Drawplus Character Template & Whitepaper

Posted By Peter (RL) 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 hours ago
narf2n (2/4/2014)
Oh Peter...

If ever there was an example of how not to communicate with a customer...

You know, I would say I am no more miss informed than you are able to get to the bottom of my criticism.

I don't understand at which point this thread became about whether or not and how much narf2n understands pipeline or draw plus rather than about the actual tool and process. Maybe it's easier for you to deflect than deal with the issues...

I expected reaching out to the forum for filling in the blanks be ok and really did not expect a forum manager to send me away with no relevant pointer or some relevant assistance - regardless of your workload. I don't know and every day I care a little less, about this thread and about Crazytalk - hence your questionable success story on the customer care department.

Also, between 24 hours and 8 days there is quite a gap, but I am not in charge of your duties and it doesn't matter who answers, I'd simply appreciate an answer but to be honest, I've given up on that by now, much like the hope of seeing the video tutorial you promised to upload on this very issue over 2 week ago.

You know what, Forget it... Moving on.

My point was that this is a user discussion forum and not the Technical Support department. If you have any issues affecting your use of our software then please use the Support Form below and submit your question. You will then normally get a response within 24 - 48 hours (Mon - Fri). However if you wish to chat and discuss our software, and post non-urgent questions, then the forum is the place to be.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
narf2n (1/26/2014)
Bruce (RL) promised a tutorial to "Create multi-dimension characters from Flash Template >> mid Jan" where are we with that? how soon will you have one for DP ?

Did that video ever get done yet?
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi, posted this request already in general, but I think it belongs here:

I am trying to decide wether to buy Pipeline or Pro.
The only thing I am interested at in Pipeline is the dummy template.
But I figured out, that I need DrawPlus for it which does´t run on a Mac.
Is there an alternative software with which I can work on the dummy .dpa file?
If not, I think Pipeline does´t make sense for me, since I don´t work with iclone, flash or alike.
Am I right?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
regiregi (4/7/2015)
Hi, posted this request already in general, but I think it belongs here:

I am trying to decide wether to buy Pipeline or Pro.
The only thing I am interested at in Pipeline is the dummy template.
But I figured out, that I need DrawPlus for it which does´t run on a Mac.
Is there an alternative software with which I can work on the dummy .dpa file?
If not, I think Pipeline does´t make sense for me, since I don´t work with iclone, flash or alike.
Am I right?

Hi..

The Dummy Templates are only available for Adobe Flash or DrawPlus so if you don't use either of these programs then this feature will not be much use to you.

The other big feature of Pipeline is the ability to import iClone 3D motion files. You won't need to own iClone as the motion files can be installed directly into CTA2 Pipeline. As we have a very large collection of motions available this can be a massive time saver so certainly worth considering.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

momillis
momillis
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
These tutorials show you how to create characters with CTA 2 Pipeline and DrawPlus.

FYI...
CTA 2 Pipeline doesn't have any more features than the Pro version. It only allows you get access to the character build templates and DEV tools, and allows you to use the RL Content Uploader for putting content in your Marketplace store.

Also, DrawPlus is not a Reallusion product. It's by Serif which is not a subsidiary of RL. Serif is a trusted partner, sorta like an affiliate. Anything Reallusion does to help you learn about making characters in DrawPlus is a bonus. RL is the flash character build expert, not the DP expert.
For that matter you only really need from DrawPlus is the .swf file export so it's compatible with CTA 2. You can build your characters or sprites in any software you want, then simply import to DrawPlus as a keyframe animation, then export as an .swf flash file.

Everything you need to know is in these 2 tutorials, regardless of a broken promise for a new videos lately or whatever. If you can't learn it all from these then you won't be able to with any others. It's all right here. Hope they help you.

I would hope you post your new characters when they're finished. I'm interested to see how they will turn out. Good Luck! BigGrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPavtRr3YI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06AjWWt4AvQ

Official Reallusion tutorials by Kai D. Smile

- Mo' Millis  
Official Mo' Millis | Music & Animation

American rock musician and award winning songwriter.
3D photorealistic album art, posters, and tee shirt prints 
for independent artists.
Founder and composer of Scene Music. Certified animation content DEVeloper.

Edited
9 Years Ago by momillis
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)

Thank you for taking your time to answer me!
Your response was really helpful Smile
I will take a look at the tutorials!
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

momillis (4/8/2015)
[b]CTA 2 Pipeline doesn't have any more features than the Pro version. It only allows you get access to the character build templates and DEV tools, and allows you to use the RL Content Uploader for putting content in your Marketplace store.

Like Peter mentioned in his post, the Pipeline version also allows you to import iClone 5 motion files, so that is another benefit. Overview is here: http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/Animator/animator_matrix.aspx.

I don't think you need the Pipeline version for putting content in the Market Place. The Pro version should be enough, at least that's the case with iClone.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

dclelland
dclelland
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Hi, I am just a newbie to Drawplus. I am trying to create mg own G2 characters but It seems I cant find any step by step video from head to foot.Do you have any written tutorials that you can share? Thank you. 
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Have you the pipeline version ? if yes you will find  Guides and Templates in your member account
these videos demonstrated the procedure with the Draw Plus template

btw there are  many more tutorials on this RL  youtube channel

Happy Creating !

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

hufos
hufos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi. I notice that there is a Buddy Character Template for Flash but I didnt see a Template for Draw Plus. I am curious as to whether or not support for Draw Plus has been discontinued or what? I would like to make my own Buddy Characters but since I am only using Draw Plus X8, it doesnt take FLA files.

Any Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanx In Advance,

hufos

Reading This Topic