Introducing Puppet Producer

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
niceblinkluck (2/4/2014)
Thanks for that Rick but I got so far with that how to and drew a blank....

wheneverI press windows, extensions, on flashit fails to show up....I know Im doing something wrong...just don't know what

You just have to double click the file. The extension manager will automatically install it.

Next, make sure to restart flash if it was already running.

That should do it. Smile

I can't wait to hear your feedback.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

AnimatFolks (2/4/2014)
Hi Toon Titan.
Extraordinary Plugin. Congratulations!!!
Is there any form of payment other than PayPal?
Thanks.

Thanks!

You can do the credit card option via Paypal. You don't need q PayPal account. Also 2checkout. You can also call me, I can take your cc payment over the phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Nice work toontitan, this looks to save people an awful lot of aggravation. Although truthfully, I'm surprised that RL has come up with such a tedious, meticulous, and technical approach to creating characters. Ever since CTA1, people have been screaming for an intuitive, streamlined, and creative process for creating new characters, and in CTA2, creating new characters is even more painful than it was in CTA1. Your plugin will certainly help, but I also know it's not without it's problems.

I'm holding off on picking up the plugin until I see the second tutorial, showing a full character. Hopefully you'll get to it before the end of February, so I can still take advantage of the discount...
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don't blame RL. After all they have come up a first in its class product. They still have a lot of hurdles to jump. No one else has ever been able to truly get 2d characters to work properly using 3d skeletal systems. And the price point is extremely accessible to anyone. I know from experience that once they integrate its own drawing and and development tools within the software the price is going to jump to the $500-$600 range.

I think if they can get a real 3d camera system in place they will have it made.

I think they are doing the right thing by focusing on the strong points. As long as the software remains open to use third party tools like flash, illustrator, and Draw plus, the low price of the main product remains justified and more accessible to artists of all levels.

I don't have a too much of a problem with the FLA template and current API either. Yes its cumbersome but you gotta admit, there is a hell of of a lot that goes in towards the creation of a single puppet. I hate the fact that its so cumbersome, but it is there and and its open to us. I would have hated it more if they would have kept it to themselves and just continued to make money from pre-rigged models.

But you know, there's a lot of artists who will benefit from the creation of these pre-rigged models. Even at this stage the benefits far out-weight the work involved.

Edited
10 Years Ago by toontitan
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

In regards to niceblinkluck's issue. I just had a nice TeamViewer session with him and he actually had the plugin installed correctly. Apparently in flash cs6 or lower, you will need to access it from the Window > Other panels menu not from Window > Extensions.

niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for all the help ...the puppet producer works fine and I'm looking forward to working with it.BigGrin
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

I have high hopes for this plugin, because I already have a whole lot of Flash characters that I'd like to get into CTA2, with the least amount of frustration and irritation.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hahaha well thank you... The plugin works great, there some human error issues that can be overcome with practice. For example in my own work I had issues with naming the wrong parts like the left arm, naming the right arm. Just gotta stay concious of the fact that the left arm may not nessesarily be on the left depending on which angle the character is facing. So you always gotta keep in mind that left arm means the characters left arm even though based on the angle it may seem like its on the right side. stuff like that. Also creating duplicate instances of the same part will mess you up.

But it does get easier with practice.

InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Obviously, he needs to add a how to install his extension into Adobe Flash video.

I am using CS6 myself and I see I need to access it through "other panels." I think a video on how to add and access the plug-in for both CC and CS6 and below would be of great help. Cool
Edited
10 Years Ago by InfoCentral
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

InfoCentral (2/7/2014)
Obviously, he needs to add a how to install his extension into Adobe Flash video.

I am using CS6 myself and I see I need to access it through "other panels." I think a video on how to add and access the plug-in for both CC and CS6 and below would be of great help. Cool

I don't think it need a video per se... I opened the Adobe Extension Manager, Hit the Install button, navigated to where the extension file was at, and boom... installed. In Flash, under Windows->Extensions is where the plugin is at. And I've never installed an Adobe extension before and had it done in under a minute.

Should probably mention something about it in the ReadMe.txt, but I don't think it needs a video just for that...

Reading This Topic