Drawplus Character Template & Whitepaper

Posted By Peter (RL) 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Mmmmm got to admit Reallusion seem very sluggush releasing training videos.

ToonTitan can produce one excellent video after another whenever the mood takes him on the forum. It proves they don't take forever to produce...but we are still waiting for you guys to release that fla template pipeline training video. 

Come on guys if you wanted to you could do it today...so do it today

darian.kanius
darian.kanius
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
narf2n (1/26/2014)
So when you wrote:

Peter (RL) (1/23/2014)

Please share any feedback you have aboutthe creation processbelow. Thanks.

you were not after all the issues and questions I mentioned? maybe wanted something shorter and easier to digest?
well, how about mediocre, baffling and disappointing? is that the type of feedback you wanted?

I mean, IF sending me to learn drawplus with no references to what - is the type of answer you are going to give, PLEASE don't bother - let someone else who actually wants to help answer.

I realize the pipeline version is for a more advanced users but I don't remember any list of prerequisites when I was offered to buy this version - and I usually catch things rather quickly. but a month after the release I am still trying to get make something of this software that I purchased and either the feature are still expected to be delivered sometime in the future or the documentation sucks.

Bruce (RL) promised a tutorial to "Create multi-dimension characters from Flash Template >> mid Jan" where are we with that? how soon will you have one for DP ?

at least now I understand why no one else bothers to provide feedback in the forum, perhaps I'll take my questions with support and hopefully solve them 1X1 and not in the forum where other people can learn from it... tanks for the lesson Peter.

Angry

Dude. It is not their job to teach you how to use other software not related to Crazytalk Animator. Get a grip. If you want to make characters not in Flash than learn the tools to do it or just don't do it.

Learn the software like everyone else had to. I just don't understand people. LEARN THINGS!! Stop asking for it to be done for you, if you don't know the software how are they suppose to write something that you will understand? That doesn't make any sense? They are not going to hold your hand through the entire process on a piece of software they did not even develop.

They have like 3 different versions of CTA2 for a reason. Pipeline is a more advanced version for people with experience using the tools required to get the most out of the version.

darian.kanius
darian.kanius
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
niceblinkluck (1/27/2014)
Mmmmm got to admit Reallusion seem very sluggush releasing training videos.

ToonTitan can produce one excellent video after another whenever the mood takes him on the forum. It proves they don't take forever to produce...butwe arestill waiting for you guys to release thatfla template pipelinetraining video.

Come on guys if you wanted to you could do it today...so do it today

Go make a tutorial video about anything you want and come back, post it and then tell use how easy and fast it is to make.

narf2n
narf2n
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Darian,

When you criticize a company whose whole business is about offering a product that makes video production easier I think the comments about how much time we have been waiting for a video tutorial is very match valid.

The decision to make CTA2 dependent in another product was RL's - instead of developing the feature in their product they leveraged on the development of a sister company, one with which they've been cultivating a partnership for a while now and that makes perfect sense. But if the process of using RL product is SO dependent of that third party - it's becoming RL interest to make it clear and to demonstrate - otherwise they may lose potential buyers... RL asked for feedback in the beginning of this thread and I gave some (they only one who toke the time to do so by the way) I raised a number of points which were gracefully ignored and I am still waiting for some answers 3 days after posting it, if you think that's ok than good for you - I don't.

I WANT to use the product I bought, and I've been trying to do so for a month now - putting in a lot of hours only to find bugs and missing features that are slowly being added so I vent here...

It was RL choice to release a half baked product only to maximize sales around Christmas, they knew the product had bugs and features where missing but they marketed it anyway and we are paying the price. I counted on CTA2 for some work related tasks which are still being pushed back due to problems with the software so get off the high horse and horse and don't point yourself advocate because you don't know what you are getting into.

by the way, did you buy the pipeline version? did you follow the documentation? were you able to produce your own elaborate character? how much time did it take? (and if you didn't please spare me your reply).

Still Angry
Edited
10 Years Ago by narf2n
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Darian.. for some reason you want to pick on me...its not my job to make  training videos its theirs, its their software...and they did promise to release this video mid January. So they are at fault...end of story...no question... Lets not all start shouting at each other on here...I have no wish to have any argument with anyone...I just want to learn the software and get the most out of it...and at the moment I cant....white papers are no substitute for a good video. Smile
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 1:40 AM
CrazyTalk Animator (including version 1) always relied on other products to make certain types of characters, so that is nothing new. I'm just pleased that I don't have to buy Flash, but can use DrawPlus instead, which is quite a cost-saving.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

etourist
etourist
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Having read through the white paper, carefully taking in each section, to make sure I'm clear on the concepts, I feel confident I can create my own character with DrawPlus. Nothing seemed overly difficult or complex to me.

I'm certainly not proficient with DrawPlus but I know enough to know that most of narf2n's questions are DrawPlus specific and could be answered through referencing DrawPlus's own documentation.

I did buy the Pipeline edition of CTA2 specifically for the ability to create characters in this way.

My Question...

I have noticed is that G2 Characters appear to have the provision to add both rabbit style ears and a tail (with multiple segments). Is that a carry over for G1 character import compatibility or can you add these features to G2 characters?

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
narf2n (1/27/2014)
The decision to make CTA2 dependent in another product was RL's - instead of developing the feature in their product they leveraged on the development of a sister company, one with which they've been cultivating a partnership for a while now and that makes perfect sense. But if the process of using RL product is SO dependent of that third party - it's becoming RL interest to make it clear and to demonstrate - otherwise they may lose potential buyers... RL asked for feedback in the beginning of this thread and I gave some (they only one who toke the time to do so by the way) I raised a number of points which were gracefully ignored and I am still waiting for some answers 3 days after posting it, if you think that's ok than good for you - I don't.

narf2n

Again you appear to be misinformed. You are not dependant on 3rd party products to create characters for CTA2. At the beginner level you can create characters entirely within CTA2 using the mix and match method. Secondly you can create your characters entirely within CTA2 using the Sprite replacement method. With either of these options you do not need Flash or DrawPlus. You will of course need to have the Artwork prepared but even then you could source it from someone else as you seemed appalled by my suggestion that you learn to use DrawPlus yourself.

As to complaints about the delays in getting replies to questions.  The forum is not monitored 24 hours a day but I do try to check here as much as I can. If you are seeking urgent help with a problem then please use our Technical Support department. They will happily try to help you with any issues you are encountering.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

narf2n
narf2n
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Oh Peter...

If ever there was an example of how not to communicate with a customer...

You know, I would say I am no more miss informed than you are able to get to the bottom of my criticism.

I don't understand at which point this thread became about whether or not and how much narf2n understands pipeline or draw plus rather than about the actual tool and process. Maybe it's easier for you to deflect than deal with the issues...

I expected reaching out to the forum for filling in the blanks be ok and really did not expect a forum manager to send me away with no relevant pointer or some relevant assistance - regardless of your workload. I don't know and every day I care a little less, about this thread and about Crazytalk - hence your questionable success story on the customer care department.

Also, between 24 hours and 8 days there is quite a gap, but I am not in charge of your duties and it doesn't matter who answers, I'd simply appreciate an answer but to be honest, I've given up on that by now, much like the hope of seeing the video tutorial you promised to upload on this very issue over 2 week ago.

You know what, Forget it... Moving on.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
heh, I know this feeling.....been there and i raised up a stink and a half lol...ask any vets here haha!

truth is those videos aren't easy to make....i've made a few myself and it took quite a bit of planning. Also it's a small company, and it's why the forum members try to help when we can. It actually helps us in return because we are still learning and exchange ideas, inspiration, and lessons. Being a small company means many of them wear a variety of hats, some of which include traveling to trade shows.

Peter is a great moderator, if he was able to have patience with me as he did, God bless him! BigGrin

Reallusion are really nice people, over worked with an ambitious goal!

If there is something the community members can help with, we'll try our best.

Reading This Topic