Posted By siesar.music 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General.png
siesar.music
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everybody,
I looking in reallusion web-site, forum and so on, informations about creating and export into iclone ihair, iacc. But i dont find any kind of informations about that.
I have Iclone 6.2 PRO
3dXchange 5.52 PRO
Charachter Creator PRO+ CC Essential Complete Bundle
Indigo Render plug-in
Blender (the last version)
How is possibile create and modify hair for iclone 6 and accessories?
Maybe i need of 3Dmax with plug in for iclone for create the accessories and hairs in right iclone format? or what?
Thanks

Edited
9 Years Ago by siesar.music
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Exporting iHair is not a problem...in CC select the hair and then use the Export Selected Item option. This will save the hair as an iHair file. The bigger issue is what can you do with it after that. The short answer, as far as I know, is not much. The iHair is a RL format that cannot be edited by other software and RL has not yet provided us with a PIPELINE for hair. We are hoping to get this in the CC PIPELINE that is coming soon.

You can also take your CC character to 3DXchange and export the Hair mesh using Export Mesh (you need to select the hair first) but if you re-import (Replace Mesh) the hair mesh (of a CC character) the change will not appear in iClone (same as Clothing). So this allows you to export the hair and modify it for use outside of iClone but not for use inside iClone.

EDIT: Please, in the future, use a more meaningful subject which identifies what you question is about. Some users, like myself, try to help out but usually our time is limited so I generally scan subject lines and read/answer posts which revolve around some subject that I am familiar with. If your subject line does not indicate what your question is about is can get less preferential treatment because we need to open the post to see what the subject is about.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Edited
9 Years Ago by Lord Ashes
siesar.music
siesar.music
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)

Thank you Lord Ashes, now i have understand something more.

And about accessories? do you know something?
I have noticed that in the avatar the CC bundle bonus the hairs are used not as iHair, but as iAcc.
That seem e nice idea too.
But i dont find nothing informations how to transform a mesh object in hairs accessories.
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

I am not familiar with iAcc files but my comment for accessories would be...in most cases accessories don't really need to be conformed to the character so why not implement them as regular iProps? The obvious exception would hats when hair is involved. However, in most cases you can just use regular iProps with possibly soft cloth added:

Consider a tie, you can make a tie prop, add soft cloth and attach it to the character without making it an official accessory.
Consider glasses, you may need to resize the glasses if the face size is changed but that is easy to do on a prop. Besides that a proper glasses prop (such as my free Glasses Construction Set) can be adjusted using the prop as opposed to needing it to be an accessory.
Consider watches, bracelets, necklaces all of these can be implemented as regular iProps.

The opinions express above are those of the content developer and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of others.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
siesar.music
siesar.music
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hi Lord Ashes,
Thank you for your interesting considerations.
Ok i have understand that iProp in the most of the case can be used for the most kind of objects in the last Iclone 6.
But i dont understand why reallusion dont give specifications for create also the other kind of object as iHair, iAcc e more other.
Also because i have also noticed that for examples the FX at the moment are not evolved and add as most of other functions.
I think that Iclone  is near to be the best software for 3d animation and more but maybe would need some "little" add in not a lot function.
For examples the hairs, Particles, Terrain modifications and sky
Anyway Iclone is my 3d animations and modifications prefered software!

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

My understanding is that they are going to release a CC PIPELINE version which will have those possibilities.
Obviously if they made it possible to create iAccessories and iHair without the CC PIPELINE version then they would get much less CC PIPELINE sales.

It is the same thing with DAZ Studio. Most of their files are propitiatory files in binary format whose specifications are not public. I assume that this is so that other software cannot be created that would use the same files and potentially become competition but in my opinion since DAZ Studio (and iClone through the use of 3DXChange) have export to OBJ and FBX you can get the content out anyway. However, using a proprietary file format inside makes it difficult to create 3rd party plugins or companion software. For example, when I was using DAZ, I wanted to create a better key frame display because DAZ Studio (and iClone has a similar problem) shows which frames are key frames but not necessarily which attributes are key frames on that frame. If the DAZ files where not proprietary then it would have been possible to create something that displayed that but because the file format is proprietary such an option is not possible.

It is the old trade off that I mentioned in a few of my posts...You can either keep file specifications secret and then sell users content that are willing to buy it or you can open up the specification in hopes of attracting more users and more third party stuff which in turn increases the number of people who buy iClone, make iClone content and but iClone content (of which RL gets a cut). I think one of the reasons why DAZ is so successful is because of the amount of stuff that you can customize with very little work (i.e. create conforming clothing, create custom morphs, etc). It may not be totally open but at least it supports a high degree of customization. iClone actually has similar features but I kind of get the feeling that a lot of them are either intentionally hidden or not well documented. For example, iClone does support full body morphs but compared to DAZ studio morphs, a lot less iClone content makes use it them.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 19 minutes ago
siesar.music (9/13/2015)
Thank you Lord Ashes, now i have understand something more.

And about accessories? do you know something?
I have noticed that in the avatar the CC bundle bonus the hairs are used not as iHair, but as iAcc.
That seem e nice idea too.
But i dont find nothing informations how to transform a mesh object in hairs accessories.

Hi..

Almost any prop can be used as an accessory (.iAcc). You just need to attach it to your character and then save it as an accessory.

For example you could export a Daz Studio hairstyle in OBJ format. Then use 3DXchange 6 to export to iClone where it can be attached to the character and saved as an Accessory just like the hair included in the Hottest Hairstyles pack or the original G6 Hair. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Peter for that information but what is the difference between an item that is implemented as an prop (iProp) or converted to an accessory (iAcc). Obviously the file format but are there pros and cons of making a prop an accessory?

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Lord Ashes (9/22/2015)
Thanks Peter for that information but what is the difference between an item that is implemented as an prop (iProp) or converted to an accessory (iAcc). Obviously the file format but are there pros and cons of making a prop an accessory?

What Peter seems to be saying: when prop becomes accessory
it will auto-snap to the right bone hierarchy.
Keword: pivot point.
Acc will snap right in place.
No need to pick up wigs on the floor and move it every time.
Hope that's clear.
Cheers

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Lord Ashes (9/22/2015)

An accessory is a sub-prop of an avatar, and is saved as Peter mentioned. When you load it from the content manager with an avatar selected, it'll add to your scene as a sub prop of that avatar, with the same position/orientation (relative to the selected avatar) that it was saved in.

If it's a prop with animations available by right-click, they become available from the avatar's r-click menu as well.
Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa

Reading This Topic