Posted By Durl 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

3D - Realtime Anaglyph Scene Displaying & Dynamic vs Set Convergence

Author
Durl
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)Veteran Member (728 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I've been able to do some very effective and engaging 3D anaglyph projects in iClone 5, but your 'Wishlist' posting prompted me to do some 'what-if' 3D thinking:

Usually to set an optimal convergence number in iC5 for an object of focus in a scene, I need to do a considerable amount of tab / menu switching, to: (1) go to the Camera tab click on the object to determine the object's depth of field (number) for the current camera, (2) go to the Export menu to enter the DOF related number, then (3) do clicking between the scene Preview menu button (rendering a static image of the Scene e.g., at 1080p) and an exiting the Preview mode, to make fine-tuning adjustments until the convergence setting (number) looks best / the way I want it.

Suggestion 1: Allow a realtime 3D scene displaying and playback option in iC6 e.g., a button, checkbox or menu setting to eliminate the trial-and-error multi-tab / menu selection process above.

Suggestion 2: In iClone 6, since each camera 'knows' the distance of an object to the camera (e.g., to optimize polygon count management) this distance-data could be ideally put to use for automatically setting a convergence number for one or more fixed, or approaching/retreating objects in a given scene. The data could also enable a type of '3D Scene Depth of Field' general/global setting where the user sets / enters (via one or more sliders / data entry boxes) a preferred maximum 3D distance behind and in front of either a manually set, automatically set or to some degree 'dynamic' (moving?) convergence point. Such capabilities could allow for a forward-moving or retreating camera (zoom-in of zoom-out) to always keep one or more preferred objects of focus in a scene generally at their relative 'distance' to one another while also maintaining their max/min relationship in the 3D DOF general/global setting.

Hope this helps. Best regards, and keep up the great work!

Reading This Topic