Profile Picture

CrazyTalk in Live Environments?

Posted By sheikmozart 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sheikmozart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)Junior Member (231 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Good afternoon,

I purchased CrazyTalk just a few days ago and I love it, but I'm very new to it.

Is it possible to use CrazyTalk as a real-time, live puppet? I've been looking through some videos for CrazyTalk for Skype but that product seems to be discontinued.

If you can provide any help, I'd be grateful.

Sheik
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Hi..

CrazyTalk 7 doesn't support "live real-time presentation" I'm afraid. All vocal audio files have to be processed first to create the automatic lip-sync and auto motion. This means that it would not be possible for someone to speak into a microphone and the onscreen character react to it live.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
In this tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED2E8_u7FdI
Just before the 2min mark he says that the Unity plugin can do live puppeting and lipsync....

So there is (or will be) a path to live puppeting within a custom Unity3D game environment (think online gaming with microphones and custom avatars). Or the potential for someone to build a custom "puppet" app with facial controls.... Maybe a game where you can only communicate by face expressions? w00t LOL!

vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Here is the Dokumentation http://help.reallusion.com/CT_Unity_Plugin/ENU/Help/default.html

The api functions are very basic and not such a special funktion like interactive lipsync in Unity or so
if it were possible would RL already ​​made a demo, for sure Wink

I think with live puppeting mean he the look at mouse or gaze function

and Live Lipsync means play a premade CT animation in Unity . BigGrin

It still vote what Peter says
This means that it would not be possible for someone to speak into a microphone and the onscreen character react to it live.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
10 Years Ago by vidi
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Ahh Ermm that is too bad. I did look at the manual and could not find any controls to simply open/close the mouth.... But after rewinding that tutorial video and listening a few times, I thought he was saying it would be possible....

I suppose you could hack the mesh somehow, but at that point you might as well use a custom face/rig. hmmm. So the only real advantage to the Unity plugin is CrazyTalk itself, the CT timeline and the CT emotion presets....
Edited
10 Years Ago by Holly Wetcircuit

Reading This Topic