Plain Base for developers

Posted By Realtimer (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Realtimer (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
Included with the CC Essential Clothing and Fabrics Bundle, are Plain Bases for each clothing mesh. These white colored clothing pieces are placed there specifically for developers so that they can design their own unique clothing textures to be sold in the marketplace with the right Base ID.

Because the clothing pieces included in this pack are content protected, it is important to design your work using the Plain base or otherwise you will not be able to upload your product to the marketplace. You can the Plain Base for each piece of clothing under the Content Manager, and select the Plain Base for each clothing type.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c08f4157-d85a-4254-891c-5cce.png
Edited
9 Years Ago by Realtimer (RL)
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I guess I will see when I get home tonight and try the Character Creator but does this essentially mean that you use the plain bases to create the desired clothing shape (similar to G5 Cloth for G5 characters), add texture and opacity to refine it and the result will be a (G6 character) .Avatar file?

Meaning that if the user buys a G6 character with one shirt and pants and then buys another G6 character with a different shirt and pants, he/she will not be able to mix and match the clothing because they will be part of a single cG6 character clothing mesh? Or will the user be able to mix and match the clothing but will need to go to Character Creator to do so? Or will the user be able to mix and match the clothing directly from iClone (as was possible with G5 characters by switching the Upper and Lower parts)?

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Edited
9 Years Ago by Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Where do I get the "CC Essential Clothing and Fabrics Bundle"? I downloaded the iClone Patch, 3DXChange Patch, Resource Pack (just in case) and the Character Creator but I don't see the plain white bases.

Is the "CC Essential Clothing and Fabrics Bundle" a bundle that needs to be purchased individually?

EDIT:

Available for purchase here. I knew it was too good to be true (to expect the bases to be free). I don't really understand the RL's base philosophy. I would think that they would want to give away the bases for free to Content Developers so that they would create more and more content which in turn would generate more revenue for RL. Content Developers, like myself, who are doing this as a hobby (and not as a formal source of income) don't necessarily have the money to buy even a $99 Essential Clothing and Fabrics Bundle.

Otherwise I am guessing there will be a lot of third party attempts to create such bases and wedge them into CC.

Is it possible to make these available to developers for creating new content but require the purchase of the bundle to use them? i.e. Allow a poor Content Developer, like myself, to create new content using the bases (which I can sell and give RL the usual cut) but not allow me to use any of that in my own videos unless I buy the necessary base (i.e. it would show up with the orange DMR tag if I tried to use it without purchasing the base).

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Edited
9 Years Ago by Lord Ashes
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Now I have buy that pack only for  to make(texturing) clothing, but it seems I need substance? I do not have slots for Texture or imput mask.
Or missing somewhat? Unsure

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

OK Problem is solved , I have reboot my Computer and now I have the slots .Whistling

But that you see I'm not too stupid .BigGrin
I had make a screenshot before , and you see  no channelshere for inputmask  , that has me confused  and I had no Idea  how to use without input channels . I'm happy I need not buy a additional pack to use it.  ^^

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/30b9978c-842a-48a6-930c-4aa1.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

STooldio
STooldio
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
When will be available plugins and tools for us to create our own cloth bases for Character Creator?

baalzed
baalzed
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)

This must be the BIG question in all CC users minds as far as I can see. We have a fantastic tool for creating amazing Character models but are limited to a tiny wardrobe of contemporary clothing items. I realize it is still very early in the programs life, but I would have imagined that this was very high priority. If CC is to be used at all as a tool forcreating Game Characters there must be at least some basic templates for obvious items such as military uniforms, fantasy armor, medieval outfits, Sci Fi suits etc etc. Of course Characters can be piped through 3dexchange and dressed in Max and Maya etc, but that kind of defeats  the beauty of the simplicity of the character creator idea.  I look in the Daz market place and see endless amounts of top quality content, CC needs this kind of content if it is to survive and grow, and this cannot happen unless the content creators have the resources to produce it.    

Edited
8 Years Ago by baalzed
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
While the lack of clothing is problematic, what disturbs me more is the lack of any decent hair.  And based on the roadmap for 2016, they'll include design documents on how to build hair externally and import in, which sucks for those who don't wish to become modelers.  I don't want to have to create custom hair models, but I would like some decent hair to put on my characters.  So the options will be buy them (as if we haven't purchased enough necessities) or model our own.  Ugh.
baalzed
baalzed
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)Senior Member (350 reputation)

Yes, I look at the three hair styles and, to be honest, despair. I even considered writing into our game a lice epidemic that would account for all characters having shaved heads Smile The shaved heads look amazing BTW, but there should be a whole lot more basic hair styles. And again yes to not wanting to create to much outside CC or whats the point, anyone good enough to create hair in Maya or max I would say hardly needs CC anyway.
Magical Kingdom
Magical Kingdom
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi all,

I am going to upload an iavatar to content market place to my store. I have added motions for the performance. How could the motions be embedded into the iavatar as it is reading the motions from a path on my computer?
Thank you

Reading This Topic