Unity plugin bug report

Posted By akkadsaadi 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
akkadsaadi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi. I would like to report 2 bugs with the unity plug-in.

I have a unity project where I have 2 different characters that I want to be animated. The first character imports perfectly, with the animations working and everything. When I import the 2nd character face, he imports with black eyes. I used one of the cartoon style eyes, just like with the first character, but for whatever reason, this one's eyes import black.

Also, the shader for the whites of the eyes seems to be incompatible with android devices. The same character that works perfectly for pc, when changed to Android -even if re-imported properly, will import with the edge of the right eyeball overlapping the right edge of the left eyeball. Kinda like a venn diagram. The overlapping region creates a solid grey section in the left eyeball.
akkadsaadi
akkadsaadi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)Veteran Member (780 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Here's a quick video that shows the bug I'm having with the eyeball material on the android project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IjROlwCtCg&list=UUGsYcvFBpZBullcERKGvXsg
Edited
10 Years Ago by akkadsaadi
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Playing around in the demo project, I have selected the cat's Face and changed it's shader to RL/Stencil/StencilMask.

This essentially hides the face, revealing that the left and right eyes are shaded differently. The figure's left eye has no transparency, but the right eye does.
(see pic)

I do not know how to fix it.
Attachments
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Investigating further, the Scientist and the Nobleman do not have the "grey left eye" problem. When the StencilMask shader is applied to their faces, both eyes are cropped with transparency. (see pic)

Attachments
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
akkadsaadi (10/10/2014)

I have a unity project where I have 2 different characters that I want to be animated. The first character imports perfectly, with the animations working and everything. When I import the 2nd character face, he imports with black eyes. I used one of the cartoon style eyes, just like with the first character, but for whatever reason, this one's eyes import black.

Also, the shader for the whites of the eyes seems to be incompatible with android devices. The same character that works perfectly for pc, when changed to Android -even if re-imported properly, will import with the edge of the right eyeball overlapping the right edge of the left eyeball. Kinda like a venn diagram. The overlapping region creates a solid grey section in the left eyeball.

Hi Akkadsaadi (& Holly),

If you are having issues with the Unity Plugin and suspect there is a bug, please can you contact our Technical Support team using the link below. They will be able to coordinate with the development team to get any issues resolved on a one to one basis.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

akkadsaadi (10/10/2014)

Here is a little more information for you from our development team.

1. For the first issue we are not able to repeat the problem. Please can you provide more details about the character problem and include the steps you took up until you encountered the problem. Please be as detailed as possible. 

It would also be great if you can provide us with the character for further investigation. Thanks.

2. In order to support Stencil Buffer for the eye to work properly, you will need to have a Unity Android Pro Licence.  You can refer to the below page for more info on Unity licensing: -

http://unity3d.com/unity/licenses

​Please Note: The CrazyTalk Unity Plugin has been upgraded to 1.02 with improved character's visual effect and lighting shader.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Holly Wetcircuit (10/12/2014)
Investigating further, the Scientist and the Nobleman do not have the "grey left eye" problem. When the StencilMask shader is applied to their faces, both eyes are cropped with transparency. (see pic)

If you wish to hide the face and reveal only the eyes, you can select the Face and then in the Inspector, uncheck the "Skin Mesh Render".  There's no need to change the Shader option.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (10/23/2014)
Holly Wetcircuit (10/12/2014)

Ifyouwish to hide the face andreveal only the eyes,you can select the Face and thenin the Inspector, uncheck the"Skin Mesh Render". There'sno need to change the Shader option.

I am giving you information to help you track down akkadsaadi's issue.

The same "grey left eye" artifact exists in one of your demo models (the Cat), but not the other two. Please pass along this info, as I am providing you with exactly what you are asking from akkadsaadi - a character model that shows the problem.

With the Cat's face hidden, you can clearly see the left eye mesh is not transparent where it should be. This is what is causing akkadsaadi's artifact.

Presumably the devs already have this model: the Cat in the demo scene.

(I am using a MacPro with AMD FirePro D500, and only using your demo scene with the included content.)

Hope that helps. Smile
Edited
10 Years Ago by Holly Wetcircuit
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the feedback Holly. This has been passed to development team. I will update again once more is known.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic