editor puppet to create a 3D character from photos

Posted By etoile33 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
etoile33
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Improve and reintroduce the editor puppet in crazy talk animator 2 in order to create a 3D character from photos. Pipeline version seems to not be optimized for this operation but only for flash characters.
I use crazy talk animator and crazy talk only to animate photography. Create a 3D character from photos really was a great hope for this new version.
soytinatiu
soytinatiu
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I want this too, but I'm not so sure it can't be done yet. I'll await the tutorials to find out for sure, but that is an important feature I hope is there too. I don't want to assume it's not though until I see more information.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
etoile33 (12/27/2013)
Improve and reintroduce the editor puppet in crazy talk animator 2 in order to create a 3D character from photos. Pipeline version seems to not be optimized for this operation but only for flash characters.
I use crazy talk animator and crazy talk only to animate photography. Create a 3D character from photos really was a great hope for this new version.

With CrazyTalk Animator 2 we have concentrated on the creation of vector (sprite) based characters rather than photo based characters because the vector based (cartoon style) is a better fit with 2D animation.

However I will certainly pass your feedback to the CTA Development team for consideration. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

nativenostalgia
nativenostalgia
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)Senior Member (269 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
You can add me to the list of Growing persons that wanted that particular feature. I've been going nuts trying to figure out how to do it. sure wish they had some white paper tutorials with this program i spend more time searching than i do using it.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
the creation of puppets from photos was this software fortee. Many companies have made careers out of doing that style of animation, for example jibjab.com

"better" is really just matter of opinion. The vector sprite foundation is great, i love it, and I think it will draw a great amount of support from the professional community (I know I'm hooked LOL), but I think Reallusion may have done themselves a disservice by leaving it out. Especially since the software is highly geared toward amateurs who would buy content from the market place as opposed to creating it on their own. The ability to make puppets from photos is the perfect stepping stone for most amateurs.

Even on a professional level, I can see people using the software to create puppets based on photos of claymation figures and animating stylistic works similar to Tim Burton the Nightmare before Christmas. But also animated comics are a big deal right now something that may have been possible with CTA1 but a lot more difficult in CTA2.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
JAMESWILLS59
JAMESWILLS59
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
The reason I bought Crazy Talk Animator was for the ability to animate a photo. Hope they can make 3D characters from photos. Is that what iClone is for?
etourist
etourist
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Being able to create characters from photos is what initially hooked me into CTA1. I have a lot of original paintings of my characters that I would like to animate by converting the painted images into CTA characters.

Being able to create characters from photos made CTA1 one of the best tools for satirical/parody animations about real people. To not develop this further alongside the new flash based 3D G2 characters in CTA2 in my opinion is a big misstep by RL.

Given that with iClone you can actually create 3D avatars based on real people using photos I would think that this process could be adapted to CTA2 to create all the views required by a CTA2 G2 character.

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thank you for all your feedback. This will all be used to shape the future of CrazyTalk Animator. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

tpetmezas
tpetmezas
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi everyone,
First of all congratulations to Reallusion team for this great software. The potential seems to be enormous and I think reducing its target group to just vector-based animation users, is unfair firstly to itself. It is as if using a tank, to kill a mosquito. The twelve-valve engine of Crazytalk Animator can be used, not only for the present, stylistically uniformed and, from a point and on, monotonus animation sprites, but also in a variety of animation styles. The stylistic kinds of animations that can be produced, may be vast. I myself am a painter, not a digital painter, though I am also well-trained to use Adobe's Illustrator and Corel's Painter, but the posibility of using my paintings drawn with natural media, seem to be great and cost-effective, since me and my team will be not in need of buying expensive equipment, like sofisticated Wacom tablet for everyone, for example. Even for people who draw, ordinary artists that are not willing to be engaged to computer aided drawing, it is far easier to produce with natural media. So here are my wishes for the future or even the present version (for some of them) of this software:
1) Full suport in all features for bitmaped files, pngs or Jpegs, either with morph based or replacement based animation or with both. You could also check Fabian's Web Pages, to see how to do that. If the team was focused in vector sprites for this version, then you could develope your software in a tic-tac wise tempo, by developing bitmap suport in the next and in every other version of Crazytalk Animator, not letting both worlds unpleased.
2) 4K resollution image import and video export formats, in order to be practically resolution-indipendent, and not to be in need of the mathematical (and definetly not artistical) quality of vectors. Also, in this way we can future-proof our work. I know of course the mainstream PCs are not capable of handling these files now, but please give us at least a way to work with our long-time projects even from now. Technology as always, soonner or later will follow our needs.
3) Direct suport for BVH mocap files (I intend to use Yei's equipment, not Microsoft's Kinnect, is it OK?)
4) Your guidance and suport on how to produce detailed face and hand mocap files, and what equipment to use.
I was waiting for years for such a software to come out. Now that it has come out, it is a pitty it cannot animate photos and paintings in its second version. I too find Reallusion moved from version one toward the wrong direction. I hope you will change this as soon as possible. If not, be sure, others will do.
Thanks in advance,
Theodosios Petmezas
vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I have just read this in a developer blog

I think what he write is important to note

Development tip: never remove features
If I have learned something since starting developing and selling my own software, then it is to never, never, ever, remove a feature when creating a new version of your software. No matter how stupid or irrelevant or buggy you think the feature you want to remove might be. Because there will be people who use this feature. And who will absolutely be pissed about you removing that thing they need.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic