OFFICIAL iClone 6.2 Issues Thread

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic251264.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago
Hi Everyone,

iClone 6.2 has been released today and with it comes a large number of outstanding fixes and enhancements.

However if you do still find any bugs, issues, glitches or other general annoyances, please can you post them here.

As always, do feel free to post general feedback in your own threads, but it will help us greatly if we can keep all outstanding issues in one place. This will help the development team track and finally eradicate any nagging problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when posting. If the issue was one previously posted in one of the older issues threads, you can just provide a link back to the issue rather than write it all out again.

Note: For Character Creator issues or bugs, please use the thread HERE.

Many Thanks. Smile
By primaveranz - 9 Years Ago
Hurray! Thanks Peter Wink
By CaseClosed - 9 Years Ago
Do I have to UNINSTALL iClone 6.1 first, in order to install the patch for 6.2 ?

When I go to UNINSTALL, it says
"Do you want to COMPLETELY REMOVE iClone 6.1 and all of its components?"

Will I lose all my important files and content?  I'm assuming not, but I don't want to chance it, so I need some reassurance.  I figured the patch would just add a patch somewhere that updated the software, but it seems to be a completely new program.

Thanks for any response Smile
By Dragonskunk - 9 Years Ago
The good: I notice different behavior when you pause a video that I really like, it no longer repositions the timeline to center the frame indicator when you pause.

The bad:
Still can't render anything with AVI any size any format as it crashes upon starting to render.

Seem to have a lot of UI lag.
Did a reboot solved the problem.

By justaviking - 9 Years Ago
CaseClosed (9/4/2015)
Do I have to UNINSTALL iClone 6.1 first, in order to install the patch for 6.2 ?

You should not need to do that.

In the past I've simply applied the 6.1 (or similar) patch on top of my existing installation.
(I've not had time to do 6.2 yet.)

iClone's UI is still not displaying properly in Windows 10.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
The problem of the options in "Glare" is still not resolved. We will soon be its first year anniversary. Wink lol.  Is it a difficult problem to solve?
By Bigboss - 9 Years Ago
2 MAJOR PROBLEMS FOR ME :

1) Replacing Mesh in 3DXchange 6.2 only woirk with ''Keep Original UV''  option, unchecking that option garbles up the Topology on import.
2) The Avatar Toolkit Builder does not recognize characters created by the Avatar creator, i.e. I cannot assign Custom facial profiles to Natalie & Christian bummer !!!

When can these be fixed?

Thanks.  
[UPDATE] My iClone is bipolar same exact scene render, once lethargic slow the next day same scene fast and efficient.

Rendering performance is paltry.
It doesn't seem to want to utilize my i7 CPU or my GTX780ti and rendering is as follows:
render 4 frames, pause 2 seconds, render 4 frames, pause 2 seconds, etc.
And yes my GPU is set to 3D performance.

This is my PC using iClone rendering an MP4:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8d416816-e375-4d8d-9fbf-de6f.jpg
By Gianni De Matteo - 9 Years Ago
Is anyone else encountering this problem? When I load a cc character, either Christian or Natalie, and try to click on Edit in Character Creator, I get the following error message:

"Failed to launch Character Creator exe"

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd4c1f64-c619-4ce4-99ff-c3fe.jpg

By mark - 9 Years Ago
As I was informed earlier ...CC is a separate download. You need to login to your account at  the Reallusion web site and look under  "Registration, Patch and Bonus"
it's there as a bonus content I think
By madicloner - 9 Years Ago

Are you serious ? Did you test this before releasing ?

As ever you went only the half way and then release such "updates" for the next patchofpatchfixpatchpatch. Additional no development is noticeable regarding: Graphics, performance (3 Dazzies + atmosphere + terrain and my pc was totally unuseable, without hitting the play-button, which didn´t happen with about 14 Dazzies inside a v5-project) and soft cloth (has the same partly strange problems regarding "poking through avatar" or "not recognizing the avatar physics-proxies").
Btw.: Just in case someone doesn´t know, what is wrong: The might CC doesn´t fit the physics-proxies of the avatar to the avatar morphs.

By lpatter - 9 Years Ago
THUMBS UP!!! I only Have ten of them so I will add my toes. So THUMBS AND TOES UP!
I like it! My middle finger is NOT sticking out by itself.
I am surprised that I do not see any more complains by now. So I see the ship has some stability.
If I had more appendages they would be sticking up but that could be now in the realm of indecent.
But my Hair in Unruly. So I may look like my fingers  and hair got stuck in the light socket.
I won't complain about the neat things I wanted. I played with it, listened to Kai (what kind of name IS that for a grown man) and now I am going to see what I can make.
Although the clothes are tight and modern I will try to make people from the old era - 20 A.D, because this pack provided me with something that I have been unable to make well or buy.
I would bake you cookies but I may have been banned from kitchens.

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
This is related to iClone 6.2 and 3dXchange 6.2

BIG Question:  Who came up with this?

By TimV - 9 Years Ago
Hi

Just upgraded to 6.2.  Did Physics change?  I brought in my model from 3DXchange and I want to use physics constraints.  The only object in my tree that shows a physics icon in the modify panel is the object at the root of the tree that I imported.  If I try to activate physics, it fails stating that there is no mesh.  The root object from 3DXChange does indeed not have a mesh and one cannot make a sub prop from this item to create a mesh.  None of the other objects in the Scene Tree light up the physics icon in the modify panel.  I can't add any constraints to them.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Tim

Homebuilt Intel Quad in Asus mb, 16gb ram, 2 tb of hard drive. Radeon x290 3Gb video
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
I do not know why but when playing my movie at a time I see through my throat avatar created with CC. By cons if I look at the back of my avatar, the hole does not appear
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6ad2beef-d3e2-46a1-81d2-3dff.jpg
By Alien Maniac - 9 Years Ago
CC is really nice but on Wind 10 it constantly crashes even in Run as admin. It mostly crashes on startup but in work mode too. When I installed it, all was awesome and then I added the extras and then things went bad.

Geez Win 10 is the pit of Hell. It has locked up my keyboard on my other MSI laptop and I can not even use it with the onscreen keyboard. They say for me to BUY Win 7 Pro and use that, HU?.  It crashed my Hp laptop too and well, MS can Kiss my Axx. The MS Win techs say the problems solutions are unknown and I MUST wait for the late October Win 10 update and that "MAY" fix it. So SAD as I did a fresh install and now have no Win 7 to go back to.  I bought my coms used so I have no Win 7 disks. Restore/recovery does not work.

I am stuck in MS Limbo. I did learn after 3 weeks not to use the Win 10 >Contact Support link, they are all total idiots, they do a remote and put my com in safe mode w/no net and then I am stuck and lose the tech (NO CALL BACK) but manage to get it out finally to normal again . How stupid is that?,,,, SO  Call MS Techs instead for a real Win 10 tech..1-800-936-5700 >tech support Windows >other ,,,and you get real help if possible.

Personally, I would not tell anyone to Upgrade or install WIn 10. It is a nightmare from Hell with no hope of getting out. If you have serious problems, it is all your fault and they do nothing to rectify it but cut you offline, even  when you are being courteous. OH, you have 30 days from install of win 10 to go back to your previous ver ONLY if you did the upgrade, not a fresh clean install. If you did that, You only have win 10 forever or "YOU BUY" the old version you had and install that unless you have that version install disks. Yes true.

Sometimes in Life we just Lose some battles. BUT Not the War. Um I could be wrong on that last one. LOL What a mess!

By urbanlamb - 9 Years Ago
hello i am sad to say the avatar toolkit controller is still not working correctly

1) sometimes the face expressions mysteriously delete themselves
2) anytime I try to record eye movement alone (the eyeball moveing only and pupil dilating etc)  .. it does not work  at all or it erases the expressions which should not happen and still there is no actual movement in the final render 

the puppet controller for avatar toolkit is not really usable right now.. however i am persisting in finishing my characters in hopes that it will be fixed by the time I am ready to seriously use it Smile

Agonos (9/8/2015)
I do not know why but when playing my movie at a time I see through my throat avatar created with CC. By cons if I look at the back of my avatar, the hole does not appear

Have you tired to check the "2 - sided" on some of the materials that appear transparent?
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
I just checked "2 sided" for the haircut. But even deactivated, the hole is still present. Here are join a link to download the avatard created with "Charater Creator". You can see for yourself even if you want and can : http://paf.im/Biw6q
By vidi - 9 Years Ago
If  I use this content  and  wants delete the sky in the scene manager, iClone crashing
http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=AIC430DIENU050120100820001
One issue I've been having with 6.2 (in both iClone and 3DX) is crashes when saving (exporting) iProps converted from SketchUp files.

1. 3DX export to iProp = sometimes crashes when I hit EXPORT, crashes before export dialogue box opens.
2. iProp from 3DX is imported into iClone, and half the times when I save it to CUSTOM prop under CONTENT, iClone crashes.
3. Hit the EDIT IN 3DX button in iClone, iClone crashes.

I give up on putting the iProp in my Custom Library, but I still use it in the scene (maybe to my detriment?)

[UPDATE] Issue 2 is only with Windows7 Windows 10 renders properly, but Both version do not display the EDIT IN 3DX button.

2 more problems:
1) The big edit in 3DX button is missing from the modify panel, it doesn't show up when avatars or props are selected and yet 'Apply to iClone' button does work in 3DX.
2) Movie clip as diffuse texture plays perfectly in the realtime preview but only outputs at 3 fps when rendering. I confirmed it with trying to render as an image sequence, 30 frames get rendered and the texture doesn't change for 10 frames.

The rain animation is a video texture placed on the glass but only renders properly on the preview work area. This is from a screen capture. A render just gets a refreshed frame of the rain texture at only every 3 times a second.

It would appear that lip syncing has become completely useless now. With this same audio clip with v6.02 I had to correct 20% of the speech which is typical has gone now to needing 100% correction.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1d74bf24-3f0e-4885-882c-5e4e.png
Dragonskunk (9/4/2015)

The bad:
Still can't render anything with AVI any size any format as it crashes upon starting to render.

This is likely a system issue and nothing to do with iClone 6.2. If it was a bug it would affect everyone which it isn't.

You may have installed some software that messed with your video codecs. You could consider installing a codec pack like K-Lite as this may resolve the problem. Alternatively try installing an AVI codec like the latest DivX and then see if you can export using DivX as your chosen export codec.

Dragonskunk (9/4/2015)

Can you show an example of the issue. I'm using Windows 10 and don't have any problems with iClone Pro 6.2. Thanks.
Dragonskunk (9/5/2015)
[UPDATE] My iClone is bipolar same exact scene render, once lethargic slow the next day same scene fast and efficient.

It doesn't seem to want to utilize my i7 CPU or my GTX780ti and rendering is as follows:

Again this seems a system issue.

Check what is running in the background when you are using  iClone 6. It looks like something that is running may be hogging your system resources.
Guido Torius (9/6/2015)
Is anyone else encountering this problem? When I load a cc character, either Christian or Natalie, and try to click on Edit in Character Creator, I get the following error message:

You probably have this sorted by now but just in case it's because you haven't installed Character Creator yet. Character Creator is a standalone app that needs to be installed separately from iClone 6.2. You can download it from your Member Account under Patch/Bonus. Once installed it should open fine when choosing "Edit in Character Creator".
Peter (RL) (9/12/2015)
Dragonskunk (9/4/2015)

Can you show an example of the issue. I'm using Windows 10 and don't have any problems with iClone Pro 6.2. Thanks.

It's a clean install of windows 10, with no installed software other than iClone 6.2. Yet sliders, all of them display and behave as described in this thread:
https://forum.reallusion.com/245613/Windows-10-issues

Peter (RL) (9/12/2015)
Dragonskunk (9/5/2015)

Again this seems a system issue.

Check what is running in the background when you are using  iClone 6. It looks like something that is running may be hogging your system resources.

It's the opposite, when rendering with iClone my computer shows running near idle, nothing is taxing the GPU or the CPU. Until I close iClone then reload it and immediately then load the iProject then render immediately then it taxes the system and renders in its typical performance, as it should. If iClone has been running for too long or minimize for a while to do other tasks then when you return to use it is when gets poor rendering performance.
madicloner (9/6/2015)

As ever you went only the half way and then release such "updates" for the next patchofpatchfixpatchpatch. Additional no development is noticeable regarding: Graphics, performance (3 Dazzies + atmosphere + terrain and my pc was totally unuseable, without hitting the play-button, which didn´t happen with about 14 Dazzies inside a v5-project) and soft cloth (has the same partly strange problems regarding "poking through avatar" or "not recognizing the avatar physics-proxies").
Btw.: Just in case someone doesn´t know, what is wrong: The might CC doesn´t fit the physics-proxies of the avatar to the avatar morphs.

When working with more extreme size changes you may need to manually edit the Collision Shapes in iClone 6 to correct problems like this.

Normally Conform > Calculate Collision in CC will do a good job but there are times when a bit of manual tweaking will be required.

It doesn't take long to make a few adjustments. After all it can't always be done automatically for you. Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty. Wink
By planetstardragon - 9 Years Ago
plus she's fat. Blink
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
I have one of my two new projects refusing to load after a crash. If I try to load it directly, he crashes "Iclone6" every time. By cons, if I load first another project that works then after the one who crashed, it load without problems
This is what the file looks like "restore"https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/51255f3c-141d-4824-a168-d19f.jpg
"IC6" said he was able to recover the project that has crashed but in fact it's an empty scene he restores me.
Dragonskunk (9/12/2015)
Peter (RL) (9/12/2015)
Dragonskunk (9/4/2015)

It's a clean install of windows 10, with no installed software other than iClone 6.2. Yet sliders, all of them display and behave as described in this thread:

One more mystery solved.

I've been trying many things to fix the iClone UI display problems and it seems that I found it.  There are ways to cutsomize a winodws theme that will cause iClone's UI to not display properly.
With Windows 10 I didn't want a blinding white title bar while working on iClone but as soon as you change it to a color bar the sliders buttons diapappear.
In order to work with iClone with a dark title bar I have to choose Windows default theme (white bar) open iClone, then change the  Windows theme to a dark bar.
If I choose a dark bar then open iClone messes up its UI. Or use high contrast but that make everything look so ulgy.   
By Bellatrix - 9 Years Ago
Not sure if it's been reported. But just noticed:
Hotkey Glitch
When in Material edit mode, B(eyedropper), or Bucket fill, it's very hard to hotkey exit the mode.
Pressing X, C, W etc when in Eyedropper will show cursor icon change, but when click in background, cursor stayed stubbornly as Eyedropper/Bucket.
Corresponding Tranform/ Navigation buttons on tool bar are also greyed out during this hotkey glitch.
When in Eyedropper, if I persist in repeat hitting of background while holding down X/ C/ W, eventually it'll work again.
But in Bucket fill cursor mode, it's impossible. Need to exit Material edit completely, click on another pane (Modify or something), then randomly click background many times to get back normal hotkey behavior.
Very annoying time waster bug.
I've only used iClone 6's earliest version and latest version. I believe this glitch existed since the beginning of 6.0.

@peter RL

Do you check what you suggest, before you suggest it? I have found, what you told me - but nothing happened. No change at all. The "proxies" are not touched at all. I am wondering, what this function is good for. The half way. No more. Like the whole CC. Only the half way and then you release a thing, that cries for a fix. That´s it. And I make my hands dirty. All the time I work in v6, because I work only with soft cloth. But after a lot of hours working, the collision shapes still don´t work - and you don´t know, why. It´s nothing special. Only a Dazzie with a long dress. And a simple walking cycle. The legs go through the dress - no matter what I do and how dirty and long I have worked. Then I tried the same with attached props with physics with the same physical adjustment like the proxies of the collison shape. And it worked! That means, that anything is wrong with the collision shape. The half way. Like nearly all.

Additional I have done nothig special, in the CC. It is your fat template for women. Is it too much, that you make collision shapes for your own templates ? Anyway is the CC broken because of this issue. Without working collision is the morphed fem avatar unuseable! The shapes are not touched at all! And it is real tough work, to fit them to any avatar. You killed the pipeline to Daz and their morphs and force us, to buy your morphs of avatars. Ok. But why is the quality so bad ? Worse textures, muuuch less polys and a broken collision shape together with almost no assortment in the shop. I like the possibilities of the CC - but it is horrible, to fight against the only partly working shapes like before and getting only worse results. Why don´t you give us at least 300k poly shapes and 4k textures ? And please an assortment in the shop for scifi, modern and fantasy!

@agonos

Try any template-project of iClone and then load your restore-project. It may work. Me f.e. can load all my soft cloth projects only, if I have loaded before the softcloth dancing project of RL. Else v6 crashes.

madicloner (9/14/2015)

@peter RL

Do you check what you suggest, before you suggest it? I have found, what you told me - but nothing happened.

Of course, that is why I know it does work. I know you like to hate on iClone but please try to invest more time in learning the software and you may be pleasantly surprised at what it can do. In particular check out the Collision Shapes section of the Online Manual. If you follow the instructions given carefully, you can easily overcome the problem.

Do you check what you link, before you link it ? Thought, you show me a tut, how I get the shapes to auto-work (calculate collision) in CC. At moment nothing is done by this feature. Looks like an unfinished false front. That link I have NEVER needed. You linked the manually monkey around with the shapes. That is no problem. I am forced to work with them since v6.0. Sometimes they work well, sometimes not. As mentioned: Props work physically better than the shapes - and you got no clue, why. You can try, which adjustment you want - they just don´t work. The additional props work like a charme. Only conclusion: Anything is wrong with the shapes and RL should get out, what.

Hating? Me? NEVER! I love iClone. I just would like RL to go the complete way - not only half. That would make our animation-life much better and we could work faster. What the strange working shapes  have to do with hate? Nothing. It´s only a not repaired bug since v6.0. Nothing more. You morph avatars without have added a script, that morphes the collision-shapes, too. Lot of female avatars are not useable - except you work on your own. If I want to work on my own, I get the 300k Dazzie and best possible results (which would be ok - non-ic super quality = working on youself) - not 30k low-quality full-ic only. Is that anyhow "linked" to hate? No! It is just the newest bug in the new CC. Nothing more. I like the CC. Really. The 100.000 morphs of Daz nerved. CC brought morphable avatars with only most important morphs. Great! But without scripted shapes and best poly quality togehter with best texture quality that is only half finished. Why, by the way? I can choose between lowquality crap 1k and better lowquality 2k. Why not 4k and 5k ? If I WANT - let me! And why you don´t let me choose between high quality 300k poly and low-quality 30k polys? If I want, let me! You see, there is no hate at all - only errors, bugs and not implemented, useful features of iClone and additions.

Dragonskunk (9/11/2015)
[UPDATE] Issue 2 is only with Windows7 Windows 10 renders properly, but Both version do not display the EDIT IN 3DX button.

2 more problems:
1) The big edit in 3DX button is missing from the modify panel, it doesn't show up when avatars or props are selected and yet 'Apply to iClone' button does work in 3DX.
2) Movie clip as diffuse texture plays perfectly in the realtime preview but only outputs at 3 fps when rendering. I confirmed it with trying to render as an image sequence, 30 frames get rendered and the texture doesn't change for 10 frames.

The rain animation is a video texture placed on the glass but only renders properly on the preview work area. This is from a screen capture. A render just gets a refreshed frame of the rain texture at only every 3 times a second.

We can't reproduce this problem. The "Edit in 3DXchange" button is present in iClone 6.2. If you only patched to version 6.2, then I would advise uninstalling iClone 6 and 3DXchange 6 and perform a clean install of the full 6.2 versions. This should resolve the problem.
Dragonskunk (9/12/2015)
Peter (RL) (9/12/2015)
Dragonskunk (9/4/2015)

Well again we can't reproduce the issue and we are not getting any reports of the same problems from other users. This sadly indicates the problems are system specific rather than a general issue with iClone. Have you ensured that you have the latest graphics drivers installed for Windows 10?
Agonos (9/12/2015)
I have one of my two new projects refusing to load after a crash. If I try to load it directly, he crashes "Iclone6" every time. By cons, if I load first another project that works then after the one who crashed, it load without problems
This is what the file looks like "restore"https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/51255f3c-141d-4824-a168-d19f.jpg
"IC6" said he was able to recover the project that has crashed but in fact it's an empty scene he restores me.

Please can you send a download link for the project to Support so we can test the project to see what the problem is.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks.
madicloner (9/14/2015)

@peter RL

Do you check what you suggest, before you suggest it? I have found, what you told me - but nothing happened. No change at all. The "proxies" are not touched at all. I am wondering, what this function is good for. The half way. No more. Like the whole CC. Only the half way and then you release a thing, that cries for a fix. That´s it. And I make my hands dirty. All the time I work in v6, because I work only with soft cloth. But after a lot of hours working, the collision shapes still don´t work - and you don´t know, why. It´s nothing special. Only a Dazzie with a long dress. And a simple walking cycle. The legs go through the dress - no matter what I do and how dirty and long I have worked. Then I tried the same with attached props with physics with the same physical adjustment like the proxies of the collison shape. And it worked! That means, that anything is wrong with the collision shape. The half way. Like nearly all.

To be honest I'm not sure if you are just trolling here but I'll give you the benefit of doubt for now.

To clarify Collision Shapes work fine. I use this feature often without any problems.. If you can't get it to function then it is almost certainly due to your lack of understanding of how it works. So please review the link I gave previously and go through it several times and practise. Of course we can improve the CC and try to make it so you don't have to tweak anything manually, but it will certainly be beneficial for you to know how this feature works should you wish to use it with any other non CC avatars in the future.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (2015-09-15)
Agonos (9/12/2015)
This is what the file looks like "restore" :

Please can you send a download link for the project to Support so we can test the project to see what the problem is.

Thanks.

I tried. But I am limited by the size of the file. My project doing 120 mo

Agonos (9/5/2015)
The problem of the options in "Glare" is still not resolved. We will soon be its first year anniversary. Wink lol.  Is it a difficult problem to solve?

We are hopeful this will finally be fixed in the iClone 6.3 update coming in the 4th quarter. Whistling
Cricky (9/8/2015)

Hi Cricky,

We plan to fix this issue in the 6.3 update. This is currently scheduled for the 4th quarter.
vidi (9/10/2015)
If  I use this content  and  wants delete the sky in the scene manager, iClone crashing
http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=AIC430DIENU050120100820001

Hi Vidi,

This issue should be fixed in the iClone 6.21 update due late September, early October. Smile
By Bigboss - 9 Years Ago
I posted 2 issues in this thread and never got any answers? Sad
Bigboss (9/16/2015)
I posted 2 issues in this thread and never got any answers? Sad

Hi BB,

I have already replied to you about the  Avatar Toolkit issue in the Character Creator thread below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/250998/Technical-Issues?PageIndex=6

For the other issue I'm still awaiting some feedback from the Dev team. I will update again as soon as I know more.
Agonos (9/15/2015)
Peter (RL) (2015-09-15)
Agonos (9/12/2015)
This is what the file looks like "restore" :

Thanks.

I tried. But I am limited by the size of the file. My project doing 120 mo

Hi..

You can use cloud services like Dropbox or OneDrive and then supply us with the link.

Alternatively contact us via Support and we'll give you our FTP address where you can upload your project. Smile

@peter RL

Very first: I could be insulted as troll, if I make posts with 1-liner and lot of smilies. I don´t think, I have written such posts.
Then: I´m no hater, not frustrated and nothing of this kind. I´m just unlucky, that everything I touch shows problems and bugs. F.e. I use particles in v6 the first time - and -bang- they suddenly don´t work and need fast a fix. I use the new collision mesh-transfer utility and -bang- it needs fast a fix, because it suddenly stopped working. And now: I use CC - and -bang- I discover a "false fassad", a very important feature, that should fit the collision-proxies to the morphed avatar. And that needs fast a fix. And here my problem in videos and pics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3RhCIxJCKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek93Vt-sCsQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln4x6kNhVuw

You see, that physical proxies/props can do things, that the transferable collisions-mesh cannot do. Btw.: I made the 3 videos with the same project and only one had music in the mp4. Why? Has anyone else recognized this issue ? Furthermore I have an additional problem: The dress likes to go through the foot, no matter of the size of the coll-meshes especially in walking cycles - and in the examples, too. And another issue, that I recognize since 6.0: My softcloth-projects crash, if I don´t load f.e. "iclone dance" project before.
Well, any clue what could run wrong ?

By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
Curious your having so many issues. It does seem to be just you, which would indicate something in your system causing some incompatibility.

I might have some ideas for getting your soft cloth working better. Seeing that when you added props to use as collision objects, I'm guessing the settings for them are different than the default ones for the character. Check and see if the default ones have the same settings. And for the actual cloth behavior, it's important to have the transitions from bone influence to physics be as brief as possible. If you long smooth gray ramps, it'll pass through like crazy. Make your gray ramp transition as short as you can, it makes a huge difference.

It also helps to set your physics scale lower in the project settings. I find a setting of "2" works pretty nicely for clothing.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
[/quote]

Hi..

You can use cloud services like Dropbox or OneDrive and then supply us with the link.

Alternatively contact us via Support and we'll give you our FTP address where you can upload your project. Smile
[/quote]
Hi.
This is exactly what I did on the day of your reply.

@rampa
I partly cannot find, what you are speaking from:
1. "transitions from bone influence to physics be as brief as possible. If you long smooth gray ramps": ?????
"physics scale": ???? Where ???

2. Props: They work as similar as possible. 1:1 same is not possible.

3. I changed everything to standard iclone adjustments. Icluding the "painting" of the weight map and the coll-shapes. Now it works better - but the error that you see on the pic with the leg persits. I can do, what I want. The dress pokes through while moving in this way. Except I use an additional prop. Then it runs. You can see on the pic, that there are really enough coll-shapes. But they are ignored!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpa3jLZeAns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSaObcSWp8s

4. Yes, I´m unlucky. I find every important error, because I only need more demanding operations in ic. And I´m NOT alone! All other mentioned errors are now fixed. The "false fassade" in the CC is very, very new.

Some problems I had were most likely due to my old Windows 7 with many corrupt drivers, messed up codecs, etc. it needs a fresh install.
When I upgraded to 10 most problems are gone except for the following bugs:

Confirmed bugs recap on my part:
1) Lip sync no longer comes even close to getting visemes correctly.
2) iClone's UI doesn't display correctly with a Windows10 theme that has color title bar other than white.
3) Gimbal not displaying proper rotation angles and snapping to a wrong angle on mouse up.
4) Arms and legs twist snap back occurring at incorrect angle when using a mocap.

I really hope these bugs are fixed soon.
Ahhh now I know why my MOTIONs for the KungFU do not show up in the KFU directory or work. I just reinstalled them from my inventory and I got this message.......
Notice
=====
If you want to backup your *.VNS files, you might find it in the following path:
C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 3\Template\iClone Template\Motion\Kung-Fu Motions for Martial Art

Someone sleeping at the wheel? LOL
By giannigodi - 9 Years Ago
iclone6 ver. 2.2
Gentlemen I have a problem:
In my project I have a relatively old movie file used to map a flat prop, plus one avatar.
VIDEO CODE: mpeg
Frame rate : 25/sec
Size: DVD format: 720x576 - european Std
Movie length: abt 7 minutes
In the RENDER windows I select the same frame size (720x 576)
In the FORMAT choice I tried to use, once at time, all the availabe 3 formats: AVI, MP4, WMV, 
obtaining the same result.   
 Apparently, in the RENDER windows I CAN NOT change the FRAME RATE , that is fixed at 30 FR/sec.
So it means that- in any case - the RENDERED movie will play at 30 FR/sec. This fact would not be 
a problem.
BUT...looking at the result you will notice a very bad fluidity of the original movie while the 
It seems that the transcode process from 25 to 30 FR/sec is causing the problem or what else?
Thank you for any help.
Gianni    
By Postfrosch - 9 Years Ago
@Gianni Hello Gianni, render it "uncompressed AVI" format. Here you can choose to have 25 frames as a rate.
In mpg4 and WMA the rate to 30 frames is fixed and can maybe be adjusted. "AVI uncompressed" would have to go in any case.
With friendly greetings from Germany
postfrosch
By Bigboss - 9 Years Ago
... Smile
By mark - 9 Years Ago
This may have been mentioned before and it may just be an issue with my system...but seems my Spotlight "Shadow Bias" adjustment does not respond to any adjustments I make...
By the way this is the latest version of iC6 and my video drivers are up to date.

Saving content to custom props crashes iClone Sad
The props came from 3dWarehouse, through 3Dx pipeline. 
I do final texturing in iClone.

Any props that have already been processed into iClone BEFORE the latest version 6.2 can be saved to Content and retrieved with no problem.
MOST (75%) new props processed with version 6.2 of 3Dx and iClone, if saved to custom Content OR exported back to 3Dx will CRASH iClone and not make it to either content or 3Dx.
This is creating a major issue with the production pipeline because in order to use a prop in a scene, all the processing and adjustment of that prop must be done in that particular huge project. And if the same prop is needed in a different scene, then it must be recreated inside that particular project all over again, because we cannot get the prop into the scene -- we can't send it back to 3Dx nor save it into custom content. 
Sad
mark (9/21/2015)
This may have been mentioned before and it may just be an issue with my system...but seems my Spotlight "Shadow Bias" adjustment does not respond to any adjustments I make...
By the way this is the latest version of iC6 and my video drivers are up to date.

I created a new project, turned off all lights, created a point light. 
I added a G6 Avatar.
The shadow looked great even at a bias of -10.

I created a box. 
The shadow looked great even at a bias of -10...
BUT, when I scaled the box to match how thin yours is, I got the exact same result you got. No matter what the Bias is set to, the shadow will not meet up with the thin box.

SO, it has something to do with scaling a primitive I suppose.

I also found:

POINT LIGHT -- WILL NOT cast shadows onto a PLANE  - even if that plane is made into a TERRAIN
DIRECTIONAL LIGHT --  WILL cast shadows onto a PLANE

They both cast shadows onto a TERRAIN brought in from templates.
CaseClosed (9/21/2015)
Any props that have already been processed into iClone BEFORE the latest version 6.2 can be saved to Content and retrieved with no problem.
MOST (75%) new props processed with version 6.2 of 3Dx and iClone, if saved to custom Content OR exported back to 3Dx will CRASH iClone and not make it to either content or 3Dx.

I reinstalled iClone 6.1 and 3Dxchange Pipeline 6.1, and saving iProps works with no problem.
I reinstalled iClone 6.2 but kept 3Dxchange Pipeline 6.1 and saving iProps works with no problem.

It is a 3Dxchange 6.2 issue, and this is a HUGE issue indeed. Lost lots of time, but can move forward productively again by using 3Dxchange Pipeline 6.1

By soyasu - 9 Years Ago
Cricky (9/8/2015)

Dear Cricky,

The problem you described is not a bug. Since there is no Mesh, when you choose Root, you can't set Physics.

However, Can't set Physics on Sub-Prop is a bug. The reason is that the Make Sub-Prop in 3DXChange doesn't have the Physics data correctly. Our RD have fixed this problem now. The Sub-Prop can now set Physics. Please wait for iClone v6.21 Patch's release.

Thanks!

Soya
By soyasu - 9 Years Ago
Agonos (9/9/2015)
I just checked "2 sided" for the haircut. But even deactivated, the hole is still present. Here are join a link to download the avatard created with "Charater Creator". You can see for yourself even if you want and can : http://paf.im/Biw6q

Dear Agonos,

Not "haircut".
Please check 2-sided for "Skin_Body" and Skin_Head", and the issue should be resolved. If not, please send me the project. Thank you! ^^

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/baf5764f-dbd2-4e09-9db1-1938.jpg

Soya

By soyasu - 9 Years Ago
vidi (9/10/2015)

Thank you Vidi,
The old iClone version data didn't convert correctly. Our RD has fixed this issue. Please wait for v6.21 patch's release. BigGrin

Soya
By hattori kun - 9 Years Ago
Soyasu. nice avatar. BigGrin

Any fix for the indigo duplicated mesh and textures per frame? Pretty please...BigGrin
By soyasu - 9 Years Ago
TimV (9/8/2015)
Hi

Just upgraded to 6.2.  Did Physics change?  I brought in my model from 3DXchange and I want to use physics constraints.  The only object in my tree that shows a physics icon in the modify panel is the object at the root of the tree that I imported.  If I try to activate physics, it fails stating that there is no mesh.  The root object from 3DXChange does indeed not have a mesh and one cannot make a sub prop from this item to create a mesh.  None of the other objects in the Scene Tree light up the physics icon in the modify panel.  I can't add any constraints to them.

Am I missing something?
Thanks

Tim

Homebuilt Intel Quad in Asus mb, 16gb ram, 2 tb of hard drive. Radeon x290 3Gb video

Dear Tim,

Root doesn't have mesh, so it can't activate physics.
However, the bug that sub-prop can't activate physics and add constraint has been fixed. Please wait for iClone v6.21 patch's release.
Thanks!

Soya

By mark - 9 Years Ago
Thanks CC for looking into to my "Shadow Bias" issue. And of course it's not just basic primitive shapes that are giving me problems. I just don't understand why the Bias Adjustment is not working for me in iC6 it works just fine on iC5 running on the same machine.

By soyasu - 9 Years Ago
hattori kun (9/22/2015)

Any fix for the indigo duplicated mesh and textures per frame? Pretty please...BigGrin

Dear hattori kun,

As far as I know, the Indigo enhance project is still under discussion! Thanks! ^^

Soya
By animagic - 9 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (9/16/2015)
Agonos (9/5/2015)

We are hopeful this will finally be fixed in the iClone 6.3 update coming in the 4th quarter. Whistling

OK, I'll keep my fingers crossed...Unsure
IBL bug identified since 6.0.
Hopefully can be fixed before 6.3.
IBL softness custom setting failed to be saved with custom Projects.
When custom project re-opens softness always at zero.
IBL softness setting also revert to zero for every new IBL textures loaded.

All others, HDR/AO/Shadows etc custom settings no such issue and behave as expected.
Thank you.

Oh, and Avatar Toolkit is on my potential to-buy list but only if it works with CC and GoZ!
So good to know its being improved... Smile
Cheers
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
Bellatrix (9/23/2015)

All others, HDR/AO/Shadows etc custom settings no such issue and behave as expected.
Thank you.

Oh, and Avatar Toolkit is on my potential to-buy list but only if it works with CC and GoZ!
Cheers

It bakes a new IBL image with the project, and resets the slider. It also bakes any of the IBL color adjustments. The strength, of course, cannot be baked, as it is not part of the image, but rather a program setting.
By soyasu - 9 Years Ago
Bellatrix (9/14/2015)
Not sure if it's been reported. But just noticed:
Hotkey Glitch
When in Material edit mode, B(eyedropper), or Bucket fill, it's very hard to hotkey exit the mode.
Pressing X, C, W etc when in Eyedropper will show cursor icon change, but when click in background, cursor stayed stubbornly as Eyedropper/Bucket.
Corresponding Tranform/ Navigation buttons on tool bar are also greyed out during this hotkey glitch.
When in Eyedropper, if I persist in repeat hitting of background while holding down X/ C/ W, eventually it'll work again.
But in Bucket fill cursor mode, it's impossible. Need to exit Material edit completely, click on another pane (Modify or something), then randomly click background many times to get back normal hotkey behavior.
Very annoying time waster bug.
I've only used iClone 6's earliest version and latest version. I believe this glitch existed since the beginning of 6.0.

Dear Bellatrix,

Thank you for reporting this bug. I have forwarded this issue to our RD. We will ask them to fix it ASAP.

Soya
By soyasu - 9 Years Ago
madicloner (9/6/2015)

Dear madicloner,

If you use Collision Shape to adjust the Hip and Thigh of the character, and adjust the shape up. You will not see clothes penetration.

For now, only the characters in Actor Project has the correct Collision Shape settings. The Default CC character doesn't have Collision Shape when Morph is applied. 

We will improve this part in future products. Please use the characters in CC Project for now. Thank you! ^^

Soya

By hattori kun - 9 Years Ago
soyasu (9/23/2015)
hattori kun (9/22/2015)

Dear hattori kun,

As far as I know, the Indigo enhance project is still under discussion! Thanks! ^^

Soya

Bummer. I like the quality of indigo. Too bad the export process is as long as the render process which makes it less useful for rendering animation in indigo.
By mark - 9 Years Ago
A couple of issues for me with iC6....

By Galfridus - 9 Years Ago
Hi Mark
To prevent your issue with angled camera snapping back to the horizontal.... try unchecking camera auto-level.
Top drop down edit menu / Camera /auto level.
Geoff.
By mark - 9 Years Ago
Thanks!!!! forgot about that Drop-Down Menu!!!Blush
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Guido Torius (9/6/2015)

Hi. No "sorry" i haven't this problem Sad
By wires - 9 Years Ago

Opening the "Sky Tool" default project crashes iClone 6 Pro - ver. 6.2.2122 - every time. Using the Sky Tool prop in a new project does not cause a crash.

@ Soyasu - thanks for responding! Smile

rampa (9/23/2015)
Bellatrix (9/23/2015)

Thank you.

Cheers

It bakes a new IBL image with the project, and resets the slider. It also bakes any of the IBL color adjustments. The strength, of course, cannot be baked, as it is not part of the image, but rather a program setting.

No by default it DOESN'T bake new IBL image with projects. Unless user chooses to EMBED TEXTURE.
This means by default there are only 2 IBL settings: Softness, Strength.
I like to keep it simple. No activation of color adjustment etc.
Strength adjustment keeps when project saved. Therefore SO SHOULD Softness.
It's a "oops forgot to keep it consistent" thing. Nothing new.

So by default/ un-embedded, everything loads with excess specularity.
An annoyance. No big deal.
I just have to waste 4 clicks EVERYTIME I launch iClone/ default custom scene.
Click Visual tab. Scroll down down. Increase softness. Click Scene tab.

Of course I could embed texture - which actually bakes the softness.
But IClone is over-zealous with file shrinking.
No way to calibrate compression rate. Kid glove as usual...

I dream the day iClone arrives at the space age capability of Macro Wink
ICINDIGO super sluggish since latest update.

For ref: I've only updated iClone once - from 6.0X, straight to very recent CC-era version.
Indigo had no issue loading the default living room scene in the earlier made.
I don't recall any fan noise issue when testing ICindigo in IC6.0X
Since latest IC6.2 update and test render via Indigo
I've noticed almost instant fan noise
even when preview rendering very basic scene with one standard character.
but the living room scene wins the price as my tower fryer
the export scene progress bar moved slow
then came to a complete stand still after a minute or so
the fan noise is off the roof
never heard anything like it
even when I intentionally stress Octane-Carrara to max
with multiple standard Genesis subDivided + a dozen 4K maps, giant HDR/ EXR...
My system handled it quietly without blinking
Also for ref: ICindigo's new misbehavior persists regardless of all the usual system hog culling
close running progs, minimum lights in scene, tessellation off etc
No avail
Btw Pathrace behaves slightly than GPU
Though in the bigger pic, their difference is immaterial
I currently see ICindigo as a proverbial coaster
Can't use it for anything
My hope for getting the precious mirror reflection
Nevermind caustics
Remains unattainable in iClone ecology

ICindigo has many good things going for it
Shader translation is very well done
Light transfer is very elegant too
Don't let this baby goes to waste
I hope ICindigo project gets more priority after 6.3
Which I also look forward to
Thank you
Bellatrix (9/23/2015)

Cheers

Warning for now at the moment avatar toolkit is *very* broken LOL I am stuck unable to use anything that is built for it so lets hope the 6.3 is coming soon because if you are an avatar toolkit user iclone is basicaly broken for you and unusable. They should really fix it and they did say it was fixed, but its not it still erases all the clips when you go to use the eyes etc if you use the expressions.  

By SchachMatt - 9 Years Ago
Sky-Tool crash - the same happens also with the german version
By TimV - 9 Years Ago
Hi Soya

I have reposted this in the main area.  My version of IClone6 Pro is 6.2.2102.1.  Physics for sub props still does not work.  Is there an update that I messed?

thanks

Tim
By wires - 9 Years Ago
In this post, mtakerkart has reported that the tiling of a Diffuse is limited to 99 x 99 in iClone 6. I just tested this and can confirm his findings.
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
As I have found the solution to my problem, I have reissued since my message can not erase it. Sorry
urbanlamb (9/27/2015)
Warning for now at the moment avatar toolkit is *very* broken LOL I am stuck unable to use anything that is built for it so lets hope the 6.3 is coming soon because if you are an avatar toolkit user iclone is basicaly broken for you and unusable. They should really fix it and they did say it was fixed, but its not it still erases all the clips when you go to use the eyes etc if you use the expressions. 

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm still wrapping my head around Avatar Toolkit - Face Puppet - Expression Editor relationship
Also no idea how GoZ will fit into this
or how GoZ fit into 3DX pipeline and CC
LOL
So I wait and see

Bellatrix (9/28/2015)
urbanlamb (9/27/2015)

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm still wrapping my head around Avatar Toolkit - Face Puppet - Expression Editor relationship
Also no idea how GoZ will fit into this
or how GoZ fit into 3DX pipeline and CC
LOL
So I wait and see

I love avatar toolkit and anything i personally make is designed to work with it but yeah at the moment the components seem to be erasing each other.   For GoZ I would imagine the body is what you would do with it but all the bits and pieces probably not.     (eyes for instance anytime I make them its done the 'old fashioned' way not any real sculpting or any sort although I guess you could get fancy with the eyelid area) Anyhow at this point its probably just prudent to wait till the 6.3 release.    

I am actually completing another character and moving to a new one this week (all for mostly personal use in my own video projects although I might start distributing some eventually as I have a few i would like to make but that have no real purpose in my video work other then I wanted to make em .) I have now 3 completed characters waiting for the pipeline stuff so i can use the newer phoneme system for visemes so even if you could get them to work it seems that right now its better to wait until you can have them comply with the newer G6 stuff since it is a better system.

If you want to see the info there is a help file on assembling them that might give you some idea of what techniques you would use.  

urbanlamb (9/28/2015)
If you want to see the info there is a help file on assembling them that might give you some idea of what techniques you would use

That's a useful link.
Got used to DIY learning thanks to Daz3D
forgot that official manuals actually exist lol
Bellatrix (9/29/2015)
urbanlamb (9/28/2015)
If you want to see the info there is a help file on assembling them that might give you some idea of what techniques you would use

That's a useful link.
Got used to DIY learning thanks to Daz3D
forgot that official manuals actually exist lol

Yes reallusion makes good helpfiles.  Daz has always been a figure it out yourself thing although I never did warm to their stuff as I found the content to be not useful to me.     
By TucsonDoobie - 9 Years Ago
1.  It would be great when you've worked on a Project, the file would be listed as "Recent files opened, etc..." and it would list the last few you were working on. 
2.  An "Auto-save" feature that you could set by minutes.
3.  The Indigo Render seems to ignore the actual iClone 6 light even if it is invisible and renders it.

That's about all I could think of. ...dave
By KLS_PROD - 9 Years Ago

I use my right mouse button to orbit around objects while in pan mode ( 'X' keyboard shortcut key).  With this version, the context menu seems to pop up frequently when orbiting causing a major annoyance.  Hopefully this can be fixed as it is pure muscle memory for me to orbit this way in IClone.  Version 6.2.2.122.1

I just found this when I was building a set I dragged an avatar out for scaling and the CC characters in the iclone inventory .. they clothing is all messed up.  I tried "sending to CC" and editing them and then sending it back to iclone and there was no change.  The two originals Heidi and her sidekick are fine its just their CC versions are screwed up.  

Also to add inside the CC they both look fine, but I changed a few settings anyhow and sent them back.   

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d7f88e7a-6b28-48e7-9532-a104.png
I just tried to install the Indigo RT in IC 6.2 (first time in this version of IC)
All went well, BUT it does not show in iclone, it does show as being installed in my programs. Weird.

So, I uninstalled it and tried again...same- problem.....not there.

Any ideas or ???????
By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
Did you install the Program "Indigo RT" 1st? Then the Plug-in?
If the answer is Yes; You may want to try the Open all panels option (CTRL+6)  Then place the panel where you want it.. Plus you may have to move a few others or turn them off.
Bray42 (10/7/2015)
I just tried to install the Indigo RT in IC 6.2 (first time in this version of IC)
All went well, BUT it does not show in iclone, it does show as being installed in my programs. Weird.

So, I uninstalled it and tried again...same- problem.....not there.

Any ideas or ???????

Cricky

I have tried it both ways and your tip (does nothing). So weird..... It shows installed in control panel (and Indigo RT) but nothing shows in IC 6. humm. I followed the install instructions per RL and still nada. Man if it were not for problems like this I might actually get to use iclone more. du. Why is this such a big problem for users anyway? It has always been a pain in the xxx to install and still is.

GueSS I will just have to waste another day figuring it out..DOH!
MSI GT780DX
on Win 7 Pro and an SSD 500GB and 32GB Ram
By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
I just re-installed Indigo and the Plug-in, on my WIN7 system, 4 days ago without incident using the steps I suggested.  

Background:
Windows 10 caused so much havoc in the "UpDowngrade (if you ask me), it all but completely wiped out my software system when I reverted back to my Win7 version using the Windows 10 option allowing it.  I understand that microSOFT Windows10 no longer offers that 30 day option to return once installed, but I could be wrong.  It didn't work, so that may be why. 
Luckily I have 5 redundant backups done every other day, and a copy of my original restoration disk, or I wouldn't be typing this today.

Cricky

I uninstalled IC6, Indigo RT, Indigo RT plugin.
I reinstalled IC 6 and updates, then tried again:
1. Installed plugin and all codes.....says installed
2. Installed RT and verified it with Indigo.

Same problem.... NO Indigo render tab showing in menu.

3 days of trying to fix this and NADA.
Must be Windows 7 Pro doesn't like it?  LOL This is so absolutely mind boggling and such a waste of my time.

I guess RL insn't reading these postings for problems with IC 6.2? humm OK, support ticket time.
CaseClosed (9/21/2015)
POINT LIGHT -- WILL NOT cast shadows onto a PLANE  - even if that plane is made into a TERRAIN

Okay, I'm creating interior scenes now, and I put a point light in the scene. Why does the furniture in the scene NOT cast shadows from the Point Light?

Has this been discussed? Resolved? Work around created? Thanks!!!

By mark - 9 Years Ago
As far as I know Point Lights have never cast shadows in iClone. Only Directional and Spotlights cast shadows in iClone.
By justaviking - 9 Years Ago
CaseClosed (10/10/2015)
CaseClosed (9/21/2015)

Okay, I'm creating interior scenes now, and I put a point light in the scene. Why does the furniture in the scene NOT cast shadows from the Point Light?

Has this been discussed? Resolved? Work around created? Thanks!!!

Not a bug.  It's by design.
Personally, I tend to view it as a flawed design, but it's documented that way in the manual.
(Maybe they changed the documentation to match the bug?  Wink )
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd6b084d-c9ac-4d24-8964-3766.jpg

P.S.
Hi Mark.
I was pretty sure the lack of shadows from Point Lights was as-planned.
Looks like you posted (correctly) while I was looking for documentation to back me (us) up.
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
It's actually almost always better to use spotlights if you can. Because point lights do not cast shadows, they show right through surfaces, like a character's cheek. Surfaces do not stop light in iClone, shadows do. So run your shadows at 100% as well, otherwise they "leak". Wink
rampa (10/10/2015)
It's actually almost always better to use spotlights if you can. Because point lights do not cast shadows, they show right through surfaces, like a character's cheek. Surfaces do not stop light in iClone, shadows do. So run your shadows at 100% as well, otherwise they "leak". Wink

Thank you everyone!  Spotlight it is.

rampa, what's that about leaking shadows?  if the opacity on the project visual shadow setting is less than 100%, the shadows leak?  I think 100% will work for us, but I'm curious about the leaking. Thanks.

By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
Because it's the shadow stopping the light, rather than the surface, a shadow setting of less than 100% is letting some light through. If the shadows seem to dark at 100%, then adjust the ambient light to something brighter. I run my ambient at 128 gray, or even white. You then need to turn down the brightness of your scene lights. You usually end up with a much better lit scene by doing this though. It gets rid of that awful dark fringing and looks a lot more like real lighting. Set your shadow bias to -1 or -2 to make sure that there is shadow under character clothing and other things really close to the surface they should be casting shadows on.

alternately, you can set the ambient to black and enable IBL, and set it to full strength. This has a slightly different effect, and you might find it pleasing. An added benefit to doing it this way is that you can use all the slider controls for the IBL to see brightness and color changes as you change them, rather than when you hit OK on the light panel. It's super cool! Wink
Thank you my friend Smile
By Agonos - 9 Years Ago
Another patch this day. It would be good I think, at the end of the installation of a patch, a message indicating the changes appear.
Agonos (10/12/2015)
Another patch this day. It would be good I think, at the end of the installation of a patch, a message indicating the changes appear.

Agreed

iClone 6.21 has now been released so we will be closing this thread. Many thanks for all your feedback.

Please post any remaining bugs, glitches or other strange behaviour in the new iClone 6.21 issues thread below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/257571/OFFICIAL-iClone-621-Issues-Thread

Thanks. Smile