Does this software support HD?

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I have found that I like working with pop video from CTA into icline but now Id like to try live action footage with iclone. Will this program support HD video? I have heard conflicting stories.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
that's because it's both yes and no....... yes you can import and play out hd video,   but iclone does not support every type of hd compression.   Further there is also the playing at 60 fps but rendering at 30 fps dilemma

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

but does popvideo convert work with hd? That would be my question.
I already know that iclone work with pop video format so whatever compression popvideo uses should be fine I think. As long as I can get clean HD video out of iclone it should be ok, or am i missing something else? 

I dont think i need anything other than 30fps for broadcast stuff, i think if thats' all it does it should be ok also. I don't know. I would love to find out before buying it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I like the pop / video converter - but if HD qualilty were a major concern,  I'd go with compositing / chroma key. in something like fusion or ae, 

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Ibis Fernandez (5/6/2015)
I have found that I like working with pop video from CTA into icline but now Id like to try live action footage with iclone. Will this program support HD video? I have heard conflicting stories.

Hi,
basically the answere is that it does not.
Another really sever limitation is that you can´t choose the tone of green/blu during the chroma-keying.
Eikre the green color in your footage is really uniform and similar to the fixed one used in this SW, or you will have troubles to get a decent effect.
My suggestion is not use popVideo but rather to chroma-key in a NLE and generate 2 vidoes: diffuse (the chroma keyed video) and teh opeacity (the matte).
Then, just import them into a plane in iClone.
You can check this video for an example: https://forum.reallusion.com/226640/Another-day-in-Paradise
In the thread I added a detailed description of the whole process.

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the clarification guys. I think i will definately just stick to regular chromakey. As long as iClone supports it I think i should be fine. I was just conrcerned more with compatibility since it seems iclone likes popvideo as a native format.

Will stick to the NLE method Smile

Reading This Topic