Particle Emitter Upgrades/Fixes

Posted By BiggsTrek 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
BiggsTrek
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hey Reallusion,

It would be nice to see some upgrades to the Particle Emitter system.

As a minimum, adding the ability to dynamically change the parameters of an emitter in the Timeline with keyframes/transitions would be awesome. About all you can do in that regard at the moment is turn them OFF and ON, or move/rotate them.

There's also a bug or two in them I'd love to see removed. One I reported (emitters don't play well with camera focus - which I was told was 'known' and they closed the report) and another is they sometimes interfere with themselves, eg: a particle in the foreground will appear behind a particle in the background, making it look like it's HUGE and just WRONG. Or one emitter that's in front of another obscures the particles of the emitter behind it even if the front one's particles opacity are very low.

Maybe allow some sort of animation to them? Morphing or changing the shape of the emitters (other than just size and colour).

Can they become 3D? Right now it's all 2D sprites or something like that.

How about allowing some sort of Physics? Or even just a means to restrict them. Might be nice to have Leaves bouncing along the ground rather than falling through it, for example. Or smoke filling up a room but not going through the walls.

That's all I can think of right now. Thanks for your consideration!

Cool

https://marketplace.reallusion.com/iclone/author/biggstrek

Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You mean something like this?http://youtu.be/tvBcrHC6XuQ
With Nvidia Physx, you will be.HeheCoolWinkBigGrinw00t
Here's another demohttp://youtu.be/RuZQpWo9Qhs this has been available since 2009, shame on RL.TongueHeheWinkBigGrinw00t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

Edited
10 Years Ago by Sifr
BiggsTrek
BiggsTrek
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Damn straight, they're awesome!!

BigGrin

BiggsTrek
BiggsTrek
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

BiggsTrek (9/18/2014)
Hey Reallusion,

It would be nice to see some upgrades to the Particle Emitter system.

As a minimum, adding the ability to dynamically change the parameters of an emitter in the Timeline with keyframes/transitions would be awesome. About all you can do in that regard at the moment is turn them OFF and ON, or move/rotate them.

There's also a bug or two in them I'd love to see removed. One I reported (emitters don't play well with camera focus - which I was told was 'known' and they closed the report) and another is they sometimes interfere with themselves, eg: a particle in the foreground will appear behind a particle in the background, making it look like it's HUGE and just WRONG. Or one emitter that's in front of another obscures the particles of the emitter behind it even if the front one's particles opacity are very low.

Maybe allow some sort of animation to them? Morphing or changing the shape of the emitters (other than just size and colour).

Can they become 3D? Right now it's all 2D sprites or something like that.

How about allowing some sort of Physics? Or even just a means to restrict them. Might be nice to have Leaves bouncing along the ground rather than falling through it, for example. Or smoke filling up a room but not going through the walls.

That's all I can think of right now. Thanks for your consideration!

Cool

I'd like to resurrect this thread in hopes that RL might consider a Particle System Upgrade.

Any plans in that area, RL?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Reading This Topic