Profile Picture

Facial Animation Daz Genesis 1 & 2 DUF Files not applying to Daz characters

Posted By chris p bacon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Facial Animation Daz Genesis 1 & 2 DUF Files not applying to Daz...

Author
chris p bacon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (390 reputation)Senior Member (390 reputation)Senior Member (390 reputation)Senior Member (390 reputation)Senior Member (390 reputation)Senior Member (390 reputation)Senior Member (390 reputation)Senior Member (390 reputation)Senior Member (390 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

I just downloaded DS 4.8 and now the Daz Genesis 1 & 2 DUF Files drag n drop into Daz's characters faces are no longer
working.
Are there any work arounds to this or is the facial animation tool not compatible with DS 4.8?

Thanx

Xxanadu
ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hello,

I suggest you reboot your computer then try it again. I just updated Daz and everything is working fine. 

I drag n dropped both female and male. 

You also might want to try setting your fps to 1 on the timeline.

Good luck.
rainbowman1964
rainbowman1964
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Hello, I have also the same Problem, the duf Files are not working in 4.8 DAZ  

I just downloaded DS 4.8 and now the Daz Genesis 1 & 2 DUF Files drag n drop into Daz's characters faces are no longer
working.
Are there any work arounds to this or is the facial animation tool not compatible with DS 4.8?

Please help.......Thanks, no Chance to fixed it for me    :-(

Lawsuit Pending Records
Lawsuit Pending Records
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Used them all day in Daz 4.8 without issue. I do have the files in folder on my desktop and reduce Daz window so I can drag the file over  I select head on character then grab appropriate G-G2 file and drop it into the characters face. I did have issue on some of the later G2s (renamed) where they looked like they did not accept the key. Move the slider on the Daz timeline the character stood  there like a stunned mullet. I exported to iClone via 3DX as test expecting they would not be able to talk or have the expressions in the iC6 format but i was wrong they worked fine, I did see in the export data that it was sending them over...... So not sure what gives there 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/992e4d8f-3217-4368-a94f-f808.jpg

iC5 Pipeline, iC6 Pipeline, CTA2 Pipeline, CTA Pro, Crazy Talk, Facefilter, POP. 
LAWSUIT PENDING RECORDS Label-Logos-Web Design-Artist Roster-Licensing - Flip type interactive magazine production
Edited
9 Years Ago by Lawsuit Pending Records
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I've been dealing with this issue for the last 2 days.  4.8 appears to produce a random bug that causes the Reallusion FaceKey .duf files not to work.  I've been working all day today 6/25/15 to resolve this issue.  I've done numerous tests.  A couple of times I successfully exported a modified character to 3DX5, with the morphs intact.  But mostly I can't get it to work.    I've tried the following:

1. load morphs FIRST onto newly instantiated character - I've done this with both customized and uncustomized, straight out of the box, avatars.
2. load morphs LAST - after clothing is added - same.
3. drag morphs onto unselected face (this SHOULD work).
4. drag morphs onto SELECTED HEAD.  No effect.
5. drag morphs onto LOCKED avatar
6. drag morphs onto UNLOCKED avatar
7. Test to see if there's a difference between the MALE .duf file and the FEMALE .duf file.  At first it seemed like the FEMALE .duf file worked for both male and female avatars... But then I saw that only seemed to work for an unmodified G2 avatar that was UNLOCKED, meaning all the parameters were unlocked. (Usually when you export a customized G2 avatar you have to make sure all your Parameter sliders are locked before you export, otherwise you end up with the G2 base mesh avatar in 3DX5).
8. Rebooting my computer seemed to work, once.  But I couldn't repeat this.
9. Restarting DAZ studio never seemed to help
10. Changing the FPS in the DAZ timeline to 1, didn't work.
11.  Moving the DAZ Temp Directory had no effect. (I did this mainly in an attempt to eliminate the Memory Access Violation messages I've been getting from DAZ lately.  Seems to happen when I try to export a model with high poly count (over a million polygons - but not always...))
12. Exporting to a different file location or hard drive had no effect.
13. Fiddling with the conversion process / steps / order inside 3DX5 had no effect

Anyway, it's been loads of fun, but I'm not getting anywhere.  It appears DAZ 4.8 has made the iClone FaceKey .duf files all buggy.  Hope this can get resolved soon!

Edited
9 Years Ago by JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

It's worth noting I've been getting MEMORY ACCESS ISSUES with DAZ lately, during export.  Completely randomly.  Just a moment ago DAZ crashed due to a fatal error and produced a bug report which I've relayed to DAZ.  I'll post any relevant updates.
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

UPDATE:  I'm working with Support on this issue.  Hopefully it will be resolved with new FaceKey.duf files, updated for DAZ 4.8.  Stay tuned.
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

21 days on this and no resolution, yet...

Feel free to email Reallusion Support and reference Ticket # 76708 in your comments.

Edited
9 Years Ago by JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It's gotten a bit ridiculous now - no updates.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/610b323c-a94f-4f01-921b-f205.png
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yesterday - 7/29/2015 - I spoke with Reallusion representatives by phone.  They have looked at this issue and determined that there is indeed a problem with the FaceKey.duf files in both 3DX5 and 3DX6.  I'm told that they would try to expedite a fix, but there is currently no timeline for it.  

Stay tuned Smile

Reading This Topic