Profile Picture

Oculus Rift

Posted By qmp_nl 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
qmp_nl
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (473 reputation)Senior Member (473 reputation)Senior Member (473 reputation)Senior Member (473 reputation)Senior Member (473 reputation)Senior Member (473 reputation)Senior Member (473 reputation)Senior Member (473 reputation)Senior Member (473 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
My wish for a future iClone version :

Export-feature to a standalone/playable Oculus Rift-compatible extention.
Who does agree . . . . ?Smile
bossi
bossi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)Junior Member (212 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I also think that usage of the Oculus Rift would be very fine. Especially in 3d and 360°. Probably a plugin to capture the sphere might be a first solution. Iclone 6 has been a big improvement and looks great in a lot of areas. Unfortunately in virtual realty it seems to be a little bit behind. Currently the market leading game engines have full automatically support for oculus rift with complete 360° view in 3d and are used to create movies for it.
It is unpossible to describe how it is to be in the movie, instead of looking at it. The conviction comes when once using the rift "in" a good movie. I really would like iClone to provide an easy solution for the Oculus integration. It is much more user friendly in so many functions and would allow so many movie makers showing their great ideas in a complete new way.
So I really join the wish to have some kind of export for Oculus Rift usage. Unfortunately I have no idea how complex it would be to integrate it in complete 360°/3d or what the compromise would be to implement it in a more easy way.

Reading This Topic