poser 2014

Posted By planetstardragon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I was reviewing poser 2014 - it seems they revamped a few things and added new features. One of the things they revamped was the rigging as now they seem to have it categorized as the new rigging vs legacy.

anyone try it ? it's on sale for 199 - pro version / today is the last day of the sale though

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

interesting side note I just discovered, shade 3D is also related to smith micro.

I've been reading up on shade and it seems they are a bit of a powerhouse software, that have a few features other softwares don't. Not sure why they would keep it so low key though.

seems that smith micro has a nice little clique of 3D software affiliates, that could easily compete vs the autodesk / lightwave cliques if they really wanted to. They certainly have the muscle and technology.

here's a demo reel from shade 14 - the renders are stunning!

Edited
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Very beautifully rendered video.  Thank you for sharing it.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
PSD: Smile

Those ARE beautiful. My comp would go belly up on the first scene however so I'll have to leave it to the pros. I love it tho. BigGrin

Cool pete 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
planetstardragon (6/9/2014)
I was reviewing poser 2014 - it seems they revamped a few things and added new features. One of the things they revamped was the rigging as now they seem to have it categorized as the new rigging vs legacy.

anyone try it ? it's on sale for 199 - pro version / today is the last day of the sale though

I have the free version of Poser 2014, it came free with Anime Studio Pro v 10... It's still every bit as inefficient, cumbersome, and confusing as all versions of poser seem to be. Uninstalled it rather quickly.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ouch, yeah, i've seen mixed reviews on it - the hard core poser users love it, but everyone who tries to use it as part of a pipeline seem to not be phased by it. According to poser though they did a ton of work. Their way of handling files scares me lol - their new renders look really nice though.

Going through shade now to see how far I can get with it without a manual lol - somethings are fairly straight forward ...other things have me scratching my head - but nothing unreasonable though considering the nature of 3D.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ok, just found why shade isn't more popular and why i won't get into it further.

Their help / tutorials are really bad - you search youtube ..for shade 3D, some tutorials are completely silent, others are in foreign languages, then you get tons of autodesk shader tutorials and how to shade your pictures lol, the few tutorials I did find are just modeling...which I plan to do with 3D coat anyways....... you can't simply download a help manual ....the security on their site is counter productive - i tried to log in with my store account, then got blocked from their main site because of failed log in attempts, i didn't have a separate forum account, so I couldn't even review the product while they locked me out... All for what, for them to send me an email with all my account password and info in plain text lol!!

They are suffering from very bad logistics - too bad, the software looks like it has a lot of potential but their support seriously devalues the product.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
It boils down for me too, why buy poser when daz is free.

As for Shader it looks to be top software but your Gona end up in a messiah situation again, it rocks if you can find someone to tell you how to make it rock..

Also I'm not a big fan of smith micro, if you look at Silo, they bought it and sell it but do not develop it, so it just stagnates.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
10 Years Ago by bluemidget666
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

yeah, to shade's credit though, it looks like they are trying to create a tutorial page on youtube, but so far almost all their videos are about modeling ... - and it seems a majority of their user base is from Japan, so I'm sure there is more info in Japanese.

and on Daz, I don't get how they can promote carrara as a pro software , but then go on to deny carrara imports to daz ...then say Daz can do it better for free ? totally shot themselves in the foot with that one. I was really close to getting carrara till i saw that.

seriously, blender with all it's flaws is looking better every day in comparison to the way the other developers present their products.

Edited
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
If I could go back I'd invest time in Blender, I with little understanding of it managed to kinda rig a character using the autorig feature. If you just use the bone structure and not the full rig feature it's very easy and ALOT like messiah.

You basically load in the autorig and adjust the bones then attach, a little bit of weight painting and it's done, the trick is aligning the bones right.

I must revisit it at some point.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
10 Years Ago by bluemidget666

Reading This Topic