Installing additions to IC5 fails

Posted By p.siebesma 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
p.siebesma
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
When trying to install an addition to IC5 the following message is received: 'setup program did not find iClone on your computer the installation will be terminated. Please purchase and install ...etc.' Paging through your possible solutions I checked my registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Realusion\Shared Data\iClone Series. In this registry exists no 'iClone Series'. Under 'shared Data' exists only 'Crazy Talk 5' and a File association for CT7. Do you have another solution for this problem than to un-install iClone 5 and re-install, if that works.

I did have problems with an update of windows Vista in the past which leaves me with a problem in windows' 'Live Update Main Program'. The only suggestion to solve that problem seems to upgrade windows from vista to windows 7, which I am not eager to do.

Thank you in advance,
PierreS
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I checked and I have those registry entries:

You could try to create them:

1. Create a key iClone Series.
  2. Under that create a key iClone v5.51 PRO.
  3. Under that create the String Values as indicated.

Do you have the iClone key shown above and a 5.0 key under that? 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

p.siebesma
p.siebesma
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)Veteran Member (717 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Thank you for your answer. First, I DO have a 5.0 key under the iClone key. Second, what is the safest way to modify my registry? To make a copy I can export but under what name do I have to save the registry? Also, in case of failure how to get the original (copy) back, does the import overwrite the current version and is the file name of any importance? Last, I do not have any experience modifying a registry but it seems clear to make a new key 'iClone Series' using the 'new key' facility in the editor but than, is there a shablone (name, Type, Data) available to create the string values as you suggest?
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
So I just lost a whole post with instructions...Crying

Anyway to make things easier, I have attached a registry file that you can import to get the right keys and values. I think it's still a good idea to make a backup, which I'll describe first.

1. Launch regedit and navigate to the Reallusion key.
  2. Make sure the Reallusion key is highlighted (1), and then select Export... from the File menu (2).
  3. An Export Registry File dialog will open:
  4. Enter a name for the file (anything will do, e.g., "HKLM_Reallusion") (3), and then click Save (4). You have now a backup. I've created a folder called Registry under My Documents to store my registry files, so I can find them easily.
  5. Unzip to attached ZIP file. You'll now have a file called "IC_series_IC_v5-51_Pro.reg".
  6. Right-click the file. One of the options is Merge. Select that option.
  7. At the User Account Control warning that comes up, click Yes.
  8. At the Registry Editor warning that comes up, click Yes.
  9. After a short moment, a message will be displayed that the merge was successful.
  10. In the registry editor, check if the keys and values have been added. They should have.
  11. Close the registry editor. You're done!

To remove the keys and values we created, the easiest way is to delete the top key "iClone Series" from the Registry.

There is also a way using a batch file, but let's see how adding the keys and values works out first.

P.S. I'm just thinking that it may also be a good idea to create a Restore Point before doing anything.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Attachments
IC_series_IC_v5-51_Pro.zip (511 views, 440 bytes)
Edited
10 Years Ago by animagic

Reading This Topic