Motobikes Vol 1

Posted By gcshep 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gcshep
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi
In April I posted problems with the motorbike I ‘am still trying different workings with the project I ‘am stuck once again in that I have been trying the motions that came with the motorbike pack the problem is as follows.

Created animation on timeline then saved the animation via the collect clip I then saved as per image one (Motion Library) and then tried to load the animation on the other two motorbikes within my project and for the life of me I cannot find the saved motion anywhere however when I click on my first bike perform I see my animation at the bottom of the list please see stop sign image ounce again any help would be much appreciated.

Doe’s anyone know if are any instructions on how to use the Motorbikes Vol 1 pack correctly excellent models but struggle on how best to use the pack cost 2,500 points ??.

Best Regards
George
Attachments
Motion Llibrary.jpg (212 views, 643.00 KB)
Stop Sign.jpg (125 views, 892.00 KB)
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I haven't got the Motorbike Pack.

However:

1) Prop Collect Clip Motion adds the Motion to the Prop's Right-Click Operate Command. Not in Custom Motions Templates. So - Click on the relevant Operate, to invoke the Motion.

I would have thought that each of the bikes already come with Operate Motions, without having to Save them via Collect Clip.

2) Character Collect Clip Motion adds the Motion to Custom Motion Templates. Not Right-Click Perform.

At least I think the above's more-or-less the gist of it, without testing, here. 

BTW _ You'll probably need to have each Bike Following a Path around the Track. I think there's a Tutorial to have eg; the Bikes crossing over from one Path to another. A Small Smoke particle would look good for the exhausts.

Anyone-else?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Did you try to contact the developer, digiMagic? That might be your best course of action.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
10 Years Ago by animagic
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

I went onto DigiMagic page and there was the following message

“Please notice that most of my current and new content will be moved over to Bigboss’s Treasures”

I left a message there and the reply came back saying that the content was old and he had nothing on it.

So the aim of my original post was hoping someone might have purchased the package and were able to help with any info.

George
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

"gcshep (5/8/2014)
I went onto DigiMagic page and there was the following message

“Please notice that most of my current and new content will be moved over to Bigboss’s Treasures”

I left a message there and the reply came back saying that the content was old and he had nothing on it.

So the aim of my original post was hoping someone might have purchased the package and were able to help with any info.

George "

1) You haven't confirmed whether or not each bike already has a right-click Operate Command, as per my previous Post.

2) Why are you in By Frame & not Realtime Mode?

3) Delete the iClone Default Motion & Drag the Bike Motion to Frame 1.

4) IMO, you need to test a few things outside of your main Project by opening New Test Projects. EG;

a) Test each Operate Command, with a static bike

b) Select Bike / Drag the Playbar Scrubber along a few Frames & then Move the bike to the end Frame & Playback.

c) Set-out a Path, with bike following Path. If the bike Follows a Path, then you probably don't need turn left/Right Operate etc Commands.

A very nice-looking Scene Pic. However, it isn't going to be easy Animating the bikes going round the road race circuit. You need to do it in stages with several Test Projects & then Final Projects for different parts of the circuit with different Camera angles. Export each of those Projects to a Video File. Import them into your NLE Program for further Editing, for a final Video File.

Adding a Link to your Previous Post or Copying it to this Thread & then keep this Thread running for Posting with any additional Screenshots, should help to speed things up.  

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Color
Sorry about not replying to your message, regarding your questions.
1. All the bikes have the right-click Operate command as per image Stop Sign.jpg what I ‘am trying to get my head around is what do the letters stand for at the end of M_Forward_S, L, E
2. I forgot to switch over to the Realtime mode.
3. I have carried out all the operations you suggest lost count times I have carried it out.
4. I ‘am now trying the path method and then I will have ago with the physics toolbox 4WD.
It looks like I shall have to use a few different camera angles as per your suggestion
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

1. Don't know. You need to contact the Developer again.

4. Physics Toolbox 4WD is for 4 wheels. Not 2 (Motorbike). The wheels should Rotate anyway when the Operate Command Motions are selected, I would have thought.

Create a Test Path / Select a bike / Pick Path at first Control Point. Position 0 / Drag the Playbar Scrubber along several Frames / Pick Path again at last Control Point. Position 100. / Select Follow Path on possibly -Y Axis. You might need to add the Track Circuit Prop to Terrain & then have Path Follow Terrain. Try it without first.

Play-back. Bike should Follow Path without wheels rotating. Apply M(ove?)-Forward Motion. Wheels should rotate, I would have thought.

BTW - There are various iC Program Character Poses which you can Edit Motion Layer, to fit the correct bike position.

You can get the bike to lean in & out, by Editing the Path Control Points. Eg; Rotate to the desired orientation. 

Cameras - Pan all the bikes using a Dummy Prop & have a Camera Look At / Follow that or possibly Camera on a Path. Cameras Following individual Characters front, back & side etc.

I'll be doing more-or less the same when I've finished my current Pinhead Project & get back to my other on-going Pinhead Project. See very rough WIP Storyboard Screenshot (to be added)

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Looking at your attached pics maybe

M_Forward_S    =  Move (M) Forward Start (S)

M_Forward_E    =  Move (M) Forward End (E)

M_Forward_L    =  Move (M) Forward Maybe Left ? (L)

The only reason I think maybe L is left as I see there was a turn left command.

Reallusion sometime in there animations have start stop etc so that was where the idea came from.

Duchess Designs Store 

Edited
10 Years Ago by duchess110
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you a few good points to put into practise also to you Duchess for your input.
If and when I complete this project will upload onto YouTube below is a link of what I ‘am working on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDHqsTB82eI

Best Regards
George
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 16 hours ago
Well...you can use the 4WD Physics Toolbox Structure for a two-wheeler....Tongue

I made this Vespa with a "Sidecar" but you wouldn't have to add that option....Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
10 Years Ago by mark

Reading This Topic