Download Manager

Posted By AverageJoe 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I never thought I'd be saying this, because generally I hate download managers.  However, I was installing CTA2 onto a new Surface Pro 3 tablet, and going through the order history and registration pages on RL's site is a huge PITA.  I own iClone and a crapton of content for it, as well as CrazyTalk Animator 2 and another crapton of content for it.  Trying to determine which content goes with which app can be frustrating if you don't remember which pack was for which app, then having to download each one individually, then install each them one after another...  This can make for a rather long morning.

It's be much more helpful if there was a Download Manager that could keep track of that.  SO if I install CTA2 onto a new machine, open the download manager, select CrazyTalk Animator Content and select the ones I want to download, click once to install them, and let it do it's thing.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
+1
I too have the same problem when setting up a new computer, too many files to sort through and install.

Several other programs I use have great download managers that check my account, show my products, and I can download and install what I need and have it authorized. It also informs me of any updates for each product owned as well as the main program.

I know the market place at least keeps track of purchases there so that helps, and going into my account shows other purchases (in two different locations) but something to pull it all together in one place would be great.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I support this request.

One of the things that annoys me, about my own product (the billy 2.0 starter pack) is that it contains a ton pieces. If i make an update to a single item, such as a set of eyes, or hair, the user has to manually go in there and remove all my content in order to avoid creating duplicates. If they chose not to create duplicates then the installer doesn't work at all.

So there should be a simple way to just have the program connect to the users personal library and update individual items, remove or download new items easily without expecting them to do any manual clean up. The amount of work this requires is just not on par with the spirit of the CTA itself which purports to be a simple to use application for average folks.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The simplest way around this is to keep a regular backup of your CTA Template and Custom folders on an external hard drive. Then if you need to install CTA2 on a different computer you can just copy the backups over and all your content will be ready to go without needing to install anything. Should just take a couple of minutes.

For anyone who would like to do this, just backup the two folders below (default locations).

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 2 Template

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\CrazyTalk Animator 2 Custom

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Savvas
Savvas
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month

Yes I wouldalso agree that a download manager for iclone and cta would be a great featurefor all of us who have a ton of content for both software. I also use daz3D andall of us know ( and the reallusion team) how helpful the download manager ofdaz3D is. Sometimes we buy many content together and we need to go manually andinstall every single package in both PCs that we have iclone and cta installed.I strongly believe that reallusion should include a download manager like thedaz download manger in their upcoming release of iclone7 ( and cta ) . thankyou for taking the time to read my thoughts on the subject.

Reading This Topic