Profile Picture

Getting started in iClone 6

Posted By vircod 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
vircod
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)Senior Member (359 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hello all!  I am a Daz3d user and have made several animated movies using Daz.  I am also a Mac user which is the reason I haven't used iclone since version 3 was out for the pc.  I had also ventured with using Carrara 7 & 8 in my animations, but grew tired of having to convert the aniblocks into clips just to animate the figures, which was still wooden looking in their movement and returned to Daz.  I have a group of friends in the TMU community that have cheered me on even though it wasn't iClone.  The sad thing in using Daz & Carrara was it kept me out of any machinima contest like Machinima Expo.  I would continue to hope Reallusion was working on  a Mac version of iClone, but that may be a piped dream and may never see the light of day.  I thought that since they made a Mac version of CrazyTalk & Animator it would be right around the corner, but I'm not getting any younger waiting.  I  hung on to my 2006 Dell pc, but found it was way too old to even upgrade the OS and memory and stuff to accommodate version 6, so I caved in and bought a new Dell.  Found out it only cost almost 70% of the price of my old pc! Amazing!  Now I had enough to go ahead and purchase version 6 with bundle sooner than planned.  Looking forward to converting my Daz characters (Genesis 1 & 2) to use in iClone and making great use of it to create more and better animated movies.  
afterThought
afterThought
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Welcome to the iClone world, vircod!  There's a learning curve, but I'm sure you'll figure it out or people on the forums will be able to help.  Looking forward to what you come up with. Smile

aT

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Greetings, and WELCOME to the iClone family.  Smile

Always feel free to as questions down in the "iClone 6 --> General" section, or wherever is most appropriate.  You will find a lot of nice, experienced, and helpful people here.  There are a couple of crazies too, as in most families.

Nearly everyone of us was a beginner at one point.  Some (looking in mirror) still are, in many ways.

Welcome again, and make yourself at home.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic