RL downloader iClone6 Pro latest version

Posted By pi-qui 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pi-qui
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Half of the content I bought isnt installed by RL downloader. When I go the folder "not installed" 60% of my bought content or programs are not installed. Whats going on?
pi-qui
pi-qui
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)Veteran Member (643 reputation)

Just contacted online tv  radio europe, if this continues they will help me. They will write a review on iClone 3dXchange and spread it to their partners. At least someone is helping.
wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
pi-qui (7/14/2015)
Half of the content I bought isnt installed by RL downloader. When I go the folder "not installed" 60% of my bought content or programs are not installed. Whats going on?

To put it politely, the information provided in the "Not installed" folder should be regarded as a bunch of bovine faeces . Sick

The folder on my system shows that I have absolutely no purchased items/packs installed. The reason for this is quite simple - I wiped a few needless files from my system that were doing nothing other than taking up space. By doing this I was not only able to save space, but could also prove to myself that this "feature" in iClone is as stupid as a short plank.

The information contained in the "Not Installed" folder is based solely on the presence of items on a system placed there by selecting their installation through the link provided in said folder.

In my case, I had already copied over several GBs of content from my iClone folders to my iClone 6 folders - and installed some others using files on my HD. This led to the situation that this "control" system hadn't the faintest idea of what I had done.

Basically put, this "control" system reads the contents of your purchased items from your user account stored on the Reallusion server and compiles a link to said items. When a user decides to use these links to install their content then the links are removed - thus showing the items as being installed. Has the user however installed/copied items already on the system to the content directories them the "smart" system shows just how stupidly it has been programmed by demonstrating the inability to recognise items already present.

The short version of this is - if you have installed/copied an item/pack in your iClone folders, and said items show in the Content Manager window then there is nothing to worry about. Just ignore the nonsense and enjoy iClone, and the fragrance of the local Tulips. Smile Cool  

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
pi-qui (7/14/2015)
Just contacted online tv  radio europe, if this continues they will help me. They will write a review on iClone 3dXchange and spread it to their partners. At least someone is helping.

How is this going to help install your content? Just go to your member account. All your available content is listed. As wires said, the "not installed" folder is simply not accurate. I never even look at it.

BTW, threats are not the best way to get help.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
yeah,  but his threat was free publicity on natiional tv ....that could be a good thing! ^.^  

i would have rather have had him bring reporters here first,  then reveal to him and the reporters how he could download everything from inside his account.  -  might have even gotten a viral video out of that one.  Just wasn't meant to be i guess Crying

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
pi-qui
pi-qui
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Its not a threat. Its anger about bad programming.

Reading This Topic