How do I copy part of a viseme to another character

Posted By Buggane 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Buggane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
Fairly new to iClone and I am using iClone6. I have 2 characters on screen singing. I have edited a viseme for the first character but I want part of this to be duplicated on the second character at a particular place (singing same words together). I have split the viseme but am trying to copy the small bit onto the other character but just can't. I've tried copying the clip, selecting the other character and pasting but this just copies back over the first character. I have tried adding as a custom facial motion but this adds the entire viseme not just the selected clip. At my wits end as they say. Any help would be appreciated.
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Someone may know but I've never been able to copy and paste those attributes between avatars...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
OK, this was a very nice puzzle, and I think I found a solution.

In iClone MotionPlus was introduced that allows you to save not just motions but also facial animation, including speech. So I experimented to find a way.

Here are the steps:

1. Create visemes for the first character.
  2. In the Collect Clip track, highlight the time span of the visemes you want to transfer, and then right-click the highlighted part:
  3. Select Add MotionPlus to Library. A dialog will open:
  4. Check only Facial Animation, and then click OK. A file dialog opens:
  5. Navigate to the custom MotionPlus folder. For a default installation, that would be C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 6 Custom\MotionPlus.
  6. Enter a name for the file and click Save.
  7. Before continuing, select the character you want to transfer the viseme to. Place the timeline cursor to where you want to insert the viseme and select the Viseme track. Right-click and select Break. Do the same further down the timeline at about where the clip to be inserted would end. Delete the section between the breaks. This way you preserve the rest of the existing viseme track (if one exists).
  8. Place the timeline cursor back where you want to insert the viseme.
  9. In iClone, in the Content Manager, select the Animation tab and then navigate to the custom MotionPlus folder.
  10. Select the viseme clip and click the down arrow on the left to apply. The clip will be inserted.

That's it. One thing to be aware of is the Viseme track also includes the voice so you may have to do something in a video editor to fix that if necessary.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Buggane
Buggane
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)Veteran Member (562 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
What a star, so many thanks! You're right about the voice track, its a great shame having animated you can't at least turn it off, have do this in Sony Vegas at the end. Now to work out why some of the avi codecs I have that show up in version 5 don't appear in version 6 (lagarith lossless for example). Thanks once again, I was beginning to think I had lost the plot
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Hi sgreen, you're welcome!

As to the codecs, it may have to do with the fact that iClone 6 is 64-bit. I believe 32-bit codecs will not work. There may be a 64-bit version of the codec.

I use PNG image sequences, which give me also lossless compression and they work in Vegas just like a video file.

mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Way to go Job!!!! Awesome solution!!!!BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

El Panta
El Panta
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
aside from saving the full animation as a motionplus, you can also export only the facial animation with the singing following pretty much the same procedure.

If you need not to hear the two tracks you can:
-use an audio editor to make custum audio files
-turn the voice volume down and load the file in the sound track.

"there's a simple solution to a complex problem, the wrong one"
esemgee
esemgee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Animagic to the rescue - again! However, I think I need to reinforce a point. I followed this with no mishap in iC7 BUT when I wanted to redo it for a final version; nothing happened! Second singer remained mute and motionless! Baffled I tried all ways possible - even a total reboot. The answer was simple - when collecting the clip you need the sound track volume to be up! Not too sure why as one only needs the lip movement, but that's the way it is!
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Garry, I'm glad it helped! I used to be so clever, I wonder what happened...Unsure

esemgee
esemgee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
So did I! One of my friends called me a 'retired genius' - not sure if it is an insult of a compliment!

Reading This Topic