Training – Tutorials, Guides and Online Help

Posted By Realtimer (RL) 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
freerange
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
The props and accessories does not really bother me, I am sure it is more of a content store sales issue than anything functional.

Also CC and iClone being separate doesn't bother me either. I actually kind of prefer it to keep each more focused, BUT 3DXchange functionality should be built into the apps and not be a 3rd app.

iClone should have the full features of 3DXchange and then remove the limit on morphs and have dynamic morphs within iClone like you suggested. For CC you have your OBJ and FBX exports with key generators. 

Personally I would love to have the ability to control all the blendshapes using MIDI input. So you assign each blend shape slider to a midi input and puppet away with much more control than you can with just a mouse. It would also be good to have the option of instead of MIDI and multi-touch interface to drive the blendshapes.  

Free Range
My IMDB
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm still not impressed with the clothing options.

Everything is casual.   I'm trying to create some sci-fi stuff, and none of these clothing options are suited for that.
I don't have 3DSMax (which seems to be the only way one can attempt to make their own clothing) and cannot afford it.

Some of the following blank meshes would be nice for CC avatars
-Blouse
-Trenchcoat
-Scalp options (unless I can use ones from previous avatar generations)
-Gown upper and lower   slim type and billowy type
-Boots male and female of varying types  (jackboot style, slim, combat,etc)
Things like that.

Props, I have no problem making.... and I think I've gotten pretty decent at it.

Unlimited clothing creativity however?   So far, I still don't think so...at least not for what I have in mind.

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

Edited
8 Years Ago by martok2112
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
The Professional Outfits pack that has just been released is not casual. It's a solution to have more variety until the CC clothing creation options become available. Do you have illustrations of what your are looking for?

As to scalps: anything can be an accessory; and if it's iHair you can apply it by dropping it on the avatar in CC. The same with accessories actually.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello Martok,
I can understand you well.
Also I go in this package (or at all) some originals off (even if it otherwise is very good), I would like to make more fantasy and medieval clothing I have no templates (blank meshes) for tunics, long dresses, boots
(heels without Highheel and without shoelaces) coats, cloaks etc.

I can now do with the CC beautiful avatars, but clothing in medieval or fantasy style not. From armor I will not even talk. I could do with the Essential templates though some, as with the Proffesinal outfit parts but lacking basics as mentioned above.SadThat with the CC 1.5 also comes the ability to create own clothes helps me little. I have (except Hexagon) and not the skill itself create neither 3dMax nor other 3D programs clothes. I can edit existing templates or converted, texturing, etc. Also Props can I create in certain extent by you. Otherwise, I'm a little gifted in this area. I wanted an d will actually create only clips. This update is me (and many other users) bring good little (unfortunately) To use it you need one (or more) expensive 3D programs (Blender times excluded) and 3dx6 pipeline.Crying
I am almost afraid I'm going back to the G5 avatars and CloneCloth - müsssen return originals to continue making clips.
Modern things for which I indeed have enough templates was not lying there.UnsureSadWhistling

Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch (Werner)
PS; Sorry for the bad English. I let the text through Google translatedAngry

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Edited
8 Years Ago by Postfrosch
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
freerange (5/6/2016)
The props and accessories does not really bother me, I am sure it is more of a content store sales issue than anything functional.

Also CC and iClone being separate doesn't bother me either. I actually kind of prefer it to keep each more focused, BUT 3DXchange functionality should be built into the apps and not be a 3rd app.

iClone should have the full features of 3DXchange and then remove the limit on morphs and have dynamic morphs within iClone like you suggested. For CC you have your OBJ and FBX exports with key generators. 

Personally I would love to have the ability to control all the blendshapes using MIDI input. So you assign each blend shape slider to a midi input and puppet away with much more control than you can with just a mouse. It would also be good to have the option of instead of MIDI and multi-touch interface to drive the blendshapes.  

Not everyone need to customize and export/import through 3DXChange so it makes sense it is a separate product.

On another hand, having more animation possibilities integrated into iClone is needed, including having access to external controler yes, I agree, albeit personally I would prefer OSC instead of MIDI but that's a detail (both would be ok ; ) ).

A lot of user's needs could be answered through scripting/sdk, but it is clear that Reallusion does not want us to be able to customize iClone itself and to offer more functionalities ourselves. Because they can sell "add-ons" and "plugins" at some point. But this is an old minded strategy.

For instance, the fact that Maya became the industry standard in the CGI industry over time came from the fact it was entirely opened and customizable. Some other products who maintained a "closed mind" strategy ultimately disappeared. Nobody would like to use a game engine not customizable, look at the success of Unity, Unreal, etc.. and their marketplaces. Very successful yet not only "assets" are sold but also "add-ons" and "plugins" offering new functionalities.

Reallusion can maintain more or less successfully this attitude for now because there is currently no real concurrent product to iClone. But if one appeared at some point with more or less the same functionalities yet offering customizability through scripting/sdk, iClone would die instantly, you can take that to the bank.

So I encourage everyone to push Reallusion to open their products to customization through scripting and SDK.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Personally, I am trying (in Blender) to try a couple ideas for costumes out, and see if they'll work.  

Now, when it comes to armor, Postfrosch, I usually use Blender to make components, and then attach them as accessories to a character.   I did stormtrooper armor from Star Wars that way.  (And I plan on improving that very soon....looking back at my first efforts, I can see I have a LOT of room for improvement.)

Blender is a free 3D modeling app with animation capabilities, but I prefer to use iClone for animation.

Postfrosch, you might be able to build the medieval armor you need in Blender, convert the pieces in 3DEXchange, and then accessorize them for your characters in iClone.  Smile

-Martok2112

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

From what I read in another post, it sounds like CC 1.5 is what folk like Postfrosch and myself are waiting for.  Smile

-Martok2112

primaveranz
primaveranz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
animagic (5/23/2016)
The Professional Outfits pack that has just been released is not casual. 

I couldn't find any non-casual trousers to go with e.g. the Captain's jacket. Am I missing something?

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
primaveranz (5/25/2016)
animagic (5/23/2016)
The Professional Outfits pack that has just been released is not casual. 

I couldn't find any non-casual trousers to go with e.g. the Captain's jacket. Am I missing something?

Looking at the complete characters (PO_01 and PO_02) in CC, they are provided as Slacks, which is sort of business casual but may not be formal enough for a uniform. However,it looks like what they wear in the examples on the product page.

This is would you would get, for example:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7ca565a0-194a-4fda-9df6-1c94.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

primaveranz
primaveranz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Yeah that's all I could find too. 

Reading This Topic