Recycled Characters

Posted By coolhewitt24 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
coolhewitt24
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 days ago

Crazytalk Animator 2 comes with 10 characters. These characters are included in all version of the software. Customers who purchase pro and pipeline should receive additional characters included in the software. The software has limited use in business and education sectors due to the very limited selection of characters. Educators will not purchase the software for creating classroom content.  I suggest Reallusion introduce a character package for customers who purchased pro and pipeline. I would like to see a response to my post

Respectfully
Coolhewitt23

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
coolhewitt24 (7/28/2015)

Crazytalk Animator 2 comes with 10 characters. These characters are included in all version of the software. Customers who purchase pro and pipeline should receive additional characters included in the software. The software has limited use in business and education sectors due to the very limited selection of characters. Educators will not purchase the software for creating classroom content.  I suggest Reallusion introduce a character package for customers who purchased pro and pipeline. I would like to see a response to my post

Respectfully
Coolhewitt23

Part of the reason for getting the Pro and/or Pipeline version is the ability to create your own characters.  Granted, the process that RL has in place for creating new characters is a painfully rigid and tedious process, but it is one of the main focal points of this software.  In reality, this package with the characters as is, and the mix & match capabilities of the characters, is just as well suited for business or education as it is any other genre and/or target demographic. Especially considering some of the content packages specifically targeted at business.   If you rely on RL releasing characters specific to your needs, may I also advice you not to hold your breath.

People have been asking for content packs for CTA2 for quite some time, and there really hasn't been anything worthwhile released.  Their "Buddy World" stuff is a complete joke.  But hey you can demand getting a response all you want... Good luck with that.

coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 days ago
I absolutely agree that " My buddy world " is a joke.  In my opinion, the characters in the my buddy world package lack creativity.  The characters resemble South Park. I disagree that the software is suitable for education and business.  Crazytalk animator has a  learning curve. An employer can't waste resources on training an employee to learn third party software such as flash just to create characters, props and backgrounds.  Recently, I've noticed copyrighted characters from Marvel such as spider man appearing in market place. These characters can't be used in business production. The software has great potential but RL needs to invest in free content for users.  I might be wasting my time but the reality is someone must try it because new free characters would benefit all Crazytalk animator Users. I will continue to add freebies to my store because I hope everyone has fun with the software.   
Edited
9 Years Ago by coolhewitt24
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

What exactly do you mean by business use?  I know no reason why it can't be used for business use.  I work in the online education industry, and using CTA2 is quite a reality in education as well.
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I can not realy understand why  more Character Content  should for free?
The Basic Version is very cheap and the goal is, User should  to buy more Content.

Actually, The Software is only the motor.

Keep in mind , RL is a Business and can not give every Content free
I saw  a Education webside on RL , maybe it is cheaper there for School?

The Pro and the Pipeline Version is for User they want create her own Character.

To the dislike  of Content
RL can not meet every personal taste of Content
But it  seems the Buddy's are the sales Hit , that is what counts.

Also I find for the Business  target Group  there is so nice Explainer Videos content.

And if I  a teacher, i would create with my students new Outfis for the Buddys .BigGrin
That is more creativity and fun to see when the own idea come to life,  instead only using of ready Content .

Here are some CTA Developer: You can  make a request of your wanted Content.  Maybe you will see this kind of content  soon in the marketplace
But ,  It is work and nobody works for nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
coolhewitt24 (7/28/2015)

Respectfully
Coolhewitt23

Thank you for your feedback. As has already been mentioned, the differences between versions is normally features and not content. We do this for all products including iClone and CrazyTalk 7. However I will pass on your suggestion to the CTA team for future consideration.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

garrypye
garrypye
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
For those who suggest the characters from Buddys World  are a "joke", they are making me PLENTY of money each month, and I am happy to speak on behalf of Toons Unlimited who is also raking in the cash thanks to these little guys. So yeah guys, keep criticising Buddys World's "lack of creativity", while I keep cashing my Reallusion cheques each month. The jokes on you.  

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

garrypye (10/28/2015)
For those who suggest the characters from Buddys World  are a "joke", they are making me PLENTY of money each month, and I am happy to speak on behalf of Toons Unlimited who is also raking in the cash thanks to these little guys. So yeah guys, keep criticising Buddys World's "lack of creativity", while I keep cashing my Reallusion cheques each month. The jokes on you.  

Cashing Reallusion checks?  That must mean by selling content... And yet I don't see a single Buddy Boy character in your content store.  Raking it in, hand over fist, eh?  Uh huh.  Riiiight...

I'm glad ToonUnlimited has been doing some fun stuff with these characters, but regardless they do show a great lack of creativity on the part of Reallusion.  The fact that some people have been using them, and having fun with them is one thing.  People buy them because there really aren't a whole lot of characters, full characters, available for CTA2. They take so much time and effort to make them, that not even Reallusion is willing to produce them.  Instead they throw a couple of lumpy circles together, leave out some body parts, and sell it as a content pack. All the while leaving people wanting real, full characters.  Every person I've shown a Buddy World clip to has had the same exact reaction... "South Park Ripoff".  

Kudos to ToonUnlimited for offering at least some fun variety in them, but in the end, they're still South Park ripoffs, and do nothing but show the lack of creativity and effort on the part of Reallusion.
garrypye
garrypye
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Wizaerd, see the banner at the top of this page http://city.reallusion.com/marketplace.aspx? The one that says "Monster Mash" and has all the amazing Halloween Buddys by Toons Unlimited? Look closely at the props in the background. They're mine. So yes, I was referring to cashing Reallusion cheques from Content Store sales. And the Buddys World characters that Toons Unlimited creates (did I mention how amazing they are?) tie in perfectly with my props, increasing sales potential every month.

"People buy them because there really aren't a whole lot of characters, full characters, available for CTA2" Nope. I bought them because I think they're fun and easy to work with and give you a great base character rig from which you can create your own characters. And sales suggest I'm not the only one.

"They take so much time and effort to make them, that not even Reallusion is willing to produce them." You do realise that that is the exact idea behind them, right? Reallusion creates the base model, effectively giving you a starting point from which you can be as creative as you want and develop your own endless supply of characters. Have you seen Toons Unlimited yet?

"Instead they throw a couple of lumpy circles together, leave out some body parts, and sell it as a content pack." The lack of arms and legs does make animating a lot easier, I totally agree with you.

"Every person I've shown a Buddy World clip to has had the same exact reaction" You can't count three people at a dinner party as a proper survey.

"South Park Ripoff" Good thing you didn't waste your money on them, right?

Thanks for the banter. I enjoyed it very much. Have a great day and be sure to check out Buddys World.

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

[MODERATOR REMOVED] - Posts insulting other forum users are forbidden. Please refer to the forum rules below.

Please Note: Continued breaking of forum rules may result in you being banned from the forum.
Edited
9 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic