iClone 5 to iClone 6 and Stuff

Posted By kmiteff_20091227013941124 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kmiteff_20091227013941124
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello:

Can iClone 5 co-exist with iClone 6 on the same system/OS install? Or will they somehow flummox each other up?

Also, I have just built a new system that I want to start off as clean as possible and do what makes the most sense. Is there a safe way to retarget the iClone directories from the Users and My Document folders to a larger drive or RAID volume? Or should I just keep it on the system drive? I got a 1TB SSD in case I had to keep the material there -- I have at least 200GB of iClone assets on my older 750GB Momentus drive. I am worried about future incompatibility but also having the system drive slow down dramatically from so much stuff. The idea of the data being there doesn't necessarily bother me since it reminds me to backup my system drive every once in a while, but if I am really hamstringing myself, I would like to know.

Any thoughts?

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
When you install iClone 5, you can choose where you want the content folders stored. This cannot be changed later, so choose carefully!

I installed both inside a "Reallusion" folder in my "documents" folder. The default install paths are different. I would Try setting the paths to your drive of choice during install, and see if it works.

We don't know if the path settings will be any different for iClone 6.
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 minutes ago
Each iClone version until now has had its own directory setup, so the same can be expected for iClone 6.

Different versions of iClone can coexist. I have currently IC4 and IC5 installed. Especially in the beginning it is useful to have an older version around.

I have my iClone content on a separate drive and it works fine. As rampa mentions, you can set the location during installation. Changing it afterwards is not completely impossible but requires a registry setting, so it's not recommended for most users.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic