popvideo plane edit timeline

Posted By pastafazoule2 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pastafazoule2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
hi made my pop video my scene is a road going left to right and my pop video is of me walking left to right and i have a small area to work with in my green screen so i had to make 11 pop videos of me all on a plane walking left to right so when i end one vid i try to leave it off to continue,but in the timeline i cant break the plane when i put the next vid up to continue where i left off it goes back to the beginning and then i try to move it over to where i left off and then the sliding feet start,is there anything used for a pop video using plane or billboard where i can edit like a motion thank you so much i enjoy your software so much ty
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
One possible solution maybe to :-

Use an external video editor to compile your green screen walk vids into a continuous single file. If any capture a “walking on the spot” cycle you may be able to edit it carefully enough to create a “minimum glitch” walk loop. If so, cut and paste this several times within your editor to create the longer walk sequence your scene requires.

After export from your video editor, process the single file through popVideo converter and apply to a billboard or plane in Iclone.

A little trial and error is required to avoid foot sliding effect. In the time-line adjust the speed of the plane you animate from left to right for a “best match” with the “walking speed” of the character in the popVideo it is displaying.

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

pastafazoule2
pastafazoule2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Galfridus (12/30/2014)

Use an external video editor to compile your green screen walk vids into a continuous single file. If any capture a “walking on the spot” cycle you may be able to edit it carefully enough to create a “minimum glitch” walk loop. If so, cut and paste this several times within your editor to create the longer walk sequence your scene requires.

After export from your video editor, process the single file through popVideo converter and apply to a billboard or plane in Iclone.

A little trial and error is required to avoid foot sliding effect. In the time-line adjust the speed of the plane you animate from left to right for a “best match” with the “walking speed” of the character in the popVideo it is displaying.

Geoff.

geoff thank you yes i found out the hard way i will have a continuous single file walk standing in place so i don't have to edit pop video on a plane because you can't lol i run fcpx 10.1.4 motion 5.2 and iclone 5.5 thank you again
pastafazoule2
pastafazoule2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

pastafazoule2 (12/30/2014)
Galfridus (12/30/2014)

Geoff.

geoff thank you yes i found out the hard way i will have a continuous single file walk standing in place so i don't have to edit pop video on a plane because you can't lol i run fcpx 10.1.4 motion 5.2 and iclone 5.5 thank you again

geoff one question how do you adjust the speed of the plane you animate from left to right
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Hi pastafazoule2

When you start your scene with a plane on the left it will put a key point in the time line transform track for that object.

Scroll your progress bar to say frame 1000 and move your plane to a new position on the right of your screen. A new key point will be added to the transform track.

When you play back it will take 1000 frames for the plane to move from left to right of your screen.

If you move that 2nd key point back along the time line to say frame 500 it will only take 500 frames to reach the right hand position. By moving the 2nd key frame point backwards and forwards along the transform track in the time line you can increase/ decrease the number of frames to complete the move. This will have the effect of speeding up or slowing down the motion.

Good luck.

Geoff.

pastafazoule2
pastafazoule2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Galfridus (12/30/2014)

Hi pastafazoule2

When you start your scene with a plane on the left it will put a key point in the time line transform track for that object.

Scroll your progress bar to say frame 1000 and move your plane to a new position on the right of your screen. A new key point will be added to the transform track.

When you play back it will take 1000 frames for the plane to move from left to right of your screen.

If you move that 2nd key point back along the time line to say frame 500 it will only take 500 frames to reach the right hand position. By moving the 2nd key frame point backwards and forwards along the transform track in the time line you can increase/ decrease the number of frames to complete the move. This will have the effect of speeding up or slowing down the motion.

Good luck.

Geoff.

ah ok yes i have done that but the one video shot with continues in place walking will be better easier also i will be scrolling the camera from left to right as i walk down the street again ty so much for your time geoff it was wonderful the time you spent on me ty
oh i forgot also one more thing with the camera say i start off left to right will say 500frames the camera moves to 500 then say i move another 500 but i don't want the camera to move how do you do that
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi pastafazoule2

One of the ways you can control camera movement is via the time line in a similar to the way to the Plane moving across the screen. You can add and move transform key points to stop/start slow down or speed up the camera movement just like the movement of other objects in your scene.

Open the stage tab

Then Camera tab

and click add camera button in the modify panel.

This will add a camera to your project and various camera parameters will now be Key-able in your timeline including a transform track.

F1 on your keyboard should bring up the on-line help where you will find more detailed information about selecting camera types and Time line functions and operation.

There is an introductory video to camera movement ( which briefly mentions adding a camera to the time line and moving key points) here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL7NSUHqolo

Good luck.

Geoff.

Reading This Topic