Adding Custom Props

Posted By artie.duncanson 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
artie.duncanson
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I have CrazyTalk Animator Pro, and I cannot figure out how to add custom props into the Content Manager window. The "Add" button (the Plus sign at the bottom of the Content Manager window) is greyed out, so I can't seem to upload my prop image (my .png image) through there. Another thing I tried was to click the upside down triangle at the upper right side of the Content Manager window (it's beside the "Template" and "Custom" tabs) and clicked "Find File" to open up the "Custom Props" folder. I dropped the .png file I want into there, but it still does not show up in the Custom Props folder in the Content Manager window. How do I get my props into the "Custom Props" folder? (or ANY folder that will allow me to add my .png file as a prop when using Character Composer to try and add the prop to my character's hand) Thank you.
jlittle
This post has been flagged as an answer
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There are two (2) side to the Content Manager: Template and Custom.
You can only save objects to the content manager under the Custom Tab.
The Template tab is a protected area where all the purchased and provided objects are available but you can not overwrite them.

Select the Custom tab and the area you want to save to, the "Plus" button should then be lit up and you can click it to save the selected object to that area.

Using the Find File to locate a folder is not really recommended but the real problem is that you can not use a png file directly as a prop.
You must first drag or import your image file to the stage, select the type of object you want to create (i.e. Prop) and then save it in the Custom area.
Dropping or importing the file to the stage coverts your image to an internal ctprop format that can be used by CTA.

You can use the Find File function to rearrange directories and files, create new directories, etc. if needed but those functions is also available from the content manager (for the most part).

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

artie.duncanson
artie.duncanson
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Thank you so much. Your explanation that the prop needed to be placed into the project stage first lead me to completing my task. For anyone else who might need additional information on how I was able to put an external .png file into the "Custom" folder I: Highlighted/clicked on the prop that I dragged and dropped into the stage, clicked the "Scene" tab in the Content Manager window, double clicked the "Props" folder, then double clicked the "Custom_Props" folder, and then used the "+" button on the bottom to add my highlighted prop into the "Custom_Props" folder, which allowed me to add that prop to my character through the "Character Composer" feature.
Thank you again for leading me to the answer Jlittle.

Reading This Topic