Crazytalk Animator 2 3D Motion Track and Camera

Posted By dongraphifx 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dongraphifx
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
This my first in the forum as I just bought the CrazyTalk animator 2 Pipeline for Mac.

I am doing a school project for my final semester on a 30 second Commercial using CrazyTalk Animator 2 for Mac Version 2.12.1811.

I wanted to do cut scenes from a full run of an animation.

But to do so I had to have the full animation saved as several versions where the camera is set to move and focus on one character and then another.

So I end up with several files of the same animation with different camera motions.

Is there a way to avoid this by adding additional cameras like how you will find in other 3D programs where you can have cameras focused on one subject and another on a different subject on the same animated file? That way I can switch on one camera to another on the same animation take and render the movie.

Another is reversing the 3D motion track or animation. How do you do that?

Regards...
Don
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I dont think theres any way around that, youre pretty much stuck with just a single camera per project. But its really not that bad.

In your NLE just import all the footage, its should all be the same length and so simply dragging them on top of each other is enough to synchronize them. Just cut out the parts from the top layers to reveal your bottom layers and you will have achieved your camera switches.

Also if you are using Premiere, you can enable multicamera mode and just use your 1,2,3,4 etc keys on your keyboard to switch between the cameras in realtime.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
dongraphifx
dongraphifx
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)

Dear Ibis:

Thanks for the work around on that.

Smart move on that workflow.

I purchased your Puppet Producer and should use it soon for my pet projects and master this well. Been watching all your videos on this.

Keep bringing up examples on using Crazytalk Animator 2 and your Puppet Producer Flash Plugin.

That tool is a VERY BIGGGGGG HELP!!!

Looking out for your modifications as you work it out.

Regards...
Don
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Unless I'm missing what you want to do: the camera in CTA has it's own key track and can move around your scene zooming (or cutting) to a close up of a character, then zoom (or cut) to another character, then zoom (or cut) back out to a wide shot of your scene, etc., etc. all in one project/sequence.

Here is one tutorial on Camera Movement.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

dongraphifx
dongraphifx
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Dear Jeff:

So what you are saying is to key the camera moves within a given number of frames for a close-up shot for example. Then key another set for a different camera movement etc...

So if I have to do so, I may have to move the red beginning and ending markers on the timeline to the specific keyed camera movements for the shots to render. Then do the same again for the next shot of a different position on the same scene.

That way I just have one saved scene file that has multiple shots that has keyed camera movements. Because all I have to do is move the markers on the timeline when I am ready to do take the next shot.

Am I on the correct path to this method of multiple camera shots using the same scene file?

Regards...
Don
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

So what you are saying is to key the camera moves within a given number of frames for a close-up shot for example. Then key another set for a different camera movement etc...
Yes

So if I have to do so, I may have to move the red beginning and ending markers on the timeline to the specific keyed camera movements for the shots to render. Then do the same again for the next shot of a different position on the same scene.
The Red markers are typically used to 1) "frame" a particular section you are working on so that you can play that portion over and over again without playing the whole clip and 2) to specify the beginning and end of the animation to export.

That way I just have one saved scene file that has multiple shots that has keyed camera movements. Because all I have to do is move the markers on the timeline when I am ready to do take the next shot.
Moving the Red markers has no affect on the camera. Placing position keys in the camera track does that.

Am I on the correct path to this method of multiple camera shots using the same scene file?
Yes, you can have multiple camera shots within a single scene file/project.

Here is an animation that was done in a single file/project showing different camera movements.

Jeff

Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!

dongraphifx
dongraphifx
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Dear Jeff:

I Just saw the youtube video example.

Understood.

Just updater to Version 2.13.1921 for Mac early this morning.

Thanks.

Regards...
Don
swordflasher
swordflasher
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Sorry to bring an old thread to life, but just wondering if there is a way in CT2 to rotate the camera  to left and right from within the scene to highlight the 3D nature of the various props against the background. I mean swinging round slightly in 3D in either direction, not just panning right and left. I want to wiggle the camera slightly to either side on an imaginary fixed 'tripod'.

Couldnt find this on another thread, sorry if its a newb question.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Camera movement is strictly 2D.
Watch this tut on Camera Movement.
The point you are probably interested in starts at time 7:10

Jeff

Edited
8 Years Ago by jlittle
swordflasher
swordflasher
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks Jeff, that is most helpful.

Weirdly enough, I had just watched that video before I posted, trying to find out if there were different ways to move the camera - and completely missed the trick of moving the props. Doh!

Can I swivel props using xyz, then? No, it's moving and scaling that gives the swivel effect isn't it. I'll give it a go.
Edited
8 Years Ago by swordflasher

Reading This Topic