Profile Picture

Can we pull Daz Genesis into content creator?

Posted By Sepiasiren2021 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Sepiasiren2021
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
If not, will you guys be creating a plug in where this would be possible in the future?

http://www.luvmultimedia.com
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You cannot do that. Fortunately, there would really be very little reason to. 

Dazzies will continue to work as before, with some further improvements in import in 3DX 6.2.
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That would be kinda cool, but agree with rampa. CC is surprisingly capable and it would have taken forever and a day to make it compatible with Daz and then their would be a lot of licensing issues.

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

LuvLee (9/4/2015)
If not, will you guys be creating a plug in where this would be possible in the future?

With no disrespect to RL, why would you want to?

1. DAZ Studio provides an unlimited body morph potential because users can create (very easily) custom morphs. There is also a tonne of free morphs available on sites like cgShare. As far as I can see, CC is moving in that direction but as far as I can tell CC, at this time, does not allow users to create custom morphs (if I am wrong about this, someone please correct me).
2. Similarly DAZ Studio provides a tonne of clothing for its DAZ figures and more are available free on sites like cgShare.

The only benefit that I am seeing of CC over DAZ Studio is the various feature like aging, weathering and so on. But you can probably get around that by grabbing a shirt, applying the settings you want, exporting as Avatar and then extracting the resulting texture file and applying them to your DAZ clothing.

Please don't get me wrong, I think CC made big strides for RL but, in my opinion, I don't see much of a reason to want to port DAZ Studio figures into CC.

BTW, you can't even port iClone Avatars into CC. CC only supports CC avatars. If you push a CC character into iClone you get an option in iClone to export to CC but if you use 3DXChange to modify that character, 3DXchange exports it as a iClone Avatar (not CC Avatar) and thus the export to CC option disappears and, if you try to load the modified avatar in CC manually it throws an error.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

The only thing I would like to see is the addition of the photo fit head feature.
It is the reason I use iClone avatars and would at that extra level of customisation even if just the mesh not the textures if not substance doable, one could always have it as a layer over the substance texture too you could blend according to taste.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
LuvLee (9/4/2015)

The Character Creator Pipeline version coming later will add additional tools for 3rd party content although not exactly in the way you mean. We will be announcing further details about the Pipeline version in due course.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

sw00000p (9/4/2015)
VirtualMedia (9/4/2015)
...and it would have taken forever and a day to make it compatible with Daz...

This part Most iCloners (won't mention namesBlush) ...clearly don't thoroughly understand.
Daz UV's are nightmare to match up to any softwares character template.

actually the faces are doable if you have the secondlife plugin for texture converter
iClone faces can use SL UV,s and I have converted M4 and V4  textures to that to use on them, they can also use some Poser figure's UV maps
http://orig06.deviantart.net/ef29/f/2015/248/6/e/untitled_by_wendyluvscatz-d98j97t.jpg

Sepiasiren2021
Sepiasiren2021
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

I would largely want to do it for the clothing--the CC clothes are  lower rez and  come physics I enabled...

Sepiasiren2021
Sepiasiren2021
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I actually just want to use the clothing--it would make  life a bit easier to clothe the figures in cc and pull it into iClone already physics enabled...

Sepiasiren2021
Sepiasiren2021
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That seems cool--mostly just wanting see if we can put the hair and clothes on the DAZ figures

Reading This Topic