Profile Picture

CRASHING

Posted By NiMaLu 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
NiMaLu
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
my program continues to crash. non stop.

can i get a refund? this is the second time i've had to contact your company about this!

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Login and go to your account page, then create a support ticket.

It may be a day or so, but someone will reply.

This is members forums only, so it will be hard to get a refund here.

NiMaLu
NiMaLu
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)

I wasn't asking YOU for a refund. I was asking if it were possible, and/or what the problem could be.

This isn't the first time I've had to creat a non"support" ticket.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
NiMaLu (5/13/2014)
my program continues to crash. non stop.

can i get a refund? this is the second time i've had to contact your company about this!

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Sorry to hear you are having problems with FaceFilter 3.

The first thing to check is that your system is fully updated. That includes all system updates, graphics and sound drivers. If you have already done this and the problem continues, then please contact Support using the link below. They will be able to advise you on your refund options.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gmccurdy
gmccurdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

Same issue with Windows 8.1-64. Crashes after a lot of retouch work and all settings are lost. Annoying.

Problem submitted as well to Support at my end too. Seems to be a bug someplace.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

gmccurdy (5/15/2014)
Same issue with Windows 8.1-64. Crashes after a lot of retouch work and all settings are lost. Annoying.

Problem submitted as well to Support at my end too. Seems to be a bug someplace.

Hopefully Support will be able to help with a more permanent resolution, but do also try to get in the habit of saving your project at regular intervals. If you do this you shouldn't lose much work. At the very least always save your project after "Fitting" so you do not need to do this again.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gmccurdy
gmccurdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

Support had me load DirectX 9.0c redistributable into Windows 8.1 64.

Seems to have stopped the crashing so far (Knock on wood!). Program runs smoother too with the masking tools brushes. Hasn't crashed since.

Need to run the exe file within the redistributable as it is hidden in all the CAB files. Took me a while to find that as it unzips them all into whatever folder you assign them to when you run it.

Opps! Spoke too soon. Just crashed again.

Will try an uninstall and reinstall as suggested by Support since DirectX 9.0c installed above.

Mack

Edited
10 Years Ago by gmccurdy
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I do hope the suggestions from Support have helped resolve the problem for you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gmccurdy
gmccurdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Sadly Peter, it is still broken for Windows 8.1 64-bit in spite of loading up DirectX 9.0c and uninstalling and reloading the software. Software fix-ticket still is unanswered.

It might have something to do with the very large TIFF files out of the Nikon D800E but I don't know. Some of them apporach close to 300MB TIFF's and I see the "Save" project within FF# slow down around 95% during frequent saves the software needs.

Hopefully they will find a fix soon as it will also crash on opening a saved file made within FF3 too. I saw all the subsequent fixes were for crashes with prior versions. Still seems to suffer now too.

At least my double-billing for buying it got resolved quickly with the credit card company (1 day!).

Mack
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hopefully Support will be able to help you further with this. Our Support department is only available Mon - Fri but you should expect a reply very soon now.

I have to say I'm using Windows 8.1 64bit and have only experienced a crash on rare occasions so it certainly could have something to do with those particular images you are using.

I also have found it very important to update graphics drivers when using Windows 8.1. The older Windows 8.0 drivers need to be updated to specific Windows 8.1 versions to avoid problems. If you haven't already done this it would be worth a try to see if it helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic