OFFICIAL iClone 6.2 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Curious your having so many issues. It does seem to be just you, which would indicate something in your system causing some incompatibility.

I might have some ideas for getting your soft cloth working better. Seeing that when you added props to use as collision objects, I'm guessing the settings for them are different than the default ones for the character. Check and see if the default ones have the same settings. And for the actual cloth behavior, it's important to have the transitions from bone influence to physics be as brief as possible. If you long smooth gray ramps, it'll pass through like crazy. Make your gray ramp transition as short as you can, it makes a huge difference.

It also helps to set your physics scale lower in the project settings. I find a setting of "2" works pretty nicely for clothing.
Agonos
Agonos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
[/quote]

Hi..

You can use cloud services like Dropbox or OneDrive and then supply us with the link.

Alternatively contact us via Support and we'll give you our FTP address where you can upload your project. Smile
[/quote]
Hi.
This is exactly what I did on the day of your reply.

madicloner
madicloner
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)Veteran Member (681 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago

@rampa
I partly cannot find, what you are speaking from:
1. "transitions from bone influence to physics be as brief as possible. If you long smooth gray ramps": ?????
"physics scale": ???? Where ???

2. Props: They work as similar as possible. 1:1 same is not possible.

3. I changed everything to standard iclone adjustments. Icluding the "painting" of the weight map and the coll-shapes. Now it works better - but the error that you see on the pic with the leg persits. I can do, what I want. The dress pokes through while moving in this way. Except I use an additional prop. Then it runs. You can see on the pic, that there are really enough coll-shapes. But they are ignored!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpa3jLZeAns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSaObcSWp8s

4. Yes, I´m unlucky. I find every important error, because I only need more demanding operations in ic. And I´m NOT alone! All other mentioned errors are now fixed. The "false fassade" in the CC is very, very new.

Edited
9 Years Ago by madicloner
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Some problems I had were most likely due to my old Windows 7 with many corrupt drivers, messed up codecs, etc. it needs a fresh install.
When I upgraded to 10 most problems are gone except for the following bugs:

Confirmed bugs recap on my part:
1) Lip sync no longer comes even close to getting visemes correctly.
2) iClone's UI doesn't display correctly with a Windows10 theme that has color title bar other than white.
3) Gimbal not displaying proper rotation angles and snapping to a wrong angle on mouse up.
4) Arms and legs twist snap back occurring at incorrect angle when using a mocap.

I really hope these bugs are fixed soon.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
Edited
9 Years Ago by Dragonskunk
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Ahhh now I know why my MOTIONs for the KungFU do not show up in the KFU directory or work. I just reinstalled them from my inventory and I got this message.......
Notice
=====
If you want to backup your *.VNS files, you might find it in the following path:
C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 3\Template\iClone Template\Motion\Kung-Fu Motions for Martial Art

Someone sleeping at the wheel? LOL

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

giannigodi
giannigodi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
iclone6 ver. 2.2
Gentlemen I have a problem:
In my project I have a relatively old movie file used to map a flat prop, plus one avatar.
VIDEO CODE: mpeg
Frame rate : 25/sec
Size: DVD format: 720x576 - european Std
Movie length: abt 7 minutes
In the RENDER windows I select the same frame size (720x 576)
In the FORMAT choice I tried to use, once at time, all the availabe 3 formats: AVI, MP4, WMV, 
obtaining the same result.   
 Apparently, in the RENDER windows I CAN NOT change the FRAME RATE , that is fixed at 30 FR/sec.
So it means that- in any case - the RENDERED movie will play at 30 FR/sec. This fact would not be 
a problem.
BUT...looking at the result you will notice a very bad fluidity of the original movie while the 
It seems that the transcode process from 25 to 30 FR/sec is causing the problem or what else?
Thank you for any help.
Gianni    
Edited
9 Years Ago by giannigodi
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@Gianni Hello Gianni, render it "uncompressed AVI" format. Here you can choose to have 25 frames as a rate.
In mpg4 and WMA the rate to 30 frames is fixed and can maybe be adjusted. "AVI uncompressed" would have to go in any case.
With friendly greetings from Germany
postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
... Smile

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bigboss
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
This may have been mentioned before and it may just be an issue with my system...but seems my Spotlight "Shadow Bias" adjustment does not respond to any adjustments I make...
By the way this is the latest version of iC6 and my video drivers are up to date.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

CaseClosed
CaseClosed
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Saving content to custom props crashes iClone Sad
The props came from 3dWarehouse, through 3Dx pipeline. 
I do final texturing in iClone.

Any props that have already been processed into iClone BEFORE the latest version 6.2 can be saved to Content and retrieved with no problem.
MOST (75%) new props processed with version 6.2 of 3Dx and iClone, if saved to custom Content OR exported back to 3Dx will CRASH iClone and not make it to either content or 3Dx.
This is creating a major issue with the production pipeline because in order to use a prop in a scene, all the processing and adjustment of that prop must be done in that particular huge project. And if the same prop is needed in a different scene, then it must be recreated inside that particular project all over again, because we cannot get the prop into the scene -- we can't send it back to 3Dx nor save it into custom content. 
Sad

Reading This Topic