popvideo file vs keyed out file in final cut pro

Posted By pastafazoule2 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pastafazoule2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
does a avi or a 264 file keyed out of a human subject act the same as a pop video file in the iclone 2d or 3d scene
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
i believe you can use an alpha video as an opacity map on a prop.

so for example, you put your regular video on a flat wall, then import the alpha of your keyframe as an opacity map.

pastafazoule2
pastafazoule2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

planetstardragon (8/2/2014)
i believe you can use an alpha video as an opacity map on a prop.

so for example, you put your regular video on a flat wall, then import the alpha of your keyframe as an opacity map.

i think i will go ahead and buy it lol and thank you for your help
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

hehe, my pleasure - pop video is a very cool tool and a Major time saver -
final cut pro does the alpha channels (Apple ProRes 4444 ) but is no doubt a significantly longer process than with pop video.

Cheers Smile

pastafazoule2
pastafazoule2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

planetstardragon (8/2/2014)
hehe, my pleasure - pop video is a very cool tool and a Major time saver -
final cut pro does the alpha channels (Apple ProRes 4444 ) but is no doubt a significantly longer process than with pop video.

Cheers Smile

ah ok yes right but i am a big time mac user but i fell in love with iclone so i bought a pc desktop to run it love it but can you actually edit video in pop video i think not and is there any free video editors for the pc i am so out of the loop with pc's lol
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

there are free editors, but none that i feel comfortable recommending - my personal choice would be buying sony movie studio from amazon - amazon has a digital download for a lower price than the sony website.

if you still would rather go free- then I'd suggest taking a look at the free trial / demo version of hit film https://hitfilm.com which doesn't expire and allows you to save, (I personally am not crazy about how hit film edits ...but the effects are sweet, it's actually more a compositing tool than a video editor )...... or simply editing your video in fcp and bringing it over with a usb stick. There are other free options, but I'm not crazy about them, especially after having been spoiled by the speed and ease of use with sony vegas ms. ( plus I have a pipeline plug in with my sony ms to hitfilm - and that is a powerful workflow! ) sony ms is not the same price tag as sony vegas pro - but it has all of the basic tools you would need from the pro version.

also, if it's an issue of the encoding fcp uses - you may want to check out the free version of any video converter - http://www.anvsoft.com/any-video-converter-free.html
very useful tool to have.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
pastafazoule2
pastafazoule2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

planetstardragon (8/3/2014)
there are free editors, but none that i feel comfortable recommending - my personal choice would be buying sony movie studio from amazon - amazon has a digital download for a lower price than the sony website.

if you still would rather go free- then I'd suggest taking a look at the free trial / demo version of hit film https://hitfilm.com which doesn't expire and allows you to save, (I personally am not crazy about how hit film edits ...but the effects are sweet, it's actually more a compositing tool than a video editor )...... or simply editing your video in fcp and bringing it over with a usb stick. Thereare other free options, but I'm not crazy about them, especially after having been spoiled by the speed and ease of use with sony vegas ms. ( plus I have a pipeline plug in with my sony ms to hitfilm - and that is a powerful workflow! ) sony ms is not the same price tag as sony vegas pro - but it has all of the basic tools you would need from the pro version.

also, if it's an issue of the encoding fcp uses - you may want to check out the free version of any video converter - http://www.anvsoft.com/any-video-converter-free.html
very useful tool to have.

i thank you so so much i have my mac and pc connected with a Ethernet Cable so i will edit in fcpx and then transfer it over to pop video
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thank you too, I didn't know they made it possible to hook up mac and pc directly with ethernet! w00t

I'm out of the loop with macs lol - I go in ..use 1 software in it...and im' out back to my pc heh!

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic