Physics Toolbox to PhysX

Posted By will2power71 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
will2power71
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Reallusion

In addition, we will consider making the current Physics Toolbox compatible with the new PhysX engine as well.

I really hope that the team at Reallusion is not pushing this to the side. The Physic's toolbox to Iclone PhysX is very important. I know particle effects are on the list as well as a lot of other things but the Physic's toolbox makes a lot of work possible in Iclone that wouldn't otherwise be. I hope it doesn't get left out of the mix
JIX
JIX
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I mentioned this a few minutes before in another context.

Once more I want to underline how important it is, to focus on the core features (and essential extensions) we already had in former iClone versions in first line, before adding new functionality. A missing tool might be a step back and it´s kinda ruining the whole familiar workflow sometimes.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 minutes ago
will2power71 (9/1/2015)
Reallusion

In addition, we will consider making the current Physics Toolbox compatible with the new PhysX engine as well.

I really hope that the team at Reallusion is not pushing this to the side. The Physic's toolbox to Iclone PhysX is very important. I know particle effects are on the list as well as a lot of other things but the Physic's toolbox makes a lot of work possible in Iclone that wouldn't otherwise be. I hope it doesn't get left out of the mix

An updated version of Physics Toolbox is on the "to do" list, but unfortunately I don't have any more to reveal at this time. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
yay.. I should just follow peter around and read his posts usually its info I have been wanting/hoping for now if we could just find out what is in store for the cc pipeline now that the basic release is out and about.. (not to rush anyone but I love new stuff!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (9/4/2015)
will2power71 (9/1/2015)
Reallusion

An updated version of Physics Toolbox is on the "to do" list, but unfortunately I don't have any more to reveal at this time. 

Thanks Peter.
I look forward for more news about this.
Hope not too late... ;-)

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Peter (RL) (9/4/2015)

If by that it means PhysX Toolbox, it is definitely on my shopping list.
So far I really like the way RL implement soft PhysX. Looking forward to the more complete picture.
I also think there's no need to scrap Bullet based Physics Toolbox.
In Carrara and Lightwave, users have options of multiple physics engines.
Perhaps just update iClone Bullet engine and get a 3rd party dev to make Bullet Physics Toolbox 2.0.
But yes, iClone has done justice in showcasing Nvidia PhysX capability, the soft department at least.
Keep up the edgy works.
Also looking forward to volumetric particles.

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bellatrix

Reading This Topic