Slow Program Boot and Misc. Loading

Posted By kenshinw95 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kenshinw95
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I am so confused, and all my Google searches for  answers were futile.
I upgraded from iClone 5Pro to 6Pro, and have both installed on an SSD. My system exceeds the requirements for both programs. Version 5 loaded, and ran in a flash, but not ver. 6. Keep in mind, there is no project, no avatars, or anything loaded.
Just what happens after double-clicking the icon. Version 6 loads up in a flash like 5, BUT the title bar is gray, and ALL the buttons are unresponsive until about a minute elapses. The title bar turns blue, and everything responds like normal. Why?
I thought having iClone on a SSD would make it load MUCH faster than a regular HDD.
In a related note, whenever I load up an avatar like Mason, props, or just about anything a "Converting" dialog box appears with a slowly advancing progress bar. What is it converting? I thought the content that came with iClone 6 were designed for it, so I wouldn't think that the program would need to convert any of it. Custom props, avatars, etc. I could understand, but not the content that came with it.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
If I had to guess, much of it is the Packages tab (last tab in the content management screen on the left) because it's hitting the RL website and downloading package data as related to what you own and do not have installed, what you have installed, what you've not purchased but they're featuring and advertising.

I've also noticed this incredibly long lag if you have lots of content, at least the first time it loads after installing a whole crapton of content.
kenshinw95
kenshinw95
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hmm.. After your reply, I found out that some stuff that was installed in ver.5, but is "not installed" in ver. 6.
I wonder if installing them will cut down on the lag, or is it just something I have to get used to?

Reading This Topic