Mouse Blink Doesn't Work in CTA2.14

Posted By phouse 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
phouse
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I have not been able to use my mouse to make my character's eyes blink. I had this problem in CTA 2 and then uninstalled that and installed CTA 2.14 in an effort to fix the problem. I am running Windows 7 Professional and don't recall having this problem in CTA 1.

Everything else in the Puppet Editor seems to work fine. I love CrazyTalk but my characters just don't look right not blinking. I have spent hours on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Have you ensured that the upper eyelids are selected in the solo feature selection panel (see below). You may have unselected them which will prevent mouse eye blinking.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

phouse
phouse
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)

Yes, I have made sure the upper eyelids are highlighted and I have changed to a corded mouse. Any other ideas?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

phouse (9/26/2014)
Yes, I have made sure the upper eyelids are highlighted and I have changed to a corded mouse. Any other ideas?

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious but are you working in preview or record mode when using the mouse clicks? Also does this issue occur with every character or only a particular custom character?

If it affects all characters then I think it would be wise to try uninstalling CTA2 and then perform a clean install of the latest full version which is 2.14.2103.1. You can download this from your Member Account.

If after reinstalling you still have the same problem, then please contact our Technical Support department using the link below. They will be able to help you resolve this unusual issue.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

phouse
phouse
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I am running the latest version of CTA2 and this is a problem with all avatars. The link you posted doesn't work for me. I did discover something interesting over the weekend. I remoted in from home and was able to make the avatars blink. There was a lot of lag but it makes me think that there might be some setting on my work computer or work mouse that is causing the problem. I was hoping to use an avatar in a presentation I am giving on October 7th. Hopefully, we can get this resolved by then.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

phouse (9/29/2014)
I am running the latest version of CTA2 and this is a problem with all avatars. The link you posted doesn't work for me. I did discover something interesting over the weekend. I remoted in from home and was able to make the avatars blink. There was a lot of lag but it makes me think that there might be some setting on my work computer or work mouse that is causing the problem. I was hoping to use an avatar in a presentation I am giving on October 7th. Hopefully, we can get this resolved by then.

The link I supplied is to a web page. I have checked the link and everything appears to be fine. Do check this again as you may be having other issues if you can't open the page.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

phouse
phouse
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Our internet service was spotty yesterday and I was finally able to get through to the link you provided. The response I got asked me to make a screen recording of the problem I was having. Although Lilian suggested I use Rylstim Screen Recorder to make the recording, I noticed that downloading the Rylstim software included a bunch of adware so I elected to use Snag-it. Surprisingly, when recording with Snag-it the blinking started working as expected. I then tried it without Snag-it running and the blinking continues to work correctly.

I don't know what caused all of this, but I am going to write myself a note so that, if this ever happens again, I will run the Snag-it recorder to fix it. I appreciate your help with this.

Is there a way to change the email address on the Reallusion account? My program assistant purchased this software for me, but I am the one using it and would like to be the contact for this type of inquiry.

Thanks again for all your help.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

phouse (9/30/2014)
Our internet service was spotty yesterday and I was finally able to get through to the link you provided. The response I got asked me to make a screen recording of the problem I was having. Although Lilian suggested I use Rylstim Screen Recorder to make the recording, I noticed that downloading the Rylstim software included a bunch of adware so I elected to use Snag-it. Surprisingly, when recording with Snag-it the blinking started working as expected. I then tried it without Snag-it running and the blinking continues to work correctly.

I don't know what caused all of this, but I am going to write myself a note so that, if this ever happens again, I will run the Snag-it recorder to fix it. I appreciate your help with this.

Is there a way to change the email address on the Reallusion account? My program assistant purchased this software for me, but I am the one using it and would like to be the contact for this type of inquiry.

Thanks again for all your help.

I'm pleased to hear you have some success with the eye blinking. It sounds like a possible graphics drivers issue.

If you wish to change your Reallusion Account details, please use the Support Form again and let them know. They should be able to help you with this. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic