Reallusion Content Uploader

Posted By fatbirdy 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
fatbirdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi, I was wondering if there is a tutorial on the Reallusion Content Uploader.

When I try to upload my content I get this box.

Unimaginable Clones

Warning! A store you can't imagine shopping at

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8574c1f1-a8bf-4a73-a56b-1a36.png

My PC Sucks..Sad

Alley
Alley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
Hi,

Make sure each of the 4 items has all the required fields filled in, such as the title, version, what it is (i.e. Avatar, prop, etc.) and then any further categories it generates needing to be filled in. Also, each of the 4 items needs something typed in the description box and each of the 4 items need at least one photo in the box for pictures of the item.

The one visible in your picture appears to be okay...do the other three have complete info filled in?

Alley

fatbirdy
fatbirdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Thanks tutor for your help I very much appreciate it.

That was what the problem was I did not fill out the blanks for the other objects because I though it was part of the character. 

I have a couple of other question, how do you check your AML setting and files?

I'm uploading a G5 character that I modified in blender and am wondering witch  base model do I select in the Base model drop down (I thinking C4G5 or OPG) and also I'm not using any G5 cloth. 

Thank again for your help.

Unimaginable Clones

My PC Sucks..Sad

Alley
Alley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
You can ignore that AML message...as for the character, don't check "is a base" because as you see from the dropdown - the character is not a cloth base. I assume you modified Chuck default??

I think that should let you move forward.

ADDED - Oh, I just see your character in the Marketplace now - so you have succeeded. And you based the character on Oliver so it is showing as a pre-requisite which means the system is working.

Alley

Edited
10 Years Ago by Alley
fatbirdy
fatbirdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey THANkS!!! for all your help!!!!

Unimaginable Clones

My PC Sucks..Sad

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Why does Reallusion Content Uploader have the limitation of file types that can be added? I can understand filtering out potentially hazardous file extensions like EXE, COM, XLS, VB and so on but why eliminate files like MP4, FLV and TXT?

At a minimum I would allow TXT files so that users can include Read Me files. This is available when you make a pack but I don't see it for individual items when uploading.

However, other files types might be useful too. For example, MP4/FLV for including small instructional videos (instead of having to upload them for everyone in Cyberspace).

Additionally I would support ZIP so that if you have content that includes many files you can just ZIP it up instead of upload each as individual items and then creating a Pack (which still means that the store shows the individual items). Yes, I know you don't have to publish the individual items but it also means more items to sift through when you are doing searches in your store content.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Lord Ashes (4/5/2015)
Why does Reallusion Content Uploader have the limitation of file types that can be added? I can understand filtering out potentially hazardous file extensions like EXE, COM, XLS, VB and so on but why eliminate files like MP4, FLV and TXT?

However, other files types might be useful too. For example, MP4/FLV for including small instructional videos (instead of having to upload them for everyone in Cyberspace).

Additionally I would support ZIP so that if you have content that includes many files you can just ZIP it up instead of upload each as individual items and then creating a Pack (which still means that the store shows the individual items). Yes, I know you don't have to publish the individual items but it also means more items to sift through when you are doing searches in your store content.

Videos don't have to be uploaded for everyone in Cyberspace to see. Just list the clip as Private on YouTube and then embed it in the product description page - the only people seeing it will be those viewing the store page.

Zipped files wouldn't be able to get installed in the correct folders when downloaded - and that could cause a lot of problems for inexperienced users trying to find the "right" place to place assets.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Doh! Obvious answer. I completely forgot that when customer download stuff it is downloaded and install automatically as opposed to the user having to put it somewhere.

So you can upload MP4s and FLVs in the Content Uploader...I'll have to give it a try. I have a feeling it didn't let me last time but maybe I included a TXT also. I tried TXT as bunch of times and it was always rejected.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic