CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline, popVideo 3
Mocap-plugin

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Sorry, late getting back here.

Yes, both of the machines my Kinects are working with are Intel -- the specs do mention that Intel MUST be the maker of the USB 3.0 port (or that other maker that someone mentioned here).  What I assumed that meant was that IF you are using another MB (like AMD) that you MUST use a PCi card made by Intel (does Intel make such things?  Don't ask me -- I'm a software engineer, not a hardware one -- the old joke about how many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?  None, it's a hardware problem).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I'm a software engineer, not a hardware one -- the old joke about how many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?  None, it's a hardware problem).

and the corollary to your joke is:
  How many hardware engineers does it take to change a light bulb?  None, it'll be fixed in the drivers.

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
ThomasXXL (12/4/2015)
To your information: My USB 3.0 card is a Transcend TS-PDU3 (Renesas controller)

Thomas, thanks much for the heads-up.  I will see what I can do.  Problem of course is I can shop for full slot pci-e cards all day, but they don't publish the Driver specs on the sales page.  
Edited
9 Years Ago by JC Weatherby
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb?  None, they merely change the standard to darkness and then they upgrade the customers.

funny,  but apparently true. w00t

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
JC Weatherby (12/4/2015)
ThomasXXL (12/4/2015)

Thomas, thanks much for the heads-up.  I will see what I can do.  Problem of course is I can shop for full slot pci-e cards all day, but they don't publish the Driver specs on the sales page.  

This card uses the Renesas controller chipset and thus should work (and at the price, almost unbeatable to at least try):

http://www.amazon.com/Crest-Renesas-Chipset-Components-SD-PEX20159/dp/B00MTZZP5E

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
ThomasXXL
ThomasXXL
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

In case you don't need four ports this is the one I have
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Adapter-PCIE-Desktop-TS-PDU3/dp/B003MVJG8Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1449263028&sr=1-1&keywords=ts-PDU3

Mocap-plugin

Reading This Topic