Posted By rampart 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Whistling
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Content for sale in iclone content store and marketplace needs help!

Over the past few months the introduction of new 3rd party quality content items are obvious. There are some things that should probably be dealt with by developers,which need attention.

Especially with respect to props, buildings, scenes and sets.

Since many of these newer developers any many instances are game content developers it would help video producers, if they would alter their content to better serve our community.

Game content created for gamer makers have similar, but different requirements for both types of users.

Game Developers have different requirements for content items. Gamer characters are part of the scenes, the actors. They are inside the scenes and props and for the most part are not viewed otherwise.

Video Content developers are different from Game Developers. Video producers are shooting inside scenes, often in tight spaces. It is extremely important for video developers to have the ability to apply transparency to view through the outside of content items to shoot inside scenes. Video producton requires the ability to set cameras outside of rooms, and buildings, etc. Video production requires we cannot always set up cameras in close quarters for interesting productions.

Third party developers need to produce their content with video production in mind, if they are offering those items in the Reallusion content and marketplace stores. I have bought content that is basically unusable, because I wasn't experienced enough to know I could not shoot scenes in confined places and spaces.

This linked content pack in the next paragraph is a very good example of excellent content for video production. The auto placement of walls, ceilings, etc. isn't necessary, but the abiliy to shoot scenes through transparent walls,floors,ceilings I consider to be extremely important.

http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=AIC430DLENU050120110223001

http://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/iclone/pack/moviesets_v3/MovieSets_v3_help2.aspx

All users have to do is modify the walls by lowering the opacity to zero and video producers can have very good camera placement for recording scenes.

The Reallusion application, 3DXchange pro, provides the ability to convert two sided content, and the subsequent exporting of that content directly into iclone.

Many iclone users do not have advanced or expensive tools for modifying content items they sell. Why would there be a need for content items in the stores? I buy iclone content, because my time requirements don't afford me the luxury to use a Maya or 3DSmax to develop or edit content items.

Secondly, Door openings should be provided in content items, and separate doors provided for the openings. Iclone has the tools to work with the doors, but doors that are drawn into the walls of content make those content items unusable in many instances.

I am asking for developers to think on these things, and make the small changes necessary to meet the needs of IClone users. It wouldn't take alot of extra work in the primary content creation processes and it and it would make content items so much better for us.

Arteria3D has already started the practice of two sided walls with the abiliity to change opacity on either side to see clearly into and out of interior rooms, along with providing buildings and other prop content with door openings and separate doors.

There may be other considerations for video producers I've not thought to discuss. I would appreciate to read what others have to say....for sure.

This is not meant to rag on content developers. It is just that moving from one genre to another may have considerations that many developers haven't thought alot about, which are more necessary for iclone users.

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart
rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I was looking at featured content items a few minutes ago. One thing further that caught my attention.

Developers post their items for iclone users to purchase, yet their promotions are frequently in the dark. I mean you can't even make out what your are supposed to be buying. Why don't they give us clear pictures we can view. What would be wrong with that?

I honestly can't think of anything I might buy in the dark, except maybe a flashlight.

If the developers want to sell their stuff... let me see exactly what it is, and tell me actually what I get for my money. Just provide me some good views of the content items so I can make better informed decisions about my purchases of content. I don't care if the developer produces an example video and it is a dark sinister video you can't see, if that is what they believe is the best presentation for their products so be it.

When I look at content items for sale, whether in the marketplace or content store... I have learned. I read everything about the content items, often I send PM messages to the developer to learn more. There are things I expect from content I purchase. Yes, like everyone that frequents these forums, I have bought some stuff I regret buying. I realize I can do trials on most content, but to me that clutters up my install and I rarely get around to really scrutinizing content that has watermarks written all over it.

I posted this thread this morning and realize I may be a minority here, which is fine with me. The purpose of the thread is to wake up developers and let them know more of what we want in content items, and in this posting...what we would like to see in promotions of their content.

I think, if the message is clear for what we really need with respect to construction of content items developers can more accurately produce content that relates very well to iclone user needs.

Share your thoughts, and hopefully some of the discussion points in this thread will get the attention of developers. I would enjoy not to have to do so many workarounds to use their content items.

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Personally I think it's a good post and does help people like me know what I should be looking to produce.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ramart

I think you are making some good points here.

The buying of characters has become less risky now that "symbols" inform us the type of character we are buying but information about props/scenes is usually less precise. A more common standard would be to the benefit of everyone.

I also think it would be a good idea to have a forum (sticky) topic which was devoted to requests for assets. This could also help both buyers and sellers.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I would be very happy to take requests for assets and work along side the user to produce the props they need . This would give me motivation and experience ..

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
toonarama (10/28/2014)
Ramart

I think you are making some good points here.

The buying of characters has become less risky now that"symbols" inform us the type of character we are buyingbut information about props/scenes is usually less precise. A more common standard would be to the benefit of everyone.

I also think it would be a good idea to have a forum (sticky) topic whichwas devoted to requests for assets. This could also help both buyers and sellers.

Here is the Content wish list thread: https://forum.reallusion.com/Forum248-1.aspx

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you thebiz - I had no idea that existed!

Reading This Topic