Sound Effects in CTA Pro

Posted By jarronn 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
When I finally add sound effects to my videos will I have individual control of the volume of each sound effect or will I only have control over the sound of the entire sound effects timeline?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Many of your answers can be found by reading the product manual.

The online manual and the online help are NOT the same thing

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
CrazyTalk Animator allows you to add two Sound FX tracks and one Music track along with the Voice track.

Just open the Timeline and then the two Sound FX tracks. If you double click the sound file in each track you can then adjust the volume and fade in and out.

Please click HERE for more on using Sound FX in CTA.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Well, I got tired of waiting for a response and decided the best way to know is to test it. Thank goodness I do indeed have individual volume controls for each and every sound effect imported. The problem I have had is that some of my sound effects were not loud enough and I could not make them louder. So, I guess I'll have to re-mix all my sound effects at the highest volume I can get without distortion and then lower them as needed in CTA Pro because they always import in at the highest volume level and I cannot make them louder.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited
11 Years Ago by jarronn
jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (9/16/2013)
CrazyTalk Animator allows you to add two Sound FX tracks and one Music track along with the Voice track.

Just open the Timeline and then the two Sound FX tracks. If you double click the sound file in each track you can then adjust the volume and fade in and out.

Please click HERE for more on using Sound FX in CTA.

I knew that! You obviously don't know what I meant

In one of the sound effects tracks I may choose to use 10 different sound effects. I may want some of them softer in volume than the others. I wanted to know if I would have individual volume controls over each and every sound effect I import.

Damn, sometimes it's so frustrating making myself understood in forums like this. Then I have to wait and wait and wait only to find I was not understood. Then I have to clarify and wait and wait and wait for a response.

THEN IF I GET ANGRY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT'S BAD, RIGHT????

Dumb human sheep don't mind such hassles, but I DO!!

Still, I take heart in that soon all my questions will be answered and I won't be asking so many things. That's something I am looking forward to!

Edited
11 Years Ago by jarronn
jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You see, being in the middle of a project and then having to stop and wait for answers from you guys can be very frustrating!

That's why I ask so many questions BEFORE I start the project.

I mean, obviously it means nothing to you if we have to stop projects and wait for answers, but IT MEANS A LOT TO ME!!

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
jarronn (9/16/2013)
[quote][b]I knew that! You obviously don't know what I meant

In one of the sound effects tracks I may choose to use 10 different sound effects. I may want some of them softer in volume than the others. I wanted to know if I would have individual volume controls over each and every sound effect I import.

Damn, sometimes it's so frustrating making myself understood in forums like this. Then I have to wait and wait and wait only to find I was not understood. Then I have to clarify and wait and wait and wait for a response.

THEN IF I GET ANGRY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT'S BAD, RIGHT????

Dumb human sheep don't mind such hassles, but I DO!!

Still, I take heart in that soon all my questions will be answered and I won't be asking so many things. That's something I am looking forward to!

To be honest being unappreciative of others attempts to help you is not really best way to encourage further help. For me as a Forum Admin it's part of my job so I carry on regardless, but you may find other users will lose interest in helping you with replies like the one above.

It's also important to remember that what may be clear to you may not be as clear when read by others. That is why it is always advised to try and give as much information as you can about the problem and make the question clear and concise.

Even then you may still not get the answer you were looking for but at least someone is trying to help you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

perriced
perriced
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Peter, happened, by chance, across your reply here. Just goes to show, once again, the patience of a saint!
Dave
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
that's why i appreciate peter so much, I believe he understands why i get the way i get sometimes - not everyone can be the saint all the time ....when i first joined, i was a bit rough around the edges myself, but after spending quality time here, i see reallusion are the good guys. Cool

be nice to peter BigGrin

don't make me fight swoop on your threads, we post pictures of kittens, babies, rigs and uv(s), it's not pretty.

Edited
11 Years Ago by planetstardragon
perriced
perriced
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Can you say "beatification?"
jarronn
jarronn
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

PETER WROTE:

It's also important to remember that what may be clear to you may not be as clear when read by others. That is why it is always advised to try and give as much information as you can about the problem and make the question clear and concise.

MY RESPONSE:

That's the core of my frustration. I OBVIOUSLY didn't make myself clear enough. I would much rather have a tech support number to call, but I have no choice except to wait and wait and wait for a response to find I was not understood. Then I have to clarify and wait and wait and wait for a response and, of course, act as though I'm not frustrated by this at all. After all, you much rather I be tactful than honest, right?

right?

Honestly should ALWAYS take a proverbial backseat to being tactful and acting as though you are not actually frustrated, right?

OF COURSE, if I am being paid to answer questions here. Then honestly should always take a proverbial backseat to tactfulness.

If you're not being paid to answer questions here then...you are a saint for helping at all, Peter!

Edited
11 Years Ago by jarronn

Reading This Topic